Plymouth Argyle Game

SK47

11 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

It is  - is it the Tamar? I once went to visit a client who had a farm in both counties and as I hadnt been to Cornwall he drive us over his little stone bridge and back. Sorry not the most thrilling story!! 

Yes you are correct, the river Tamar is the border between Cornwall & Devon from the esturary at Plymouth up to near the village of Meddon where the river starts then the last 3 miles or so of the border cut across from east to west to Welcome Mouth beach.

40 minutes ago, sage said:

I was quoting Brailsford Ram, who wants to move to a points system where being a STH gives you 23 points.   

Fair enough. I think Brailsford has made an error with his statement that  "This is the first season that Derby County has not prioritised Season ticket holders (STH) over non-season ticket holders with an away membership" and he was proposing a return to the old system.

31 minutes ago, Rev said:

Maybe my memories playing tricks on me, but that's not my recollection.

Away members first, split into categories based on away games attended so far, then ST holders, then general sale.

If you weren't a ST holder, you had to buy a home membership as well as an away membership, to get priority over ST holders without an away membership.

You are correct and Brailsford is wrong (based on the two examples I found). Please see my earlier post where I quoted the priority order for Blackpool and Burton

It's a difficult one and impossible to make fair to everyone as we all have different circumstances. When I followed England you got two caps for an away game and one for a home game. It felt about right but I'm sure fans bought tickets for away games but never went, not sure how you stop that. Fans also buy tickets from touts for the big games. But generally I believe an away game should get more 'points' than a home game.

10 hours ago, CBRammette said:

I think allocating points to cup games would help with cup attendances at home but There isnt a system that would make everyone happy.  under the current system I really object to those with a large number of 21/22 attendances and so in first priority group buying tickets even if they cant go for their mates to keep their figures up or sharing a membership and so people in lower categories wanting to attend themselves never getting away tickets. But what can you do about that as other clubs wouldnt check IDs or anything.....
unless we each have a chip inserted under our skin and if a tracker shows you bought an away ticket but are in a different location, a dye explodes so you turn bright blue and are banned from all games forever ?

But we have great away support and hopefully we will move up for next year so the issue will fade a little

I wouldn't trust random strangers with my ID, the way some of those away fans behave. Could find myself banned for life! 

15 hours ago, CBRammette said:

It is  - is it the Tamar? I once went to visit a client who had a farm in both counties and as I hadnt been to Cornwall he drive us over his little stone bridge and back. Sorry not the most thrilling story!! 

I just did an audit of the most thrilling stories I've heard

Yours came in at number 4, so you're right, not the most thrilling, but not to be sniffed at.

And let's face it, nobody was ever going to beat the time my dad put the tea cosy on his head as a joke, or the one when my Gran's false teeth fell in her soup.

Happy days.

For those interested I have planned to take my dog for a walk as usual and hope to be in the Fortescue Hotel pub (Mutley Plain) around 6.30 pm on Tuesday night. This pub is my local and is only 20 odd minutes walk from my house, which is only 6 minutes walk from the stadium.  This pub would be a safer venue than the Britannia and Cherry Tree pubs that are closer to the ground which will be full of Argyle fans. See you there for a pre-match drink and chat if any of you are keen to do so. My 14 yr old dog is a cross Collie/Alsation called Poppy, I'll be the old grey haired guy drinking a real ale. If you leave the pub the same time as me, I will show you the quickest route to the ground. And yes I have my ticket for the match in the Barn Park away end.

7 hours ago, plymouthram said:

For those interested I have planned to take my dog for a walk as usual and hope to be in the Fortescue Hotel pub (Mutley Plain) around 6.30 pm on Tuesday night. This pub is my local and is only 20 odd minutes walk from my house, which is only 6 minutes walk from the stadium.  This pub would be a safer venue than the Britannia and Cherry Tree pubs that are closer to the ground which will be full of Argyle fans. See you there for a pre-match drink and chat if any of you are keen to do so. My 14 yr old dog is a cross Collie/Alsation called Poppy, I'll be the old grey haired guy drinking a real ale. If you leave the pub the same time as me, I will show you the quickest route to the ground. And yes I have my ticket for the match in the Barn Park away end.

I was going to park at the ground, as its a big car park and free, what time would you suggest i get there, as i believe argyle have sold all their tickets, so i expect it to be busy

8 hours ago, plymouthram said:

Has your dog got a ticket as well or will it be staying at the pub? ?

