Plymouth Argyle Game

SK47

On 11/02/2023 at 12:21, R@M said:

My home game too…I have people in Derby with season tickets so hope to get one of those….and the possibility of a green prawn sandwich seat….

It will be difficult to get in the home end as they have sold out quite a few times already this season. 

I’ve got a season ticket and can’t get the away games at the moment as it doesn’t count until general sale as away membership is a higher priority 

6 hours ago, WestLondonRam said:

I’ve got a season ticket and can’t get the away games at the moment as it doesn’t count until general sale as away membership is a higher priority 

Well we pay the extra and think of this way brings in extra money for derby county.

19 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Well we pay the extra and think of this way brings in extra money for derby county.

Correct but after the 10 + games it should go to Season Ticket holders. How can a 30 quid Away membership with 5 Away games be a higher Priority than a Season Ticket?

I also had the Away Membership last year and brought it in Feb but it doesn't auto roll on. According to the Ticket office Away memberships from last year were managed by an outside company and now they are managed in house. 

Either way to have a Season ticket and not get a priority on Tickets is mad and doesn't happen at any other club in the country.  

Edited by WestLondonRam

5 hours ago, MadAmster said:

There was a question posted on FB yesterday asking about any Roadrider to Plymouth. The coordinator of the International Branch of the Supporters Club replied that there won't be one.

Well that sort of wrong on roadrider sort of thing.

Keep contacting skills and in numbers might just changed of mind.

6 hours ago, WestLondonRam said:

Correct but after the 10 + games it should go to Season Ticket holders. How can a 30 quid Away membership with 5 Away games be a higher Priority than a Season Ticket?

I also had the Away Membership last year and brought it in Feb but it doesn't auto roll on. According to the Ticket office Away memberships from last year were managed by an outside company and now they are managed in house. 

Either way to have a Season ticket and not get a priority on Tickets is mad and doesn't happen at any other club in the country.  

Well all can say is the amount games were you on que of tickets me and my dad managed 19 games last season just missed out on 20 plus by one game.

6 hours ago, MadAmster said:

There was a question posted on FB yesterday asking about any Roadrider to Plymouth. The coordinator of the International Branch of the Supporters Club replied that there won't be one.

Skills are taking bookings for Plymouth, leaving Pride park at 12.30 cost £50.

On 14/02/2023 at 08:55, WestLondonRam said:

Are you sure about that?

I chose one club (not quite at random but perhaps relatively local to you) - Chelsea.

They seem to run a loyalty scheme for away tickets based on how many away games you’re prepared to commit to. This is taken from their site:

All away match ticket applications are allocated on a loyalty basis to those that commit to travel to the most away matches throughout the season.

I didn’t look too deeply but I couldn’t see any mention of needing to be a season ticket holder.

This topic has been discussed a few times and I think we all agree that there is no scheme that would satisfy every one. However, as a ST (with away membership but in the 0-5 category at the moment. I’m hoping to move up a category next season provided I can get a ticket for Sheffield Wednesday) I think the current arrangement is probably about as fair as you can get. Our reward for having a ST is priority (and a small discount on match day tickets) for home games.

p.s. since posting the above original message, I looked at another club whom demand will always exceed supply - Leeds. They seem to operate to similar scheme to ours. Regarding ST holders, it just says they are able to purchase if tickets become available on a first come first served based and gives them the chance to build up their away attendance to enable them to access the away tracker system for future campaigns.

Edited by Tamworthram

7 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Are you sure about that?

I chose one club (not quite at random but perhaps relatively local to you) - Chelsea.

They seem to run a loyalty scheme for away tickets based on how many away games you’re prepared to commit to. This is taken from their site:

All away match ticket applications are allocated on a loyalty basis to those that commit to travel to the most away matches throughout the season.

I didn’t look too deeply but I couldn’t see any mention of needing to be a season ticket holder.

