Tickets on phones? Print at home

ramjam1884

12 minutes ago, ramjam1884 said:

Just secured my tickets for the West Ham game to find only options are post or print at home. At the end of covid we had tickets on phones which was great progress. anyone know why that’s not now available again? 

Turnstile technology hasn’t caught up yet 

From the SCG meeting this month:

Are we bringing mobile tickets back?

We understand that some fans prefer the convenience of mobile tickets whereas others prefer a hard ticket or season card. However, currently, we do not have the necessary technology to offer both mobile and physical tickets simultaneously, but the club is evaluating the feasibility and potential benefits to find a balance between digital and traditional methods of ticketing.

https://ramstrust.org.uk/wp/supporters-charter-group-meeting-2/

53 minutes ago, ramjam1884 said:

Just secured my tickets for the West Ham game to find only options are post or print at home. At the end of covid we had tickets on phones which was great progress. anyone know why that’s not now available again? 

I recall it being a disaster, with lots of people not being able to get in.

35 minutes ago, David said:

From the SCG meeting this month:

Are we bringing mobile tickets back?

We understand that some fans prefer the convenience of mobile tickets whereas others prefer a hard ticket or season card. However, currently, we do not have the necessary technology to offer both mobile and physical tickets simultaneously, but the club is evaluating the feasibility and potential benefits to find a balance between digital and traditional methods of ticketing.

https://ramstrust.org.uk/wp/supporters-charter-group-meeting-2/

Arse to all of it.

Bring back pay on the gate, cash only, first come first served. 

When we've had print at home, I've always took a screenshot of the ticket direct from the email and used that at the turnstile, but always with the actual printed ticket as a back up. The only thing that I've been careful about, is to make sure that long and short sides of the screenshot match the long and short sides of the ticket AFTER it has been folded. This ensures that the QR code or bar code is presented the same as the printed ticket would be, because your phone will only fit into the scanner one way. 

58 minutes ago, ram59 said:

When we've had print at home, I've always took a screenshot of the ticket direct from the email and used that at the turnstile, but always with the actual printed ticket as a back up. The only thing that I've been careful about, is to make sure that long and short sides of the screenshot match the long and short sides of the ticket AFTER it has been folded. This ensures that the QR code or bar code is presented the same as the printed ticket would be, because your phone will only fit into the scanner one way. 

Origami anyone?