Footy Scran

TuffLuff

16 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

Every few months we seem to make it onto here, one of my favourite twitter pages.

Anyway as someone who has to console themselves with a chicken tikka pukka pie sometimes at PP as I’ve not had chance to eat in town, where in the bloody heck is someone getting these from? Last time we were on was for a Christmas dinner in a tub from inside the stadium! 

One for the connoisseur.

………...any chance of a pre season friendly?

FnyRIZVWIAEGdqb?format=jpg&name=large

Taking flasks? Still do, a hip flask.

Bottle closing mechanisms? Always been a bottle top to me. Is "bottle cap" something the younger folk use?

Match day scran? Usual start is a full English. Either in Brenda's Caff on London Road or the Bab, all depending what time we wake from the night before. Then, again dependent on the time, a couple in the Neppy before heading to the Brunny for beer, one of their wonderful cheese n onion cobs and a pork pie. If hungry, a burger or hot dog at the ground. Then back to the Neppy for a few before ending up at the Viceroy for a curry.

15 hours ago, angieram said:

And while I'm on the subject, I bought a bottle of pop yesterday as it was so mild. Had the top taken off.

Bloke behind me bought water, top left on.

Can I have my top back?

No, not allowed.

How come he can have his top? 

That's different,  it's water.

??‍♀️

Did you ever go to school...this is why ?

image.png.9e4a11297ba58b92086540be43dc6b59.png

I hadn't bought a pie in many, many years at a football ground. At Barnsley one of my lads decided to have one and I was tempted, so I bought a Pukka meat and potato pie, expecting to find pieces of meat and potato in it, all I found was meat and potato mush, I needed either a spoon or a straw, not a fork!?

21 hours ago, angieram said:

And while I'm on the subject, I bought a bottle of pop yesterday as it was so mild. Had the top taken off.

Can I have my top back?

No, not allowed.

??‍♀️

Angie put a bottle of pop top in purse and just put in stright back on.

We were about to enter the turnstiles when the apprentice wanted a burger, there was a queue at the burger van so I told him to get one inside.

I went for a Jimmy while he went for a burger.  Only one of us completed our task.

How can a football club not sell burgers in the concourse?

shambles.

23 minutes ago, Boycie said:

We were about to enter the turnstiles when the apprentice wanted a burger, there was a queue at the burger van so I told him to get one inside.

I went for a Jimmy while he went for a burger.  Only one of us completed our task.

How can a football club not sell burgers in the concourse?

shambles.

Well in the east stand they did but person get them in said only sold 2 last week and rest got chucked away so stopped them again.

24 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well in the east stand they did but person get them in said only sold 2 last week and rest got chucked away so stopped them again.

Probably because they dint sell em before so nobody asks for them?

I wish they sold Gluten Free food, they’ll sort the Vegans out no problem. Sigh.

17 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I wish they sold Gluten Free food, they’ll sort the Vegans out no problem. Sigh.

Well I could perhaps I could have a word make a suggestion if that helps.

On 19/03/2023 at 19:25, angieram said:

Can I have my top back?

No, not allowed.

??‍♀️

The whole thing infuriates me. I'm surprised he was allowed the top for his water. I normally take extra bottle tops to events so I can have a drink in a civilized manner.

Edit: I see you already do it and others have suggested it. But these rules are utterly mad and there's an issue that no one seems able to change them. They just come along and make everyone's lives just that little bit worse. If David Clowes reads this forum, he might have the power?

Edited by Carl Sagan

2 hours ago, Boycie said:

Do you usually eat between 3pm and 5pm, just thinking and this might sound crazy but hear me out…..eat before or after the game, you know, what people usually call……dinner time or tea time?

On 19/03/2023 at 20:26, CBRammette said:

Catering offering at PP is awful. As we have a bit of a trek to the match usually need something and would rather give the club our money but its unreliable and poor

The catering is contracted out anyway isnt it, so wouldn't make any difference to the club if you purchased food in the ground or not (if my point is correct of course)

15 hours ago, David said:

Do you usually eat between 3pm and 5pm, just thinking and this might sound crazy but hear me out…..eat before or after the game, you know, what people usually call……dinner time or tea time?

He didn’t have anything to eat before the match no, but you’ll be pleased to know he did get a greasy burger after the game outside subway. £4.

2 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Thank you. Didnt know that - explains a lot!

I'm not certain that its correct but know at some point in time it was contracted out to Delaware North (or something along them lines) although I believe at some point in time DCFC did have a stake in that business.

20 hours ago, David said:

I agree.  Although I do have the advantage of living local enough to have lunch before setting off for the match (Or my tea, before an evening game).

But it seems most who need to travel some distance also need to factor in an early arrival to secure a parking spot and/or to ensure an adequate buffer against traffic hold-ups en-route, thus generally having time for a bite to eat before entering the stadium.  Particularly a stadium with surrounding eateries such as ours? 🤷‍♂️

I do often wonder how desperate folk are... and why... to feel the need to buy the hot food in a football ground, but I guess they must have their reasons.  I guess I shouldn't knock it, but it still leaves me a little intrigued as to the reasoning behind it (purely in a nosey-parker kind o' way!)

As you infer, with the possible exception of a noon/12:30 kick off, it's rare for a football match to coincide with "recognised meal times".