Next manager for the sack?

Jimbo Ram

No head of recruitment, 14 players registered, no immediate signings, no contract offers to existing team, loan players return to parent clubs..... imagine Moore might have said what's going on and their idiot of an owner sacked him. Mutually agreed my ar5e

I would like to think this actually is mutual and following the abuse he received, felt it's best to leave.

Wouldn't blame him.

At the same time, the way they fell out the automatics was dreadful, he left them with great memories in the play offs, they should never have been in them though.

Have we gone back in time a couple of months?  Is today 1st April?  First, Bournemouth sack their manager.  The one who took over after a 9-0 defeat and the ex-manager had criticised the players and then went on to keep them up with games to spare.  Then I read that the Community Shield is now being played on a Sunday night - further proof if ever it was needed that the football authorities really couldn’t care less about the fans.  And then I come on here and read that Darren Moore has been sacked.  The same Darren Moore that recorded their highest ever points total, dealt with the abhorrent racist abuse he received with calmness and dignity, and achieved promotion.

All 3 are absolute madness.

8 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Have we gone back in time a couple of months?  Is today 1st April?  First, Bournemouth sack their manager.  The one who took over after a 9-0 defeat and the ex-manager had criticised the players and then went on to keep them up with games to spare.  Then I read that the Community Shield is now being played on a Sunday night - further proof if ever it was needed that the football authorities really couldn’t care less about the fans.  And then I come on here and read that Darren Moore has been sacked.  The same Darren Moore that recorded their highest ever points total, dealt with the abhorrent racist abuse he received with calmness and dignity, and achieved promotion.

All 3 are absolute madness.

everything in the football world is so bonkers right now, not sure how to react to all of it 

Kinda understand both sackings. Although I do think both teams will suffer for doing so.

Bournemouth will be in a dog fight until they eventually go down again. Any ideas above that is cloud cuckoo land in my opinion. 

Wednesday have totally disrupted their summer and to what purpose? Interested to see where the big man goes from here..surely another championship job in a few months time. 

14 hours ago, David said:

I would like to think this actually is mutual and following the abuse he received, felt it's best to leave.

Wouldn't blame him.

At the same time, the way they fell out the automatics was dreadful, he left them with great memories in the play offs, they should never have been in them though.

Apparently they had a meeting in which the manager expressed a need to sign 10 new players, the owner disagreed.

There was a fans forum hosted by the chairman arranged for this evening, I don’t know wether it is still on, would be interesting.

15 hours ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Then I read that the Community Shield is now being played on a Sunday night - further proof if ever it was needed that the football authorities really couldn’t care less about the fans. 

Fans win...or should I say the FA capitulated when fan groups said they would..."boycott the match" a fear of seeing empty seats at Wembley for a curtain opener shows...the FA aren't really deaf...just greedy 👍 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65962426

Edited by The Last Post

22 hours ago, Foreveram said:

Apparently they had a meeting in which the manager expressed a need to sign 10 new players, the owner disagreed.

There was a fans forum hosted by the chairman arranged for this evening, I don’t know wether it is still on, would be interesting.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-dejphon-chansiri-sheffield-wednesday-goals-4190638

Some interesting stuff in here from their fans' forum.

Top 6 is the expectation. And, if they sell 30K season tickets, the price will get lowered to £400.

26 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-dejphon-chansiri-sheffield-wednesday-goals-4190638

Top 6 is the expectation. And, if they sell 30K season tickets, the price will get lowered to £400.

Yes I followed their meeting with the owner through Owlstalk, they really don’t like him.

He seems to make stuff up of the top of his head, nobody seems to know if the season ticket idea is even feasible due to the reduced capacity of the ground, lots of fans on their forum not even knowing the rules about minimum allocations for away fans and walk up customers, and no mention of price for seniors or children.

He insisted that Moore was mutual consent and there was a strong rumour that he had left to join someone else, the owner said he hadn’t but he may join someone in a couple of weeks, rumoured to be WBA.

4 hours ago, Scott129 said:

30k season tickets doesnt seem likely given their attendance last year. I know theyre in a higher league now, but still

19 minutes ago, GenBr said:

30k season tickets doesnt seem likely given their attendance last year. I know theyre in a higher league now, but still

Oh yeah. It would be a logistical nightmare as well.

Imagine 30,000 people trying to claim a refund of varying amounts, based on what they had already paid for their STs.

Basically what’s happened is they started their early bird season tickets something like last January at very reasonable prices, and then increased the price every few weeks. They got to the playoff final, loads of casual fans went to Wembley with their kids, enjoyed the day out and thought I wonder how much a season ticket is, £500+ to £700 + , I don’t think so. why are you ripping us off.

• 2 weeks later...