This topic has been discussed a few times and I think we all agree that there is no scheme that would satisfy every one. However, as a ST (with away membership but in the 0-5 category at the moment. I’m hoping to move up a category next season provided I can get a ticket for Sheffield Wednesday) I think the current arrangement is probably about as fair as you can get. Our reward for having a ST is priority (and a small discount on match day tickets) for home games.

p.s. since posting the above original message, I looked at another club whom demand will always exceed supply - Leeds. They seem to operate to similar scheme to ours. Regarding ST holders, it just says they are able to purchase if tickets become available on a first come first served based and gives them the chance to build up their away attendance to enable them to access the away tracker system for future campaigns.

I am reliabley informed that Liverpool do as well. 

On 14/02/2023 at 08:55, WestLondonRam said:

This is the first season that Derby County has not prioritised Season ticket holders (STH) over non-season ticket holders with an away membership. The STH has always been a precedent before. It seems it was an oversight when the plans for this season were hastily drawn up in the wake of the takeover and the introduction of Geek Tickets software. I raised the anomaly with the Supporters Liaison Officer (SLO) early in the season. I received a reply from the SLO in conjunction with the ticket office manager, promising to look at redressing the change in favour of the STH for next season. We will see what happens but a STH has always been a priority before this season. So it should be in my opinion but I expect non-season ticket holders may argue otherwise.

15 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Are you sure about that?

Yeah I totally agree but if you can’t get away games as it doesn’t make it to sale then your priority can never lift.

All I’m trying to say is that the STH should drop in at the 5-10 bracket. Any other season it has been a priority and now your bottom of the order at general sales it shouldn’t be that way. 

1 hour ago, WestLondonRam said:

Yeah I totally agree but if you can’t get away games as it doesn’t make it to sale then your priority can never lift.

All I’m trying to say is that the STH should drop in at the 5-10 bracket. Any other season it has been a priority and now your bottom of the order at general sales it shouldn’t be that way. 

I feel your pain and sympathise. I’m in exactly the same position - season ticket holder who only attends 4 or 5 away games a season. I also renewed my away membership last February and then again at the start of the season. An annoying extra expense but one I was prepared to make.

I would therefore benefit if ST holders had some priority but, as I said before, our benefits relate to home games so I’m not sure the current system should change at all. (Provided we still get priority for Wembley of course ?).

18 hours ago, SILVERFOXTHERAMSFAN said:

Not true. That was the plan for the original Saturday fixture. Neppy bus departs 06.30 and returns after the match.

Thanks for the info. I hadn't seen the change of plan.

With regard to ST holders and away games, I agree they should fall into priority scale somewhere. I would also, and I might just be being selfish here, plight for expats, especially those who pay the £200 a year for RamsTV, to be included in there somewhere, possibly along with either the 5+ or 5- group. Games anywhere, home or away are mighty expensive. Visits home tend to be around family/friend related happenings and not always "I want to do Port Vale away". It's more of "I'm home for a week on that date, what games are there? Anybody flying back last November (apart from the Cup replay which probably wasn't planned when they booked) didn't have a home game to go to.

I am aware that there may well be other groups wanting to get into the priority scale. If they have good reasoning, maybe they should also be included?

17 hours ago, Brailsford Ram said:

This is the first season that Derby County has not prioritised Season ticket holders (STH) over non-season ticket holders with an away membership. The STH has always been a precedent before. It seems it was an oversight when the plans for this season were hastily drawn up in the wake of the takeover and the introduction of Geek Tickets software. I raised the anomaly with the Supporters Liaison Officer (SLO) early in the season. I received a reply from the SLO in conjunction with the ticket office manager, promising to look at redressing the change in favour of the STH for next season. We will see what happens but a STH has always been a priority before this season. So it should be in my opinion but I expect non-season ticket holders may argue otherwise.

No mate

Away memberships been running for last 8 or 9 years now stop moaning there not going away if you pay extra and go to games pretty high on the list.