Peterborough United vs Derby County

cannable

Just now, Blondest Goat said:

Doesn't help when the crosser over hits them by 15 yards.   NML has started to show why he's playing in league one.  No consistency.

I'm gonna say it. He started playing worse as soon as we came out with that awful chant for him. Ran his socks off and was rewarded with a borderline racist song that insults his appearance. Another quality piece of lyrical genius there from the south stand.

In my mind realistically playoffs were the target at the start of the season. We're in 6th place and that's what we're currently fighting for. Heck a lot of people on here were saying top 10 and they'd be happy so the meltdown is a bit embarrassing.

We've dropped off it a little but it happens. The reason it looks bad is because we went on that unbelievable unbeaten run.

We've got a tough game next week but after that we should be able to pick up points. If we don't then we don't deserve playoffs. But I think we can get back on track and do it. Once you're in there it's all up for grabs. No need for all the negativity. We're still in the fight for promotion. COYR.

Looking round here, I think I may have found myself on the entitled Newcastle United fans forum in error.

I’ll try again to find the DCFC fans forum. You know- the one for supporters of the club that nearly went out of business. They had 5 players left. They sold their best up and coming talent. Rooney left them in the lurch. They found themselves in League 1 with a number of young lads and players in their 30s. Somehow, they’re managing to stay in a playoff position despite everything that’s happened. I remember in the 1980s it took two attempts to get out of the ‘3rd division’.

Anyway- I’ll keep searching.

28 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Good job Wildsmith, Cashin, White, Bird, Knight, Dobbin, Barkhuizen, Sibley, Rooney, Springett, Roberts are all nowhere near 30 isn't it then?

Fun fact, you could play all of these and rest all the "pensioners" for a week. Surely they don't need any more than that, otherwise they wouldn't still be playing the game? I mean, Forsyth isn't doing a bad job each week? Nor is McGoldrick. Nor is Hourihane or Mendez Laing a lot of the time

Tiredness is a lazy excuse. You're a professional athlete with world class facilities and staff at your disposal. Cut out the midweek drinking if you can't hack it

yeah you could play all those, and we would probably lose every week

there is not enough middle ground in our squad, it's either pensioners or youngsters. you go nowhere in football without players in their primes.

players DO get tired, especially older ones. people suggesting otherwise are deluded

Edited by alram

22 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

12 months ago we nearly didnt have a team to support. Clowes rescued us from extinction, so i for one am entirely grateful, so what he does is fine by me.

completely agree, clowes has huge credit in the bank.

but it does not mean i wont ignore questionable decisions. at some point we will have to move on from at least we have a team to support

4 minutes ago, Rammeister said:

Looking round here, I think I may have found myself on the entitled Newcastle United fans forum in error.

I’ll try again to find the DCFC fans forum. You know- the one for supporters of the club that nearly went out of business. They had 5 players left. They sold their best up and coming talent. Rooney left them in the lurch. They found themselves in League 1 with a number of young lads and players in their 30s. Somehow, they’re managing to stay in a playoff position despite everything that’s happened. I remember in the 1980s it took two attempts to get out of the ‘3rd division’.

Anyway- I’ll keep searching.

The post literally one up from yours is saying nothing but positives. Maybe your inability to read is what's making it hard to find the right forum.

for those saying it's nothing to do with fitness amongst the older players and that its a lazy excuse, i can tell you for certain it is true from my own experience. I played football at a good semi pro level when i was younger, as soon as i hit 31 recovery times would get longer and longer.

by the time i was 34 my body was in bits and recovering from games took an age. you could spend all week recovering from games & because you aren't training properly you naturally lose match fitness, so it makes every game harder to complete. that is how fitness affects older players, you could be as fit as you want but the issue is recovery times. sometimes you can hardly walk after games. 

i know what i see, and i am seeing the same things amongst some of our players that i saw when i played football

21 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

No doubt we'll recruit, but there will be a LOT of bodies needed in the summer, regardless of the league we're in. If the loans go back, players retire, teams come in for Knight and co then we might be starting from square one. Which to be honest might not be a bad thing. I'd not take too much encouragement from players who realistically won't be here next season.

Where ever we are next season we'll need at least 10 players, If by some minor miracle we win the play offs then in the Championship we'll be needing a squad of 25 players so 10+ players, There's going to be a lot of activity in the Summer at PP and Moor Farm, PW will have looked to see who's where and when, Agents have already been at Moor Farm.

I'd sooner we started in League1 next season and build from there and get this Embargo out of the way at the end of season 2023-24 

Another big game, another defeat. I would say the team isn’t good enough, but that’s simply not the case - they’re dog walking sides and struggling to put them away. The first half was encouraging and embarrassing in equal measure. How can you be sat in the opposition final third and not produce anything. Where is the coaching, where’s the craftsmanship? 

This defeat is on Paul Warne, for me, his negligence to game management was the difference. The players blew their load in the first half and then Peterborough put us away in the second. 

This obviously isn’t the nail in the coffin for us, but we haven’t done anything other than disappoint in the big moments. My biggest concern is Warne, I thought he was an intelligent, pragmatic manager - he’s in fact the opposite and quite honestly, worryingly, probably the reason we are failing in the big(ger) games. 

15 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

I'm gonna say it. He started playing worse as soon as we came out with that awful chant for him. Ran his socks off and was rewarded with a borderline racist song that insults his appearance. Another quality piece of lyrical genius there from the south stand.

There you've said it. Well done, lets have a racist debate. . . . NOT   stick to footy

Just now, The Last Post said:

Where ever we are next season we'll need at least 10 players, If by some minor miracle we win the play offs then in the Championship we'll be needing a squad of 25 players so 10+ players, There's going to be a lot of activity in the Summer at PP and Moor Farm, PW will have looked to see who's where and when, Agents have already been at Moor Farm.

I'd sooner we started in League1 next season and build from there and get this Embargo out of the way at the end of season 2023-24 

Totally agree. The fun thing is we've not been given the green light to even be able to spend next window. It's still just a "maybe, as long as we agree you're on the right business path"

14 minutes ago, AndyB said:

Warne has a 4 year contract, until he has his own players he shouldn’t be judged.

Clowes won’t sack Warne anyway, his recent interview for Marketing Derby talked about 5 years to become an established Championship team.

I’m glad Clowes is the fan in charge of the club and not some of the clowns on here!

good luck convincing anyone from our fan base that we should spend 4 years in this division andyB.

its already feeling pretty crap down at this level, 4 years of it would be grim.

david clowes probably just setting low targets in public which is fair enough, you can bet any money and based on our recruitment this season & the speed which he could rid of LR his actions do not match up with that 5 year timescale

19 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

Racist song?  Nothing racial about it get a grip.    

Just now, oodledoodle said:

I'm well up for a debate if you're offering. Let me know how "lol black men have a big willy" isn't racist stereotyping. I'll be happy to correct you.

You have heard eiran cashins song right? 

You have heard chris martins old song? 

58 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

How many players we had before the season is entirely irrelevant, other than to suggest how well people off the pitch have done. To judge Warne, you look at the squad he had when he took over. That’s a top 2 squad. I cannot emphasise enough how s*** this league is. It really is terrible. To not even make top 6 is completely unacceptable.

But it's not just about having players. It's about building a style of play. Building a culture. Building squad depth. You can't just put a fairly threadbare squad together of some admittedly good players for this division and expect them to walk the league.

The older players can't play week in, week out like they've had to, and the younger players can't always adapt to first team football in a physically challenging league so quickly. Your inability to comprehend this is quite extraordinary.