West Ham (H) FACR4 Mon 30th Jan

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Collins has done absolutely nothing this game and very little since he stupidly got himself sent off. Press from the front? ?

Your opinion on how Martin can play is based on how he played for us. But anyway the point is really how awful Collins is.

Martin who ?

Thought we did OK, in fact with a bit more precision we could be in. Collins really needs to wear suction cups on his boots. Need to be tighter in midfield too but hey, Bowen is worth more than our club, our academy and all our players put together. Laughable really. 

Springett and Dobbin would be good to see

9 minutes ago, Tombo said:

If he could do that, it may go some way to solving one of his many problems.

If he could then work on his work rate, his pace, his discipline, his dribbling ability and his fitness then we might have a half decent player.

Unfortunately all of those attributes are below par for this league, even for a one-dimensional player such as him. He has scored quite an amazing amount of goals all things considered, despite himself, not because of his ability

As a battler who wins back possession 8/10

As a goal threat 3/10

I’ve never seen a striker take up such poor positions in the box. He’s behind two defenders every time. Quite why he thinks they will both miss the ball I have no idea. He needs to drop into space and gamble on the drag back. We’ve had some great balls in, especially from NML, but there’s not a Derby player within yards.

Interesting to hear Joe Cole’s take on that first half. I thought he summarised that really well, also wonder if that’s why Warne struggles at anything above League one level. 

To summarise cole - trying to play champagne football with a league one standard team against a grizzled premier league team, however bad they have been in the league and being picked off and punished.

he summed it up as “naive” 

WHU have the 1-0 lead, So quite happy to sit and hold...wait for us to lose the ball and attack...Soucek is a handful, Our danger going forward are our 2 wingers Barkhuizen and Mendes-Laing both getting in crosses but but we havn't the nouse to get space.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Collins has done absolutely nothing this game and very little since he stupidly got himself sent off. Press from the front? ?

Your opinion on how Martin can play is based on how he played for us. But anyway the point is really how awful Collins is.

“Awful” seems like a strong description of a player who like many others has contributed to our continued revival this season. I’ve had this debate with you before about other players, it’s clear we differ in our approach when it comes to observing the team so I know I won’t be able change your views.

My thoughts on tonight, Collins could have done better in keeping the ball, as could a couple of others in general play. NML not really been involved, the midfield not quite at it, the defence maybe should have done better with the goal….and yet it’s only 1-0 against a premier league side. We could get back into this with a bit more belief and composure. Subs could potentially change things in our favour. Though they do look capable of going up a level if needed, that extra speed of thought and execution has almost cost us. 

5 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Joe Cole absolutely rinsing us at half time

Saying we’re naive - we are giving the ball away too much in midfield. Haven’t got the time against PL opponents and once you’ve lost it you get punished 

Edited by Monty

So far West Ham just look like a team a couple of tiers above us. Nothing is sticking to Collins and currently we just lack a bit of imagination or quality in the final third. With the lack of pace in the backline Antonio and bowen look dangerous. But we're still in it at 1-0 down. If we use the flanks a bit more and get a bit of luck you never know!