West Ham (H) FACR4 Mon 30th Jan

5 minutes ago, vonwright said:

Games like this make you realise the gulf between being a (very) good League One team and being competitive at a higher level. We've not played particularly well but they have got a lot more quality in pretty much every position. 

It's going to be a long journey back. 

We knew that before the game. We just haven't played well enough or caused them enough problems. End of. 

4 minutes ago, vonwright said:

Games like this make you realise the gulf between being a (very) good League One team and being competitive at a higher level. We've not played particularly well but they have got a lot more quality in pretty much every position. 

It's going to be a long journey back. 

It's the difference between a team where each player is worth £10-£50m against a team where each player has come from our academy or a retirement home for a bag of dry roasted. 

Just now, Barney1991 said:

You’d think it was premier league gs non league tonight with knight being head and shoulders better than anyone in the derby team and dobbin has looked good since he’s come on 

Really?

We’ve not been that bad. We’re a small League 1 squad with either inexperience or 30+, put together for absolutely nothing.

Against a side where players on their bench earn more than our entire starting 11 combined. They may be underperforming this season, but they’re in the knockouts of a European competition.

We need to be realistic. It’s League 1 v Premier League and that’s probably indicated fairly on the pitch.

1 minute ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Could do with Dobbin calming down a bit. We don't want Dyche recalling him. He'd be difficult to replace at this late stage of the window. 

I doubt dyche is sitting at home thinking I need Dobbin back at Everton

Really fancied us tonight against a struggling Ammers who’ve left a few out. We seem strangely subdued… thought Warne would’ve had em right at it at least. Where is the high energy press? We just seem overawed… maybe expected far too much. As someone else says, puts into perspective the relative paucity of League One and what a long journey back it’s going to be, particularly with a transfer ban in place.

2 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Me too, I’m Warnes biggest fan but he’s got it wrong tonight 

Interesting to know what people think Warne should have done differently tonight? Or in his position what would you have done?

I think we’ll hear comments after the match about the occasion getting to the lads, just not being at our normal levels, West Ham’s extra quality being the difference…all of which seems fairly accurate from what I’ve seen.
I’m not too upset with losing an FA Cup tie to a premier league side, we can focus fully on the league now. What is concerning are the injuries to Bird and McGoldrick as we can’t spare them ?