09/01/23 | Supporters Charter Meeting

Day

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

How do you know

Are the one standing behind them no

Working in any kitchen environment is always hot and sweaty due to the reasons @Boycie has explained. I'm sure that if despite this it gets Baltic, then they can layer up.

As also said by others, the cost of energy it would take to heat up the open air turnstiles and concourses currently will be insane. Go open your windows and doors, turn on your central heating and see how much it costs to heat to a warm temperature. 

When I go to watch football in the depths of winter, out comes my ski gear knowing I'm sat down outside in the freezing cold for the best part of two hours. You adapt to your climate. When I worked on the farms in the winter there wasn't any heaters in the barns, you just wrap up.

3 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Wish that simple mate they are told what they and cant wear and just that it is law that areas of public they have to be certain templates or pp could force to close.

That’s inside hospitals, schools, inside public places like cinemas (maybe)and offices etc.

Not football concourses.  Maybe inside the corporate areas, and I’m not sure they have to be a certain temperature to be honest.

The concourse area is classed as outdoors as the doors are open at half time and there’s ruddy great openings up to the stands.

Do you think the guys in the burger vans outside have heaters ?

4 hours ago, Boycie said:

That’s inside hospitals, schools, inside public places like cinemas (maybe)and offices etc.

Not football concourses.  Maybe inside the corporate areas, and I’m not sure they have to be a certain temperature to be honest.

The concourse area is classed as outdoors as the doors are open at half time and there’s ruddy great openings up to the stands.

Do you think the guys in the burger vans outside have heaters ?

Actulley yes some do as I have seen them mate.

8 hours ago, Boycie said:

In the kitchens you mean? The hot kitchens?

As for the stewards, they have big coats on.

Warming your head at half time isn’t important mate.

Kitchens???

Not much heat off a microwave squire.

And to be fair it's bloody freezing in the concourse,I think in view of the costs of a season or day ticket we can afford a bit of heat!

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

No

They have a right to be warm too and not being frozen to death.

OMG!  This is new news!  I hadn't heard about this.  This is horrifying!  ?

Although... 
It's a bit weird that those in the kitchens are dying of the cold, whilst those of us out in the seating areas (Not necessarily sitting) are nice and toastie.
Perhaps you're right... Perhaps the catering bods are being forced to work with no underwear on. Yuk!  

Thanks mate... keep us updated on the kitchen deaths, will yer?  This may need a petition, or a march, if it carries on!
The last thing we need is nobody left to pass us our pies and bovril.  

On the atmosphere it has felt flat recently against Forest Green and Accrington but that is likely to be a little expected. Of course they don't bring many so the away end is 90% empty and we're rolling them over so there is no element of the 'contest' to get fans excited and wanting to sing. Then again, against Bolton which was competitive we were hardly great either despite the massive numbers.