09/01/23 | Supporters Charter Meeting

Day

3 hours ago, angieram said:

Can you put the Spirit in the Sky ones on here, please? I know it's something about Clough and McKay, but can't catch all the words! 

I go to every away match and still can't make them out. ?

As for being exclusive, yet another away match has reached general sale this week so we aren't so exclusive.

I loved West Stand last season but so far this season it's been a morgue (cue puns about demographics!) 

Atmosphere was great against Barnsley in a much smaller crowd - strange, isn't it?

I cant get hang of spirt in the sky one

4 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

So expect to freeze to death while working I remember before they were installed east stand you could see own breath and poor people working used to be shaking with the cold.

To be fair, you will find many jobs that work in cold environments, dress appropriately for the conditions.

Heated concourses is somewhat of a luxury, how many grounds have you seen it on your travels?

In a world where energy prices hand gone through the roof, makes sense not to waste money on heating a concrete corridor where the heat escapes out through the exits.

6 hours ago, Srg said:

You've mostly answered your own question really.

People turn up to these games against much smaller clubs just expecting to win, and until that starts happening it's quiet or there's even mumblings of discontent if the performance is that poor. Add to that some small away followings, and even the cold weather (gloves don't make much noise!) and it doesn't help.

That said, I found the atmosphere against Sheff Weds to be bad too, from them included. Game wasn't too exciting but doesn't usually matter against them.

Some will point to more inclusive chants, but frankly, they've existed for forever and they still do now and they don't get joined in with either so it's a pretty poor excuse. Don't personally feel it takes a lot to at least clap along with whatever the tune is, but clearly too many would rather not for whatever reason. 

I think the goal music needs to go, recently it's been the same one that Leicester use and it sounds ridiculous in all honesty especially when we are going 4-0 up against forest green and Accrington Stanley. Not sure the drum is helping things either. The club have said that ideally the atmosphere needs to be generated organically.

If people don't want to sing they don't have to, some people just want to sit and watch the football. That's fine. But for the amount of fans that we have there must be more that we can do. I remember Lampard practically having to beg for us to make more atmosphere at home games. I don't know what the answer is. I guess this is what Club 84 are trying to do.

Edited by Rammy03

13 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I think the goal music needs to go, recently it's been the same one that Leicester use and it sounds ridiculous in all honesty especially when we are going 4-0 up against forest green and Accrington Stanley. Not sure the drum is helping things either. The club have said that ideally the atmosphere needs to be generated organically.

If people don't want to sing they don't have to, some people just want to sit and watch the football. That's fine. But for the amount of fans that we have there must be more that we can do. I remember Lampard practically having to beg for us to make more atmosphere at home games. I don't know what the answer is. I guess this is what Club 84 are trying to do.

Have no issue with a drum. I go to a fair amount of football abroad and they have one, if not more than one, at every ground and their atmosphere is infinitely better than over here. Goal music I do tend to agree on, at least vary it a little bit if you're going to do it.

1 hour ago, David said:

To be fair, there many jobs that work in cold environments, dress appropriately for the conditions.

Heated concourses is somewhat of a luxury, how many grounds have you seen it on your travels?

In a world where energy prices hand gone through the roof, makes sense not to waste money on heating a concrete corridor where the heat escapes out through the exits.

They used dress for but still freezing so for me they can remain during warmer months they are off as they are not needed.

Seems like I might be in the minority but I’ve not particularly noticed ‘a flat’ atmosphere… or maybe it has been and I just don’t particularly care ?‍♂️.

The ‘atmosphere’ seems to be one of those things a lot of fans get quite anxious about, but not sure why really.  Yes, it can affect the enjoyment of the spectacle but, for me, only in a positive way (ie a great atmosphere makes it better but when it’s quieter it doesn’t really spoil it for me).  In that regard though, a forced or artificially generated ‘atmosphere’ is likely to be an annoyance that might well detract from the game for me.  

I agree with the club; it needs to be natural and organic. Sometimes it will be buzzing and sometimes it won’t. All depends on the importance of the game, the opposition, how well we’re playing, whether there’s any beef with opposition managers, players. EFL, refs etc etc.  It is what it is. 

The good thing though, is that discussions about atmosphere, catering, heating in the concourses, water temp, Ian Botham, etc are only likely to come up when we’re playing OK, otherwise it’s all about sacking the manager and the board, so it has to be looked on as a positive really! 

Edited by LazloW

14 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Seems like I might be in the minority but I’ve not particularly noticed ‘a flat’ atmosphere… or maybe it has been and I just don’t particularly care ?‍♂️.

