6 hours ago, Jubbs said:

Crazy. Not won in 2023 sure, but they've played:

Spurs
Chelsea
Man United x2
Newcastle
Liverpool
Man City

Their "easiest" game was Villa, in 11th. Shocking decision. 

Crazy.

People saying they have been sucked into a relegation battle but they have had a monster run of games against the best sides.

And they have been competitive, drawing with United, Brighton, Newcastle, Liverpool and Brentford(A), while only losing 1-0 to the likes of City and Chelsea(A).

They are 12th and their last 10 games of the season are against 8 teams below them in the league.

They would have been absolutely fine again. Such a bizarre decision.

12 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Crazy.

People saying they have been sucked into a relegation battle but they have had a monster run of games against the best sides.

And they have been competitive, drawing with United, Brighton, Newcastle, Liverpool and Brentford(A), while only losing 1-0 to the likes of City and Chelsea(A).

They are 12th and their last 10 games of the season are against 8 teams below them in the league.

They would have been absolutely fine again. Such a bizarre decision.

It's more than just stats and numbers though. Go and read what Palace fans think about the way they've been playing. This isn't just about going a bad run against teams above them. Maybe Palace fans are a bit entitled, but they're the ones who have to watch the football being served up. Remember how other fans with no idea about our club criticised us for sacking Clement.

29 minutes ago, Anon said:

It's more than just stats and numbers though. Go and read what Palace fans think about the way they've been playing. This isn't just about going a bad run against teams above them. Maybe Palace fans are a bit entitled, but they're the ones who have to watch the football being served up. Remember how other fans with no idea about our club criticised us for sacking Clement.

I've read on the BBC about the lack of shots on target. But you don't expect to have many shots on target against the likes of City and Brighton away. 

The run has just coincided with playing the top teams. The lack of confidence comes from the lack of good results. But they were 12th last season and Vieira was praised, and they are 12th now.

Aside from a 0-4 against Spurs, they have been competitive in every game. 

8 of their final games are against all the teams below them. They still have Forest, Bournemouth, Everton and Leicester at home. That should be an easy 12 points.

With their run of games to go, the next manager is going to look amazing when they pick up about 18 points from their final games.

Edited by Bris Vegas

2 hours ago, SSD said:

And now Hodgson is in talks about returning to Palace. I think he's a decent manager but he's got to be 75? 

Good old modern day football. Short term narrow minded decisions win every time. Amazed Big Sam hasn't had another go yet. 

Whilst agreeing with your sentiment, given the run they’ve been on and that Hodgson knows a lot of the players, it’s an understandable sticky plaster.

Bit harsh on Vieira though, such is the importance on maintaining their Prem finances.

10 hours ago, Zag zig said:

Whilst agreeing with your sentiment, given the run they’ve been on and that Hodgson knows a lot of the players, it’s an understandable sticky plaster.

Bit harsh on Vieira though, such is the importance on maintaining their Prem finances.

They've had a load of American investment recently though, haven't they, so I'm not too surprised they've panicked. Stupid decision though IMO but if it works there'll be big cigars and titty bars all round, yee-hargh!!

I’m surprised Brendan Rodgers is still at Leicester after effectively criticizing their lack of spending, performing poorly on the pitch and having fans with their Rodgers out banners.

I think they do have an easier run-in though and should pull out of it.

3 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

I’m surprised Brendan Rodgers is still at Leicester after effectively criticizing their lack of spending, performing poorly on the pitch and having fans with their Rodgers out banners.

I think they do have an easier run-in though and should pull out of it.

I believe that they cannot afford to sack him. Even continuing to pay his wages and putting him on Gardening Leave would be a disaster. They are financially restricted right now apparently.

7 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Bayern moved fast to ensure they got Tuchel before jobs like Spurs became more obviously available. 

Now Conte's made his inevitable exit, hopefully Cooper is next to go. 

We want Cooper to stay in place until at least the end of the season. They are bottom of the form table and dropping like a stone. Don't want any kind of new manager bounce over there

10 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Why 'hopefully'?

I think he remains beloved of most gump fans, so sacking him would drive a huge wedge between the owner and supporters. Which often leads to chaos.

Also, if they go down as they're currently headed, he's reasonably well equipped to bring them back and start turning them into a yo-yo club. I'd rather someone came in with no knowledge of the Championship. 

If Rodgers was one defeat away from being shown the door, why not just do it at the start of the international break and have someone lined up?

With the next game on Tuesday, not enough time for even a caretaker manger to make any real changes that will have an affect.

I will never understand the timing of sackings.