11 hours ago, BodminRam said:

I was going to park at the ground, as its a big car park and free, what time would you suggest i get there, as i believe argyle have sold all their tickets, so i expect it to be busy

I would suggest 6.30pm by the latest, there is 215 parking spaces and with the game finishing late evening more fans will most likely drive to get near the ground and park up. If the car park is full when you arrive, continue up Outland Road, turn right at the lights into Peverell Park Road. Drive upto to the first mini roundabout turn right into Barn Park Road. Go to the bottom of the road and take the left hand turn into the road that runs alongside the park. You should find a space there, no restrictions and you will be entering the park through the Barn Park entrance which is closer to the away end of the stadium.

10 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Has your dog got a ticket as well or will it be staying at the pub? ?

No, she enjoys the walk to the pub and when I leave the pub, I have to walk past my house on the way to the ground. I live 5 to 6 minutes walk from the stadium.

6 hours ago, plymouthram said:

I would suggest 6.30pm by the latest, there is 215 parking spaces and with the game finishing late evening more fans will most likely drive to get near the ground and park up. If the car park is full when you arrive, continue up Outland Road, turn right at the lights into Peverell Park Road. Drive upto to the first mini roundabout turn right into Barn Park Road. Go to the bottom of the road and take the left hand turn into the road that runs alongside the park. You should find a space there, no restrictions and you will be entering the park through the Barn Park entrance which is closer to the away end of the stadium.

Thanks very much for the info, cant wait, 

Morning Rams fans. Argyle fan in peace here. Regarding parking at Home Park, as someone has already advised, the car park outside the stadium fills very early (and quickly) so you’d need to be in and parked up at least 4 hours before ko - getting out after the game can take forever due to their being only a couple of exits. As another option, you could try street parking in or around nearby St Levan Road, about a 5 minute walk away from the stadium. I’d avoid Seagrave Road (which leads up to the car park) as the Traffic Stasi can be very active when there’s a game on. Anyway, safe journey down guys and enjoy your visit - you’ll find us a pretty decent bunch. Unfortunately, I can’t attend as I have to attend a birthday meal being given for me - as an ST holder this was one game I’d been looking forward to especially having been a Derby resident for several years in the late 80s (Uttoxeter Old Road). Good luck in the play-offs!

2 hours ago, Emeraldinho said:

Morning Rams fans. Argyle fan in peace here. Regarding parking at Home Park, as someone has already advised, the car park outside the stadium fills very early (and quickly) so you’d need to be in and parked up at least 4 hours before ko - getting out after the game can take forever due to their being only a couple of exits. As another option, you could try street parking in or around nearby St Levan Road, about a 5 minute walk away from the stadium. I’d avoid Seagrave Road (which leads up to the car park) as the Traffic Stasi can be very active when there’s a game on. Anyway, safe journey down guys and enjoy your visit - you’ll find us a pretty decent bunch. Unfortunately, I can’t attend as I have to attend a birthday meal being given for me - as an ST holder this was one game I’d been looking forward to especially having been a Derby resident for several years in the late 80s (Uttoxeter Old Road). Good luck in the play-offs!

Thanks for wishing us well in the play-offs. But what if we end up playing you at Wembley ? There is no worse feeling than finishing the third best team over the season and giving a soft winning goal away at Wembley. You would fill your end though.

25 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Thanks for wishing us well in the play-offs. But what if we end up playing you at Wembley ? There is no worse feeling than finishing the third best team over the season and giving a soft winning goal away at Wembley. You would fill your end though.

I don’t think you’d need luck if we met in the playoff final - I love em as a spectacle (as a neutral) but dread them should we end up in them ( which I don’t think we will, btw - our next two games against you and Barnsley will be pivotal in our auto aspirations and I’m quietly confident of 4 points at least from them). After our last disastrous PO Final v Wimbledon a few years back I wouldn’t be overly confident.

4 minutes ago, Emeraldinho said:

I don’t think you’d need luck if we met in the playoff final - I love em as a spectacle (as a neutral) but dread them should we end up in them ( which I don’t think we will, btw - our next two games against you and Barnsley will be pivotal in our auto aspirations and I’m quietly confident of 4 points at least from them). After our last disastrous PO Final v Wimbledon a few years back I wouldn’t be overly confident.

Don’t worry. We’ve had our own fair share of play off final disasters.