New Chair and Vice Chair of RamsTrust

Day

8 minutes ago, overlandandsea said:

Who voted in this new election? 

How come someone is co-opted as second in command and not from the existing board? 

Is being a member of the Labour Party an un-written pre-requisite of joining RT, as they seem to be Labour councillors, Labour election candidates etc? 

It certainly seems to be doesn`t it?

I dare say that you would get the standard soundbyte reply of "All are welcome to apply to the board" but in reality as the history of RT suggests, unless your face fits and you vote a certain way, you don`t stand a chance.

Its a closed shop, or at least that`s how it seems. I`m sure that they preach diversity and agree with it, so why appoint people to the board with different politcal perspectives? After all, this should be about DCFC not politics?

1 minute ago, overlandandsea said:

How come someone is co-opted as second in command and not from the existing board? 

Is being a member of the Labour Party an un-written pre-requisite of joining RT, as they seem to be Labour councillors, Labour election candidates etc? 

RamsTrust members elect the Board, the Board then elects the officials. This is standard policy for all community benefit societies and charities. We are guided on this by the Football Supporters Association - FSA.

We chose Hilary as Chair as she was already vice-chair  - a unanimous choice. 

Unfortunately no one else on the Board could take on the role of vice-chair and we need one so we co-opted Jim Coyle back onto Board - he will have to stand for re-election at next AGM if he wants to continue. He has been on RamsTrust Board previously and has experience as vice-chair.

All DCFC supporters can join  RamsTrust, providing they agree with the aims and objectives - which are primarily around fan representation and good governance. For example  we are staunch supporters of implementing the changes outlined in the Fan-led review and are eagerly awaiting the publication of the Government White Paper with interest.

It's only £2 to join RamsTrust. We are very keen to get more supporters actively involved. You have to be a member for six months to vote in elections. As our next AGM is in  September now would be a good time to do that if you want to get involved - full details at https://ramstrust.org.uk/wp/

I can't really answer your question about the Labour Party as we are not a political organisation per se. It could be that as a co-operative (one member, one vote) and given our aims and objectives we attract people who have a tendency towards that viewpoint, but that is just speculation on my part. What I would say is that there is definitely NO requirement to be a member of any political party. 

We do have several business people on the current Board, I think we are working towards as broad a representation as possible,  really. 

10 minutes ago, Boycie said:

They aren’t forcing anyone to join.

If you don’t want guitar lessons then don’t have guitar lessons.

Correct, it isn`t a guitar lesson, its a group who claim to have the best interests of DCFC at heart, which in itself is fine, and something that I`m sure 99%-100% of DCFC supporters want. However, it seems, that unless you agree completely with their mantra, and have a certain political viewpoint, you wont be welcome.

This surely is bordering on authoritarian and discriminatory?

Up to them obviously if they want to make it like that, but equally they cant complain when sections of supporters criticise?

9 minutes ago, Betty Swollocks said:

Correct, it isn`t a guitar lesson, its a group who claim to have the best interests of DCFC at heart, which in itself is fine, and something that I`m sure 99%-100% of DCFC supporters want. However, it seems, that unless you agree completely with their mantra, and have a certain political viewpoint, you wont be welcome.

Up to them obviously if they want to make it like that, but equally they cant complain when sections of supporters criticise?

Angry James Corden GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

11 minutes ago, Betty Swollocks said:

Be like me, don’t care what they’re doing, it’s doesn’t effect me.

2 hours ago, overlandandsea said:

I must admit there does seem a lot of lefties at the top. May be it’s a bit of a conspiracy to keep the right wing of the supporters group out. 
At the end of the day we all support the same club.

People like these kind of things but I’m more of an Indian than a Chief.