09/01/23 | Supporters Charter Meeting

Day

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Some good stuff here. My comments would be:

I'd love someone to have asked what proportion of Bielik's wages is being paid by Birmingham, given they've said he's not coming back. 

I don't understand the point about not being allowed to pay transfer fees being irrelevant because of our wage cap.

Presumably "a loan with wage recovery" means paying some or all of the loan player's wages?

Why do we want heaters under the turnstiles?

Well for one mate the staff and fans use them they need by kepted warm too dont be selfish.

26 minutes ago, angieram said:

Carl, we do collectively press the Club for as much detail as we can get but I am sure you are aware there is only so much they are going to disclose.

I couldn't care about heated concourses, either. Pride Park is luxurious compared to some of the grounds we have visited this season! Don't know who asked the question, it wasn't on our list.

Thanks - I wouldn't expect them to answer the Bielik question but I'd like it minuted that it was asked. And you never know...

And, oh, "on the concourse" rather than "under the turnstiles"? But yeah - surely we're not all nesh, especially when people say they want to save the club money!

6 minutes ago, angieram said:

And a good question it was, too.

It's amazing, over 20,000 and half season tickets on top of that. It's something we can really be proud of.

Hey angie any news on food front

I know Burges are back in the east stand but barnsley in the cup games they were not available but also why season tickets could not have there own seats.

The question about atmosphere is an interesting one. It has been flat in recent weeks, very quiet. But the question is why? We are very well supported home and away but there are long periods of almost silence in the ground. We are playing well also so you would have thought we could make a bit more noise. Or is that most people just expect us to be rolling these teams over. It's a shame because when Pride Park is rocking it is some place to watch football.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

And a good question it was, too.

It's amazing, over 20,000 and half season tickets on top of that. It's something we can really be proud of.

Would it be possible in future to inform the forum of the dates of upcoming meetings, with a reminder link to where to submit questions like David put together.

Like many others I'm sure, I generally get Derby news from this forum, so have no idea when these events are happening. As others suggest, it appears to be limited to an exclusive crew. 

7 hours ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

Would it be possible in future to inform the forum of the dates of upcoming meetings, with a reminder link to where to submit questions like David put together.

Like many others I'm sure, I generally get Derby news from this forum, so have no idea when these events are happening. As others suggest, it appears to be limited to an exclusive crew. 

There are a list of member groups in the minutes and as David says you can join any one of those so that you may feed into the process - he has supplied the links above.

I don't know how the other groups consult their members - I imagine it varies - but RT does try to send out the date and ask for  questions from its members if there is time.  

If you're not a "joiner" (and many aren't!) then hopefully you'll be able to attend a fans forum in future and ask questions directly.

David decided that he did not want to continue as a member of the SCG at a time when Mel Morris was setting and controlling the information flow. Things are very different now.

8 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

The question about atmosphere is an interesting one. It has been flat in recent weeks, very quiet. But the question is why? We are very well supported home and away but there are long periods of almost silence in the ground. We are playing well also so you would have thought we could make a bit more noise. Or is that most people just expect us to be rolling these teams over. It's a shame because when Pride Park is rocking it is some place to watch football.

You've mostly answered your own question really.

People turn up to these games against much smaller clubs just expecting to win, and until that starts happening it's quiet or there's even mumblings of discontent if the performance is that poor. Add to that some small away followings, and even the cold weather (gloves don't make much noise!) and it doesn't help.

That said, I found the atmosphere against Sheff Weds to be bad too, from them included. Game wasn't too exciting but doesn't usually matter against them.

Some will point to more inclusive chants, but frankly, they've existed for forever and they still do now and they don't get joined in with either so it's a pretty poor excuse. Don't personally feel it takes a lot to at least clap along with whatever the tune is, but clearly too many would rather not for whatever reason. 

26 minutes ago, Srg said:

You've mostly answered your own question really.

People turn up to these games against much smaller clubs just expecting to win, and until that starts happening it's quiet or there's even mumblings of discontent if the performance is that poor. Add to that some small away followings, and even the cold weather (gloves don't make much noise!) and it doesn't help.

That said, I found the atmosphere against Sheff Weds to be bad too, from them included. Game wasn't too exciting but doesn't usually matter against them.

Some will point to more inclusive chants, but frankly, they've existed for forever and they still do now and they don't get joined in with either so it's a pretty poor excuse. Don't personally feel it takes a lot to at least clap along with whatever the tune is, but clearly too many would rather not for whatever reason. 

What person who has supported Derby for more than 5 minutes expects us to just turn up and win against smaller clubs!? Would say opposite.

I think atmosphere as good as it has been at PP over the years but last couple of seasons have been amazing in that fight against adversity. Perhaps always was going to tail off ?‍♀️.
Its the new songs that dont seem to be picked up - could it be the away ticketing policy means same relatively small group of fans know the new songs and so dont spread? In south west upper you cant make out words to new ones so no chance for those nearer north! My son found spirit in sky words on twitter which we had been trying to hear and failed.
many kids near us (supporters meeting minutes mention % younger fans having season tickets) and so the more fruity ones wont take off as much unless there's good word replacement and thats not me being prudish as I'm not all. Surely songs can be fun without the f word?

19 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

What person who has supported Derby for more than 5 minutes expects us to just turn up and win against smaller clubs!? Would say opposite.

I think atmosphere as good as it has been at PP over the years but last couple of seasons have been amazing in that fight against adversity. Perhaps always was going to tail off ?‍♀️.
Its the new songs that dont seem to be picked up - could it be the away ticketing policy means same relatively small group of fans know the new songs and so dont spread? In south west upper you cant make out words to new ones so no chance for those nearer north! My son found spirit in sky words on twitter which we had been trying to hear and failed.
many kids near us (supporters meeting minutes mention % younger fans having season tickets) and so the more fruity ones wont take off as much unless there's good word replacement and thats not me being prudish as I'm not all. Surely songs can be fun without the f word?

Can you put the Spirit in the Sky ones on here, please? I know it's something about Clough and McKay, but can't catch all the words! 

I go to every away match and still can't make them out. ?

As for being exclusive, yet another away match has reached general sale this week so we aren't so exclusive.

I loved West Stand last season but so far this season it's been a morgue (cue puns about demographics!) 

Atmosphere was great against Barnsley in a much smaller crowd - strange, isn't it?

54 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Nothing to do with the ticketing policy, the singing block has only just sold out this morning, nine days after tickets first went on sale.

35 minutes ago, angieram said:

Can you put the Spirit in the Sky ones on here, please? I know it's something about Clough and McKay, but can't catch all the words! 

I go to every away match and still can't make them out. ?

As for being exclusive, yet another away match has reached general sale this week so we aren't so exclusive.

I loved West Stand last season but so far this season it's been a morgue (cue puns about demographics!) 

Atmosphere was great against Barnsley in a much smaller crowd - strange, isn't it?

It goes something like:

Going up to the spirit in the sky

Gonna see Clough &  Dave Mackay

Gonna reminice and have some fun

About the 2 league titles that we won

(and repeat...)

1 hour ago, Mihangel said:

Slightly odd set of questions but probably a reflection that we're in a relatively good spice right now. From 'under turnstile heating' to 'KPIs' and Ian Botham (WTF?). The KPI being my favourite, it was like someone has found out what a KPI is and decided to ask about it....

Which one? Baby?

17 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Nothing to do with the ticketing policy, the singing block has only just sold out this morning, nine days after tickets first went on sale.

Sorry perhaps didnt explain well - meant there is perhaps a much smaller group of people going to away matches where easier to pick up new songs due to limited numbers in smaller grounds.