The ‘atmosphere’ seems to be one of those things a lot of fans get quite anxious about, but not sure why really.  Yes, it can affect the enjoyment of the spectacle but, for me, only in a positive way (ie a great atmosphere makes it better but when it’s quieter it doesn’t really spoil it for me).  In that regard though, a forced or artificially generated ‘atmosphere’ is likely to be an annoyance that might well detract from the game for me.  

I agree with the club; it needs to be natural and organic. Sometimes it will be buzzing and sometimes it won’t. All depends on the importance of the game, the opposition, how well we’re playing, whether there’s any beef with opposition managers, players. EFL, refs etc etc.  It is what it is. 

The good thing though, is that discussions about atmosphere, catering, heating in the concourses, water temp, Ian Botham, etc are only likely to come up when we’re playing OK, otherwise it’s all about sacking the manager and the board, so it has to be looked on as a positive really! 

I liked a lot of noise and chants but of late dead quite at pp.

But to many patients tell kids off for making noise in which puts them off.

2 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

So expect to freeze to death while working I remember before they were installed east stand you could see own breath and poor people working used to be shaking with the cold.

So selfish, you want the club to have a massive gas bill so you can be warm for 15 mins before going back outside to stand for another 45 mins?

Youll want a heated seat next.

wrap up warm lad.

8 minutes ago, Boycie said:

So selfish, you want the club to have a massive gas bill so you can be warm for 15 mins before going back outside to stand for another 45 mins?

Youll want a heated seat next.

wrap up warm lad.

Look staff who work in there most likely  been there hours before we get there.

2 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Look staff who work in there most likely  been there hours before we get there.

In the kitchens you mean? The hot kitchens?

As for the stewards, they have big coats on.

Warming your head at half time isn’t important mate.

7 minutes ago, Boycie said:

In the kitchens you mean? The hot kitchens?

As for the stewards, they have big coats on.

Warming your head at half time isn’t important mate.

It is important for concourse that staff who serve your food and drink they need heating on.

Over the past few days, those who shall remain nameless have been bombarded with pointy fingers and raised eyebrows for taking a flight from EMA to Blackpool Away.
Also, there are a number of companies who have lost varying amounts of income, solely due to Derby County FC "not being able to afford to pay their bills".

Now, imagine the anger and accusations that would be aimed at Derby County FC, if they now decide to switch on the extremely expensive heating, to heat a non-insulated semi-outdoor structure, in order to satisfy a few selfish individuals who are (or ought to be) otherwise dressed for cold, outdoor temperatures.

When you've imagined that... have a cup of Bovril, then imagine some more, as it'll be much worse than you first imagined!  ?

53 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

It is important for concourse that staff who serve your food and drink they need heating on.

They’re warm enough working in the “hot” kitchens.  The area they work in is hot from the hot plates and hot fat fryers though?

They’re warm enough already.

Are you just going to tell me again that they need to be warm when they are already warm from the warm area that they get warm from working in?

mind you, I’m warming to the idea that they might not be warm enough. 

19 hours ago, LazloW said:

Some of those questions and points made are, as the kids say, a bit cringe (Botham, pre-match music, water temp… all massive priorities ?). However, some useful information amongst the dross and petty points.  

Get off the fence @LazloW and tell it like it is ?

18 hours ago, Srg said:

Seems like this sorta thing could be made easily into content for RamsTV. Yes, there’d probably be accusations of cherry picking questions but the ability to send in direct questions and some of them get answered would be good. 

That's a great idea @Srg - a Fans Q & A whereby questions can be e-mailed in and @Owen87ITK and Sir David Clowes* could do a "live online Fans Forum"; other Clubs now using this medium and makes logistical sense. 

* I have awarded Sir David Clowes an Honorary Knighthood as well as the Freedom of my backyard should he ever be in the vicinity of my house and wish to have a stroll about. He could also help himself to my beer and cognac selection whilst here. 

19 minutes ago, Boycie said:

They’re warm enough working in the “hot” kitchens.  The area they work in is hot from the hot plates and hot fat fryers though?

They’re warm enough already.

Are you just going to tell me again that they need to be warm when they are already warm from the warm area that they get warm from working in?

mind you, I’m warming to the idea that they might not be warm enough. 

How do you know

Are the one standing behind them no

2 hours ago, Srg said:

Have no issue with a drum. I go to a fair amount of football abroad and they have one, if not more than one, at every ground and their atmosphere is infinitely better than over here. Goal music I do tend to agree on, at least vary it a little bit if you're going to do it.

The guy is hardly what you'd call a drummer. Thump, thump thump does not a tune make. Bloody awful imho, but I'm only watching from afar.