New Chair and Vice Chair of RamsTrust

Day

I agree, don't care what they do as they represent such a tiny minority of fans. 

It annoys me they get behind this fan-led review which had 77000 replies, not all positive. Not 77000 from Derby, but the whole of the country. As a % of interested football fans that attend or view, that is very very small number. 

As a business you would not base your sales strategy around such a small cross section, many of whom will be members of a trust/FSA and in favour regardless. 

Hopefully it never comes in

This thread and the over-interpretations within it, whether they be for humour, conspiracy peddling or some other reason, are why it's so disheartening to try and do any good for anything in this world - from football clubs, to kids in war zones, to refugees, the environment, anything.

Sigh ?

All power to you @angieram and RamsTrust.

5 minutes ago, overlandandsea said:

I agree, don't care what they do as they represent such a tiny minority of fans. 

It annoys me they get behind this fan-led review which had 77000 replies, not all positive. Not 77000 from Derby, but the whole of the country. As a % of interested football fans that attend or view, that is very very small number. 

As a business you would not base your sales strategy around such a small cross section, many of whom will be members of a trust/FSA and in favour regardless. 

I’m not a member of the RT but a quick glance at your posting history and this is the only subject you seem to have posted on ? No football chat only RT any reason ?

I suppose the only answer if you don’t like what they do is set up your own organisation with like minded folk. 

1 hour ago, Betty Swollocks said:

Correct, it isn`t a guitar lesson, its a group who claim to have the best interests of DCFC at heart, which in itself is fine, and something that I`m sure 99%-100% of DCFC supporters want. However, it seems, that unless you agree completely with their mantra, and have a certain political viewpoint, you wont be welcome.

This surely is bordering on authoritarian and discriminatory?

Up to them obviously if they want to make it like that, but equally they cant complain when sections of supporters criticise?

Good point, a trust saying you don't have to join if you don't want to is pretty authoritarian. You keep free thinking brother ?

2 hours ago, overlandandsea said:

So is Jim no longer involved? Just a few weeks ago he was being introduced as RT chair at the We Are Derby launch event and made no attempt to correct it. Is this no longer a RT project? 

Jim Wheeler stood down as Chair at the September AGM as he has served his full term. Board members rotate to ensure there is always fresh input. 

While he was still Chair he helped write the We.Are.Derby bid. He is still a member of RamsTrust and very involved with this project on behalf of the group. He is also very active on our members list, and a member of our Fan Engagement Group. 

59 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I'd be slightly concerned if members' political persuasions was a discussion point at Rams Trust meetings. The idea that there's some left-wing conspiracy at the top sounds completely pie in the sky.

It not the discussions it’s the voting that’s the closed shop. Probably a bit similar to the way Putin get voted in to power.

1 hour ago, Betty Swollocks said:

So "anyone can join as long as they agree with the aims and objectives!!"

Basically no free thinkers or new ideas allowed. Its our way or the highway? Sounds fantastic!

Yes, RamsTrust's aims are the same as all Supporters' Trusts up and down the country. They are:

The Society’s objects are to benefit the community by:

4.1 being the democratic and representative voice of the supporters of the Club and strengthening the bonds between the Club and the communities which it serves;

4.2 achieving the greatest possible supporter and community influence in the running and ownership of the Club;

4.3 promoting responsible and constructive community engagement by present and future members of the communities served by the Club and encouraging the Club to do the same;

4.4 operating democratically, fairly, sustainably, transparently and with financial responsibility and encouraging the Club to do the same;

4.5 being a positive, inclusive and representative organisation, open and accessible to all supporters of the Club regardless of their age, income, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexuality or religious or moral belief

People who don't agree with these, don't have to join. It's a free society, it's a free choice. 

There are lots of other groups to join. Or you could form your own. Or maybe you're not a "joiner" - that's okay, too.

1 hour ago, Gritstone Ram said:

I must admit there does seem a lot of lefties at the top. May be it’s a bit of a conspiracy to keep the right wing of the supporters group out. 
At the end of the day we all support the same club.

People like these kind of things but I’m more of an Indian than a Chief. 

Gritstone, that's okay, I'm a bit of an Indian myself, but I do believe in the democratic process.

I think you know me well enough from posts on here, and I can't ever recall making a political comment (I used to hide a few, back when I was a moderator! ?)

Every public group has a constitution and set of rules, whether left or right wing.

But I can assure you that every member of RamsTrust has a vote at all General Meetings. Between those, the Board does of course run the Trust on behalf of its members. But we try to involve them, we do surveys, we have an active members message board and we always ask for questions from members to take to Supporters Charter Group. 

If you've got fifteen minutes, listen to our new Chair Hilary Leam's interview on Radio Derby tonight. About 6.10 p.m.

2 hours ago, overlandandsea said:

Who is the CEO of the Premier League these days? ?