Plymouth Argyle Game

SK47

17 minutes ago, OssieEnd said:

Some great info here re Plymouth game ! 

I just looked on Google maps.. I had no idea Plymouth was so close to Cornwall . 

I take it geography was not your strongest subject ?

43 minutes ago, OssieEnd said:

Some great info here re Plymouth game ! 

I just looked on Google maps.. I had no idea Plymouth was so close to Cornwall . 

To be fair it’s right on the border, I think at the estuary in fact.

On 28/02/2023 at 23:04, Zag zig said:

@Jourdan or @plymouthram any hotels nearby you would recommend?

Hard to say. I don’t tend to stay in hotels. More of an Airbnb man myself.

I’ve stayed in two hotels in the area. One of them is Leonardo (formerly the Jury’s Inn) which is very central. It’s a short walk to Drake Circus, the Barbican and Sutton Harbour. A decent choice if you are looking for something relatively basic and relatively cheap and in a good location.

I’ve also stayed at Hotel Endsleigh. This is a country hotel in Milton Abbot near Tavistock and roughly 45 minutes from Plymouth. This is really nice if you want to make a proper getaway of it and have the big budget to match.

Sorry that I can’t add anything else.

On 15/02/2023 at 23:52, Brailsford Ram said:

This is the first season that Derby County has not prioritised Season ticket holders (STH) over non-season ticket holders with an away membership. The STH has always been a precedent before. It seems it was an oversight when the plans for this season were hastily drawn up in the wake of the takeover and the introduction of Geek Tickets software. I raised the anomaly with the Supporters Liaison Officer (SLO) early in the season. I received a reply from the SLO in conjunction with the ticket office manager, promising to look at redressing the change in favour of the STH for next season. We will see what happens but a STH has always been a priority before this season. So it should be in my opinion but I expect non-season ticket holders may argue otherwise.

This would pee me off, as I've gone to extreme lengths to get in the 10+ category for next season. If they disregard this it would be massive mis-selling. 

I would agree that STH should get priority after the membership windows run out, for the record I am a STH and an away member.   

17 minutes ago, sage said:

This would pee me off, as I've gone to extreme lengths to get in the 10+ category for next season. If they disregard this it would be massive mis-selling. 

I would agree that STH should get priority after the membership windows run out, for the record I am a STH and an away member.   

The fairest way of deciding on away priority would be to include all ticket purchases, both home and way from the previous season as the loyalty test. At present a non-STH supporter with away membership who attended 5 away games but no home games last season has priority over a STH with away membership who went to 4 away games last season (22 total games more than the first guy who didn't put a penny into Derby's income). That cannot be fair. This is not a hypothetical example - I know a father and his two sons who did not attend a home game last season but went to six away games and managed to get a ticket for Fleetwood when you didn't. That would not have happened in any previous season - you would have had priority over them.

10 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

The fairest way of deciding on away priority would be to include all ticket purchases, both home and way from the previous season as the loyalty test. At present a non-STH supporter with away membership who attended 5 away games but no home games last season has priority over a STH with away membership who went to 4 away games last season (22 total games more than the first guy who didn't put a penny into Derby's income). That cannot be fair. This is not a hypothetical example - I know a father and his two sons who did not attend a home game last season but went to six away games and managed to get a ticket for Fleetwood when you didn't. That would not have happened in any previous season - you would have had priority over them.

Maybe a points system, where STH get 10 points and you also get a point for every away game you went to the previous season. There is no easy answer. I just think you can't abandon the priority windows completely in one season. 

8 minutes ago, sage said:

Maybe a points system, where STH get 10 points and you also get a point for every away game you went to the previous season. There is no easy answer. I just think you can't abandon the priority windows completely in one season. 

No, under the old system you effectively got 23, not 10 points for your season ticket. A non-season ticket holder who does 10 away games could only match you if they bought a ticket for every home game.

Edited by Brailsford Ram

17 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Hell no

Keep as it is me and my dad been to every game so far and season ticket holders 19 last season every single game this season.

8 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Hell no

Keep as it is me and my dad been to every game so far and season ticket holders 19 last season every single game this season.

What I'm saying wouldn't affect you because you also have season tickets. Your priority would not be changed. So sitdarn!

Edited by Brailsford Ram

39 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Assuming the priority order for the Blackpool game was typical (I haven't searched through all of the archive news) then I think you'd be wrong. They must have away membership and would therefore still have priority over STH's (with or without away membership) that had attended only 4 away games.

The priority order for Blackpool was:

1) Away member (with sub categories based on the number of away games attended)

2) Season ticket holders (with sub categories based on the number of away games attended)

3) General sale

I would hazard a guess that, if demand is likely to continue to exceed supply, all that reintroducing the priority order seen for Blackpool is likely to do is increase the number of away membership sales.

In terms of "fairness", I guess some might argue that it's not just about "putting a penny into Derby's income" but also about travelling across the country to support the team. 

p.s. Since typing the above, I had a look at the priority order for our last away game at Burton (prior to this season) and it seems away members had priority over STH's then as well.

Edited by Tamworthram

1 hour ago, sage said:

Please see my other posts but, if they reintroduced the old system, your efforts to move up a category won't have been wasted. Away members still had priority over STH's.

8 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Please see my other posts but, if they reintroduced the old system, your efforts to move up a category won't have been wasted. Away members still had priority over STH's.

I was quoting Brailsford Ram, who wants to move to a points system where being a STH gives you 23 points.   

39 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

That effectively was what we had before this season.

Maybe my memories playing tricks on me, but that's not my recollection.

Away members first, split into categories based on away games attended so far, then ST holders, then general sale.

If you weren't a ST holder, you had to buy a home membership as well as an away membership, to get priority over ST holders without an away membership.

22 hours ago, Boycie said:

To be fair it’s right on the border, I think at the estuary in fact.

It is  - is it the Tamar? I once went to visit a client who had a farm in both counties and as I hadnt been to Cornwall he drive us over his little stone bridge and back. Sorry not the most thrilling story!! 

59 minutes ago, Rev said:

I've always thought this seems the fairest system I've seen implemented. 

https://www.swfc.co.uk/tickets/ticket-priority-points-faqs/

I think allocating points to cup games would help with cup attendances at home but There isnt a system that would make everyone happy.  under the current system I really object to those with a large number of 21/22 attendances and so in first priority group buying tickets even if they cant go for their mates to keep their figures up or sharing a membership and so people in lower categories wanting to attend themselves never getting away tickets. But what can you do about that as other clubs wouldnt check IDs or anything.....
unless we each have a chip inserted under our skin and if a tracker shows you bought an away ticket but are in a different location, a dye explodes so you turn bright blue and are banned from all games forever ?

But we have great away support and hopefully we will move up for next year so the issue will fade a little