Footy Scran

TuffLuff

Every few months we seem to make it onto here, one of my favourite twitter pages.

Anyway as someone who has to console themselves with a chicken tikka pukka pie sometimes at PP as I’ve not had chance to eat in town, where in the bloody heck is someone getting these from? Last time we were on was for a Christmas dinner in a tub from inside the stadium! 

Edited by TuffLuff

41 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Every few months we seem to make it onto here, one of my favourite twitter pages.

Anyway as someone who has to console themselves with a chicken tikka pukka pie sometimes at PP as I’ve not had chance to eat in town, where in the bloody heck is someone getting these from? Last time we were on was for a Christmas dinner in a tub from inside the stadium! 

Bleurgh, brown food. 

6 minutes ago, angieram said:

And while I'm on the subject, I bought a bottle of pop yesterday as it was so mild. Had the top taken off.

Bloke behind me bought water, top left on.

Can I have my top back?

No, not allowed.

How come he can have his top? 

That's different,  it's water.

??‍♀️

You’re getting a reputation ?

7 minutes ago, angieram said:

And while I'm on the subject, I bought a bottle of pop yesterday as it was so mild. Had the top taken off.

Can I have my top back?

No, not allowed.

??‍♀️

Isn't there a local byelaw against being topless at PP?

That's the kids meal in the North stand. It's meant to be 4 chicken nuggets or a small hot dog, with chips, that's pretty much a regular portion. Not sure how they've gotten 9 nuggets, my lad gets the meal when he comes and has only ever got served 4 nuggets with the chips. Regardless the chips are nice and the hot dog or nuggets are reasonable. Recommended for sure.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Can I have my top back?

No, not allowed.

??‍♀️

It happens at lots of grounds @angieram .  As coke is now more expensive than a litre of fuel I can’t imagine why people would want to throw it on the pitch but that’s the reason why tops are removed according to a number of clubs, including ours, that I have complained to.  Elf and safety gone mad

The practice ignores the fact that it would take an international cricketer to reach the pitch never mind hit anyone, that there have been no incidents at grounds including our own, that removing the top wouldn’t stop it from being hurled anyway if someone was of a mind to do so and ignores the fact that people bring their own drinks into the ground in their own containers - no doubt flasks are deemed to be lethal weapons in football speak. 
I now take spare tops with me to away grounds or I get water, and I’ve stopped buying any drinks at PP in silent protest. 

They were selling... well I can't remember exactly but I THINK it was sausage, chips & stuffing with gravy on one of the East Stand 'stalls' yesterday. But only at that stall, not any of the others so if you weren't stood in that particular zone in the concourse you wouldn't have know it was a thing.

It's just so poorly organised and advertised. Surely what food you can get in the stadium shouldn't depend on where you're sat.

1 hour ago, ilkleyram said:

It happens at lots of grounds @angieram .  As coke is now more expensive than a litre of fuel I can’t imagine why people would want to throw it on the pitch but that’s the reason why tops are removed according to a number of clubs, including ours, that I have complained to.  Elf and safety gone mad

The practice ignores the fact that it would take an international cricketer to reach the pitch never mind hit anyone, that there have been no incidents at grounds including our own, that removing the top wouldn’t stop it from being hurled anyway if someone was of a mind to do so and ignores the fact that people bring their own drinks into the ground in their own containers - no doubt flasks are deemed to be lethal weapons in football speak. 
I now take spare tops with me to away grounds or I get water, and I’ve stopped buying any drinks at PP in silent protest. 

I know all that, but what is the difference between a bottle of pop and a bottle of water? Why are we more likely to throw one than the other? 

I always have a spare bottle top with me, that isn't the issue. It's the inconsistency.

10 hours ago, angieram said:

I know all that, but what is the difference between a bottle of pop and a bottle of water? Why are we more likely to throw one than the other? 

I always have a spare bottle top with me, that isn't the issue. It's the inconsistency.

Pop has bubbles in so you can throw it further. Energy=metresxcoke2

albert einstein GIF

10 hours ago, angieram said:

Last time I bought a bottle of water in the East stand the top was removed.

Next time I bought one from the burger van outside the ground and took it in, in my pocket with top intact. Silly games.

4 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Last time I bought a bottle of water in the East stand the top was removed.

Next time I bought one from the burger van outside the ground and took it in, in my pocket with top intact. Silly games.

The next step will be confiscating the tops off flasks of tea.

By the way, when did people stop taking flasks to games?

You'd always see some at ht back in the day 

11 hours ago, angieram said:

Because you're all Coked up....

Some other points that are intriguing me about this thread.

1: It's a cap, not a top. Maybe a lid, but not a top.

2: Seriously, you carry spare caps with you? In your pocket? That is, well, let's just say unexpected.

3: If you get searched at the gates would you have to confirm it is for water or they'll take it off you?

10 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Because you're all Coked up....

Some other points that are intriguing me about this thread.

1: It's a cap, not a top. Maybe a lid, but not a top.

2: Seriously, you carry spare caps with you? In your pocket? That is, well, let's just say unexpected.

3: If you get searched at the gates would you have to confirm it is for water or they'll take it off you?

Given that the stewards seem incapable of finding a bottle of vodka that the bloke stood next to me was swigging at Plymouth, I don't think they're likely to locate my bottle top, which is in my rucksack. 

I'll call it what I want, thank you.

29 minutes ago, angieram said:

Given that the stewards seem incapable of finding a bottle of vodka that the bloke stood next to me was swigging at Plymouth, I don't think they're likely to locate my bottle top, which is in my rucksack. 

I'd have thought it was the opposite way round?

I don't mean that I think you were the one swigging the bottle of Vodka while the gentleman next to you was concealing a bottle top in his rucksack (!), but that stewards are far more likely to check someone's carrying a bag of some kind than asking someone what that bottle-shaped bulge in their jeans is!

I've never even seen someone have their coat pockets checked... unless they're also carrying a bag. Although maybe this is more my lack of experience going to away games where the fans may be treated differently to the home fans?

Edited by Kokosnuss