09/01/23 | Supporters Charter Meeting

Day

Thank you for sharing @David, biggest take aways for me are the business plan sounds like it’s set for this season so we know we won’t be spending on any fees regardless of the additional income that’s been highlighted (season tickets and cup revenue).

Sounds like Bielik is staying at Birmingham for the season and we do still owe money as per the payment structure agreed when the transfer first took place. 
It’s reassuring how far we are from the trauma of administration based on some of the other (what I deem to be) trivial questions posed in there, what a relief! ? 

Some good stuff here. My comments would be:

I'd love someone to have asked what proportion of Bielik's wages is being paid by Birmingham, given they've said he's not coming back. 

I don't understand the point about not being allowed to pay transfer fees being irrelevant because of our wage cap.

Presumably "a loan with wage recovery" means paying some or all of the loan player's wages?

Why do we want heaters under the turnstiles?

11 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I'd love someone to have asked what proportion of Bielik's wages is being paid by Birmingham, given they've said he's not coming back. 

I don't understand the point about not being allowed to pay transfer fees being irrelevant because of our wage cap.

Presumably "a loan with wage recovery" means paying some or all of the loan player's wages?

Heaters on the concourse overheard. They used to be a thing. 

3 minutes ago, David said:

Where has this even come from? First I've seen it mentioned.

Wish I knew. Some of the questions on there were very left field. Not things I’ve seen mentioned anywhere online or even in person at games. Suppose that’s what you get with niche groups invited.

33 minutes ago, LazloW said:

Some of those questions and points made are, as the kids say, a bit cringe (Botham, pre-match music, water temp… all massive priorities ?). However, some useful information amongst the dross and petty points.  

Some questions were definitely cringe and not what people are thinking. I've never seen anything about Botham on here, probably something off one of the naff Facebook pages or random Twitter pages. 

The water temperature is a issue, from my experience the gents never have luke warm water, let alone hot/boiling. My missus came a few weeks ago and complained to me about nearly scalding her hands. I couldn't believe it. 

Just now, Srg said:

Wish I knew. Some of the questions on there were very left field. Not things I’ve seen mentioned anywhere online or even in person at games. Suppose that’s what you get with niche groups invited.

@David 100% this. If you have any links still with the club through the forum, can you reintroduce the questions thread for these meetings what are all voted on. It's great to see Mr Clowes and the club to take the time to answer questions but this seems like a waste of time with non questions like Botham which nobody knows about. 

9 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

@David 100% this. If you have any links still with the club through the forum, can you reintroduce the questions thread for these meetings what are all voted on. It's great to see Mr Clowes and the club to take the time to answer questions but this seems like a waste of time with non questions like Botham which nobody knows about. 

I removed this forum from the SCG so no longer have any access to these meetings or have the ability to put questions forward.

All questions need to be sent through the supporters groups which are active in the SCG.

Official Supporters Club
http://www.ramsfans.co.uk

Punjabi Rams
https://www.punjabirams.co.uk

RamsTrust
https://ramstrust.org.uk/wp/

BAWT
https://www.dcfcbawt.org

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

Bit poor that not one representative of RamsTrust could attend. What’s the goss @angieram?

Our rep was taken ill at the last minute , too late for anyone else to get down to Pride Park to cover. Each group is only allowed one rep now, we previously used to send two.

Quite a few of the questions listed (but not all) were submitted by RT members after we emailed them last week and sent to the club prior to the meeting and these were all answered in the meeting and covered in the notes.

I submitted the question about possible changes to the business plan based on the extensive discussion on the transfer thread here so hope that helps answer that query for those debating it.

All groups trying to work together to represent as many fans' views as possible. B&WT produced notes this time  - very quickly -  and these were agreed by all groups before we each sent out to our "audiences".

The Club is taking liaison very seriously as you can see from the level of representation from them at the meeting. 

I think it's great news that the fan forums will be reinstated eventually, as hopefully will be a form of away travel soon. 

We are all trying to listen to fans' concerns and obviously there will always be some niche questions as well as the broader ones. 

1 minute ago, angieram said:

I hadn't heard of this either but it was reported on BBC4 (not something I ever listen to!) 

Rogue one that is, just been searching through Google News and Twitter, absolutely nothing comes up, not even a hint. Possible case of mishearing something maybe? 

Ian Botham himself did present a show on BBC4 on Boxing Day, not sure I really want to sit through it all for any mention when the idea has been dismissed by the club anyway. Link is below if anyone is that bored and fancies taking it on…

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001ghy1

41 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Carl, we do collectively press the Club for as much detail as we can get but I am sure you are aware there is only so much they are going to disclose.

I couldn't care about heated concourses, either. Pride Park is luxurious compared to some of the grounds we have visited this season! Don't know who asked the question, it wasn't on our list.

3 minutes ago, Srg said:

Seems like this sorta thing could be made easily into content for RamsTV. Yes, there’d probably be accusations of cherry picking questions but the ability to send in direct questions and some of them get answered would be good. 

That's hopefully what the fans' forums will be for. I think in the past they were filmed so may well be again. 

RT didn't do any selection on this occasion - we just sent in all the questions we were asked within the brief timescale we had.

I used to love it when @David did the questions thread on here and we all got the chance to vote on them but it became a thankless task, as I'm sure he would agree.