Plymouth Argyle Game

SK47

On 04/03/2023 at 00:00, plymouthram said:

For those interested I have planned to take my dog for a walk as usual and hope to be in the Fortescue Hotel pub (Mutley Plain) around 6.30 pm on Tuesday night. This pub is my local and is only 20 odd minutes walk from my house, which is only 6 minutes walk from the stadium.  This pub would be a safer venue than the Britannia and Cherry Tree pubs that are closer to the ground which will be full of Argyle fans. See you there for a pre-match drink and chat if any of you are keen to do so. My 14 yr old dog is a cross Collie/Alsation called Poppy, I'll be the old grey haired guy drinking a real ale. If you leave the pub the same time as me, I will show you the quickest route to the ground. And yes I have my ticket for the match in the Barn Park away end.

Was good to meet you @Plymouthram last night and @Rambling too.

Thanks for suggesting the pub.

COYR 

On 26/02/2023 at 21:28, plymouthram said:

With the match being only just over a week away, I thought I would do a run down on drinking holes near to the ground.

The nearest pub to the ground is The Britannia Inn, a mere 8 minute walk from Home Park Stadium. It's located at the end of Outland Road at a busy junction close to the City bus depot. It's a Wetherspoons pub open from 8 a.m. till midnight, on match days expect it to be busy.

The next nearest pub is the Cherry Tree, going the opposite direction along Outland Road (northeast) getting to a crossroads junction turn left at the lights into Ham Drive. Approx 15 mins walk from ground, this is a Craft Union run pub so drinks are cheap compared with other pub companies. Very sport orientated with lots of big TV's around the room. No food available, but there is a indian takeaway close by that also does traditional fish & chips. Pub does attract some dubious characters (you've been warned).

The best option is to get onto Mutley Plain, which is approx 30 minutes walk away from the ground. Its an easterly direction from the ground. Here there is 7 drinking holes and lots of takeaways on this stretch of road. At the South end is the Junction Pub (unfortunately closed on Tuesdays). On the opposite side of the road is the Dog & Duck, open at 10 a.m till 1 a.m (No real ale and a bit of a dive). Further up is the Fortescue Hotel, this place is a real ale pub (9 pumps and discount for Camra members). They don't do food, but are happy for you to walk in with your takeaway. Open at 12pm till 11pm on Tuesday's, this is my local, staff are wonderful here. Further up is another Wetherspoons pub called the Mannamead, open 8 a.m. till midnight also very good. Next a little further on the right is the Bulletproof Brewery Taphaus, it specializes in German craft lager (brewed by them) and sells pizza's. At the north end of Mutley plain in the middle of the road which is a big island junction sitting on it is the Hyde Park Inn, open 11 a.m. to 11p.m. The Food is very good here and its a quirky pub decorated through out with 1970's adverting signs on all the walls. Other food outlets on this 600 metre stretch is KFC, Pappa Johns, Pizza Hut, Starbucks, Domino's and just off Mutley Plain a fish & chip shop.

Good to meet you and S75 in the Fortesque last night, shame about the result UTR

Edited by Rambling