Tickets on phones? Print at home

ramjam1884

5 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

There are a lot easier unless scanner stops working then take tap it in manually. But football tickets are load of messing about just get tickets in your hand.

Bar codes/QR codes all rely on the scanner working, whether that code is on your mobile, on a printed A4 sheet, or on the back of a packet of Warburtons Crumpets.  They all need manual input if the scanner don't work.
Even a season ticket won't work if the scanner plays up!

I don't think anyone is suggesting we should have the mobile option only, and do away with the printed A4 sheet.  It would just be nice to have the choice of either.
A bit like you wanting the choice of card or cash at the kiosks.  The option for either would be best all round.

8 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

There are a lot easier unless scanner stops working then take tap it in manually. But football tickets are load of messing about just get tickets in your hand.

Do you get tickets for every home game mate or do you scan a season ticket?  
You know you have to scan paper tickets too right?

19 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Do you get tickets for every home game mate or do you scan a season ticket?  
You know you have to scan paper tickets too right?

Or perhaps go back to the old days of having to rip out the correct number in your season ticket to hand in at the turnstile. 

Having it digital also dramatically helps for health and safety. Allows the attendance to be near instantly calculated, not manually counting stubs. Tends to be quicker through the turnstiles so alleviates the queues quicker. They'll have stats on time between scans, the types of tickets used, so for example if one turnstile is much slower than the others with a higher number of senior tickets, they can place a steward there to help. 

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

I would rather keep card tickets loads easier than try do it by phone just keep it as it is.

You do realise you have to scan the season ticket cards, just like you'd need to scan a mobile, "print off at home" or physical ticket? It's literally all the same just another way for people who might prefer that. I don't have a home printer, the post is hit or miss these days with the strikes, a mobile ticket would solve any worries of tickets not arriving in time for games.

Like already has been mention, you can pay cash, card, contactless on card, contactless on phones/watches etc. Another example, lets say you want some chips, you could buy a potato and chip them yourself, buy fresh chipped potatoes or buy frozen chips. It's just another way at the same thing.

17 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Do you release by stopping printing tickets your helping closing firms that print tickets for clubs by closing down printing business down.

But I'm saving my own money on not having to pay postage. I'm not a charity for printing firms. Charity begins at home where I'll carry on printing B4 ?

On 22/01/2023 at 00:48, B4ev6is said:

We still print normal tickets of machines or at our elite desk.

28 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Do you release by stopping printing tickets your helping closing firms that print tickets for clubs by closing down printing business down.

Derby print their own tickets, season cards included. This was shown this season by the card printer breaking down for months and the club having to send printed match by match tickets instead. Or when you go to the ticket office to buy a ticket, they'll print it off right in front of you.

To gain and retain a customer, a business has to be as accessible as possible. By limiting the way of buying the primary product, a match ticket, this is suicide for the company. Imagine a supermarket only accepting cash competing against those that accept any payment method, they'd lose out on so many customers. For one, I never carry cash anymore, I pay contactless on my phone. If I can't, the shop has lost my business as I literally can't pay any other way.

13 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

Derby print their own tickets, season cards included. This was shown this season by the card printer breaking down for months and the club having to send printed match by match tickets instead. Or when you go to the ticket office to buy a ticket, they'll print it off right in front of you.

To gain and retain a customer, a business has to be as accessible as possible. By limiting the way of buying the primary product, a match ticket, this is suicide for the company. Imagine a supermarket only accepting cash competing against those that accept any payment method, they'd lose out on so many customers. For one, I never carry cash anymore, I pay contactless on my phone. If I can't, the shop has lost my business as I literally can't pay any other way.

I will that way it should be cash and card and been proven more people paying by cash than card now.

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

I will that way it should be cash and card and been proven more people paying by cash than card now.

Please show your proof as that is absolutely false information.

Cash payments are 15% of all transactions, with card payments being 48% of all transactions. From that 48%, 58% are made via contactless methods. Therefore, nearly 28% of all transactions are contactless. Whether it's all card payments or just contactless, this is much higher than cash payments. By 2031, cash transactions is expected to be 6%. Within 20 years, I can see cash being obsolete.

https://www.ukfinance.org.uk/news-and-insight/press-release/contactless-makes-third-all-payments-while-cash-use-falls-again-in

image.png.f3848f1a7cc0989ebb50cfd808232cf1.png

2 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

I know you’re resistant to change B4, but this is cobblers. 

As technology advances and people get older that have used mobile phones most of their life, paper tickets will be a thing of the past be it at football grounds, cinemas, festivals, airports, you name it.

Tickets even print at home are a waste of paper, as are plastic season ticket cards. Not even allowed a plastic straw now in McDonald’s so it’s only a matter of time.

Sometimes change isn’t a bad thing, you just need to be a little more open to it and willing to try something new, otherwise you will be left behind.

3 minutes ago, David said:

I know you’re resistant to change B4, but this is cobblers. 

As technology advances and people get older that have used mobile phones most of their life, paper tickets will be a thing of the past be it at football grounds, cinemas, festivals, airports, you name it.

Tickets even print at home are a waste of paper, as are plastic season ticket cards. Not even allowed a plastic straw now in McDonald’s so it’s only a matter of time.

Sometimes change isn’t a bad thing, you just need to be a little more open to it and willing to try something new, otherwise you will be left behind.

Good luck.

1 minute ago, Boycie said:

Good luck.

You can only try.

My nephew also has autism and completely resistant to change. He has to know exactly what is happening the next day, if you throw any curveballs in there like an unscheduled shower, it does not go down well at all shall we say. 

That’s not to say we stop trying with him, trying to explain why things sometimes may have to change.

So yeah, not here to take the piss at all, just hoping that one day these words may encourage willingness to be open to change as it will happen.

4 minutes ago, David said:

You can only try.

My nephew also has autism and completely resistant to change. He has to know exactly what is happening the next day, if you throw any curveballs in there like an unscheduled shower, it does not go down well at all shall we say. 

That’s not to say we stop trying with him, trying to explain why things sometimes may have to change.

So yeah, not here to take the piss at all, just hoping that one day these words may encourage willingness to be open to change as it will happen.

We’ve raised two kids with exactly the same, and letting them stick religiously to routines or beliefs that are irrational doesn’t help in later life.

Words of advice doesn’t always get listened too, but I do think some are stored away for later use.

21 hours ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

Please show your proof as that is absolutely false information.

Cash payments are 15% of all transactions, with card payments being 48% of all transactions. From that 48%, 58% are made via contactless methods. Therefore, nearly 28% of all transactions are contactless. Whether it's all card payments or just contactless, this is much higher than cash payments. By 2031, cash transactions is expected to be 6%. Within 20 years, I can see cash being obsolete.

https://www.ukfinance.org.uk/news-and-insight/press-release/contactless-makes-third-all-payments-while-cash-use-falls-again-in

image.png.f3848f1a7cc0989ebb50cfd808232cf1.png

Heard on the news mate that people like using cash  now.

21 hours ago, Boycie said:

We’ve raised two kids with exactly the same, and letting them stick religiously to routines or beliefs that are irrational doesn’t help in later life.

Words of advice doesn’t always get listened too, but I do think some are stored away for later use.

I get that david when had something from work but because I not been there I dont know what is going off anymore.