The missing dog walker

Stive Pesley

53 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

Awful as it seems to say -I hope it's her and that the family can find some peace

Saw a clickbait headline this morning from one of the usual right-wing papers which seemed to see no irony in reporting Suella Braverman's comments about the press intrusion being an unwelcome distraction alongside them "revealing" Miss Bulley's last text messages in the same article. Absolute scum bags

Not sure this is a right wing left wing issue , just a sad case on a personal level and a poor reflection reflection on people’s thirst for news and the money to be earned from feeding that

23 minutes ago, sage said:

not that I am defending the recent police action, how much are the media, social media and the 'expert diver' to blame with the constant speculation. The police were getting dog's abuse before they made that contentious statement, constantly having to justify there theory against media 'experts'.

Trial by media. 

Agree - the police haven't exactly covered themselves in glory, but they should never have had to be forced into making a decision about whether to release the details of her alcohol/health issues because the gutter press were throwing money at her friends to get an exclusive scoop on the matter

At the risk of turning yet another thread political - let's not forget that there was an on-going inquiry (Leveson) into UK press standards, ethics and behaviour - in particular looking at the relationship between the press and the police, But of course the media giants turned the screws on our government and they miraculously  axed the whole thing. Utterly corrupt

5 minutes ago, Archied said:

Not sure this is a right wing left wing issue , just a sad case on a personal level and a poor reflection reflection on people’s thirst for news and the money to be earned from feeding that

That's a good point, but it's also a fair comment that the right-wing newspapers always seem to be the ones that love to engage in tittle-tattle gossip and stoking fear, hatred etc. That's nothing to do with their politics - just another facet to their scumbagginess

9 minutes ago, Boycie said:

That private dive searching Company will be a bit embarrassed won’t they? Didn’t they say that if she was in that river they’d have found her?

Yep, they wound everyone up, including the family. Had them believing all sorts and fuelled the speculation.  

Edited by sage

26 minutes ago, Boycie said:

That private dive searching Company will be a bit embarrassed won’t they? Didn’t they say that if she was in that river they’d have found her?

Yep they were very arrogant and very publicly loud , if anybody was to blame for putting pressure on the police to come out with this poor woman’s vulnerability s I would say it was them 

Such a horrible story that'll be made even worse by the sad sacks who started all the BS stories about her husband not even stopping to think of the pain they caused.

Nor will it make them think twice about speculating and spreading rumours next time. 

People can be sickening. 

21 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

Awful as it seems to say -I hope it's her and that the family can find some peace

Saw a clickbait headline this morning from one of the usual right-wing papers which seemed to see no irony in reporting Suella Braverman's comments about the press intrusion being an unwelcome distraction alongside them "revealing" Miss Bulley's last text messages in the same article. Absolute scum bags

20 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

That's a good point, but it's also a fair comment that the right-wing newspapers always seem to be the ones that love to engage in tittle-tattle gossip and stoking fear, hatred etc. That's nothing to do with their politics - just another facet to their scumbagginess

Oh come on they all do it, thats just your own bias at play.  I did a quick google search and numerous publications were all writing similar things.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nicola-bulleys-final-text-message-29248174

Anyway... assuming the body they have found it hers, I hope it provides some (sad) resolution for the family.  I also hope a thorough investigation opens into the way the police and media acted throughout.

20 hours ago, Boycie said:

I'm no under water search diver, But they claim that searching the reeds was not their remit, Pretty sure you'd search the reeds just in case ?

"In the statement, Mr Faulding said the body was found in the reeds at the side of the river "which was not part of our remit".

He added: "A riverbank and wade search would be the only way to search this area and we were not involved or tasked with that search"

https://news.sky.com/story/nicola-bulley-diving-expert-defends-teams-involvement-in-search-for-missing-mum-of-two-12815734 

2 minutes ago, The Last Post said:

I'm no under water search diver, But they claim that searching the reeds was not their remit, Pretty sure you'd search the reeds just in case ?

"In the statement, Mr Faulding said the body was found in the reeds at the side of the river "which was not part of our remit".

He added: "A riverbank and wade search would be the only way to search this area and we were not involved or tasked with that search"

https://news.sky.com/story/nicola-bulley-diving-expert-defends-teams-involvement-in-search-for-missing-mum-of-two-12815734 

The body hasn't been in that position for the last 2 weeks, It would have been found. The most likely explanation is her body was wedged under a boat or jetty and has come loose with the tidal shift. 

If the river was 2 foot deep as discussed I'm not sure why a sonar was needed.