Sadly just not quite good enough this year, maybe next !!!

LN747

14 minutes ago, REDCAR said:

We’d have took this before a ball was kicked last summer, well I would anyway.

Absolutely. It’s just that we somehow managed to get ourselves in a great position only to throw it away by failing to pick up three points in games we probably expected to. Namely MK Dons, Fleetwood and to a lesser extent, Shrewsbury.

A bit like the feeling you get when what should have been a decent draw feeling like a defeat when you concede a late goal or two.

Edited by Tamworthram

1 hour ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

If this thread is based on today’s performance then surely it should be saying playoffs are a certainty. We maintain that level of performance in our remaining games and through the playoffs we will be promoted!!

Yes it was a fluke result, we had 28 shots to the Dons 3. If we get another 28 shots in the next match, I'm sure we will score more than once.

If this thread is based on today’s performance then surely it should be saying playoffs are a certainty. We maintain that level of performance in our remaining games and through the playoffs we will be promoted!!

The problem is, if we make it, we won't be playing teams like MKD in the play offs. They were pretty woeful in the first half when we had most of our shots. 

3 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

Not over yet, still time for us to play ourselves into form

Based on Paul Warne's interview after the match I get the impression he feels he's done as much as he can with the current squad. He looked to be out of ideas, could his mind already be on next year?

So from here on it looks to be about whether the footballing god's are kind to us, because there's no particular reason to think things are going to suddenly come good because of a late season resurgence.

frustrated charlie brown GIF

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

The problem is, if we make it, we won't be playing teams like MKD in the play offs. They were pretty woeful in the first half when we had most of our shots. 

If we get in the playoffs past form means nothing as Hull proved to us in 15/16. Being solid with match winners is a blueprint to win playoff games and we’ve got that. We just didn’t get the second today, and they literally scored with the only chance they created with the aid of a deflection as well. Sometimes it just isn’t your day, unfortunately we would’ve been better with a s**** performance and a win today, this stage the result is all that matters which is why today is devastating regardless of how well we played. 

We're we watching the same match? We are consistently inconsistent!

1 minute ago, MarsdenRam said:

Based on Paul Warne's interview after the match I get the impression he feels he's done as much as he can with the current squad. He looked to be out of ideas, could his mind already be on next year?

So from here on it looks to be about whether the footballing god's are kind to us, because there's no particular reason to think things are going to suddenly come good because of a late season resurgence.

frustrated charlie brown GIF

Didn’t listen to his interview but based on today he couldn’t do any more. Nothing about being out of ideas today, he did everything right today the tactics were spot on, we absolutely battered them the only issue is we didn’t score more than one which wasn’t down to lack of chances created and therefore not down to him.

1 minute ago, MarsdenRam said:

We're we watching the same match? We are consistently inconsistent!

Genuinely don’t know what game you were at today honestly 🤷🏻‍♂️

You’re clearly someone who only looks at the result if you’re criticising today. Didn’t do anything wrong the result was just the wrong one and it’s a body blow to our chances. 

17 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

What if it was a season of us winning game after game and going up as champions? I think I could deal with that. 
I’m not saying that will happen of course, just wanted to spread a tiny bit of optimism. 

Rather go up this year, which is still very much possible by the way despite what some on here think

3 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Rather go up this year, which is still very much possible by the way despite what some on here think

Which is fair enough. I agree it’s still possible. My worry is that if we do go up this year we end up weaker than other championship sides due to the restrictions and face a season in a relegation dog fight, which will again lead to more distress and division in the fan base. Whereas my fantastical view of another year at this level with a reinforced and better balanced squad leads to us leading from the front in league one, going up automatically and carrying that momentum into the championship without any financial restrictions in place. All ifs, buts and maybes I know. 

I’ll be supporting the team whatever eventuality of course, I just don’t like the idea of being whipping boys for a season just to say “at least we’re back at a higher level now”, that 11 point prem season haunts me still 😱 

On 10/04/2023 at 19:55, B4ev6is said:

Oh cant we

Kicked our players to death

There was at least other pently calls oh no not to us.

There players falling like flys nrothing said to them

Efl songs needs sang louder.

Anti EFL chants achieve absolutely nothing. 

On 10/04/2023 at 17:10, LN747 said:

Small squad looks tired and running out of steam 

Even if we make the playoffs I can’t see us beating any of the top 6 

Actually reckon we could be Bolton over 2 legs but not the way we playing 

we would have taken this at the start of the season and its probably where we should be. Am I bad in wanting a little more?

The big one for me this season is that we have a club to support and one point we nearly didn't.

The EFL should have an owner of the season, we would win that one