New Chair and Vice Chair of RamsTrust

Day

On 26/01/2023 at 17:14, Betty Swollocks said:

Correct, it isn`t a guitar lesson, its a group who claim to have the best interests of DCFC at heart, which in itself is fine, and something that I`m sure 99%-100% of DCFC supporters want. However, it seems, that unless you agree completely with their mantra, and have a certain political viewpoint, you wont be welcome.

This surely is bordering on authoritarian and discriminatory?

Up to them obviously if they want to make it like that, but equally they cant complain when sections of supporters criticise?

Why don't you pay the princely sum of 2 quid to join then you can speak with authority on such matters. 

And feedback how your political views were oppressed, how you were positively discriminated against etc 

Looking forward to the updates. 

20 minutes ago, angieram said:

Reading that @angieram have there been many discussions in what could have been done differently regarding the eventual downfall of Mel?

I think most of us were taken in by him. Local businessman and supposed fan spending money on players seemed great on paper. It's hard to ask hard questions when things were going well after a long period of not much excitement.

It seems like the Lampard season was the dangerous big final gamble too far. But then, we still bought Bielik in, Rooney, Cocu etc after that.

Perhaps there wasn't much else anyone could of done ahead of time really. And we came pretty close at times for Mel's gambles to have paid off. Although, perhaps promotion could have landed us in an even bigger financial mess eventually.

More transparency of finances would obviously be a good thing to have. A Trust approved financial expert who was able to see the books could help understanding how sustainable we are. However, football clubs are always at the mercy of rich people suddenly walking away like Mel did.

I'd like to see future wages and transfer fees owed paid up front, ie money placed into an independently run account. Then the non-playing costs could be paid for by the running of the club, hopefully at a profit, which could be used for more players when needed. We could avoid needing large cash injections just to keep operating. If another Mel wants to give a player loads of cash, pay for it now, not gamble on a promotion to fund it!

15 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

This isn't meant as a disparaging remark, I genuinely dont know the answer, how long has Rams Trust been around and what are its main achievements?

No idea and no idea. I just know that Hilary will be brilliant at what she needs to be brilliant at, and wont try to be anything she's not supposed to be.

No disrespect to Jim??? whoever he was but Ramstrust have just lost Colin Addison and appointed Arthur Cox.

I've known Hilary a long time. I know whats she's about. If you're not a member then you should be.

She's Top dollar

On 26/01/2023 at 17:55, Reggie Greenwood said:

I’m not a member of the RT but a quick glance at your posting history and this is the only subject you seem to have posted on ? No football chat only RT any reason ?

I suppose the only answer if you don’t like what they do is set up your own organisation with like minded folk. 

But then, that organisation of like minded folk would exclude non like minded folk, the very thing that he is so upset about.

personally I wouldn’t want to join any organisation that would accept people like me as a member, but that’s just me. ?

23 hours ago, 68 Guns said:

No idea and no idea. I just know that Hilary will be brilliant at what she needs to be brilliant at, and wont try to be anything she's not supposed to be.

No disrespect to Jim??? whoever he was but Ramstrust have just lost Colin Addison and appointed Arthur Cox.

I've known Hilary a long time. I know whats she's about. If you're not a member then you should be.

She's Top dollar

Welcome to DCFC fans Hilary..