Gianluca Vialli has died at the age of 58

image.png.ed23a0cf0fe0d1db8cd1df6d2ea0a1dd.png

Gianluca Vialli made his final professional appearance in football against Derby County for Chelsea in 1999… scoring the winning goal (Ed Dawes tweet)

My stomach knotted up reading this thread title!
Truly sickening!

Not only because this is the same b****** cancer that took my mother before I'd officially even exited my childhood, but this bloke was not just a bloody fantastic footballer, but he also came across as a thoroughly decent chap.
...And he ain't even proper old school!  Practically a modern day player in my mind! ... and younger than me, to boot!

Such sad, sickening news.

May you rest in peace, sir.
xxx

21 hours ago, Diego said:

image.png.ed23a0cf0fe0d1db8cd1df6d2ea0a1dd.png

Gianluca Vialli made his final professional appearance in football against Derby County for Chelsea in 1999… scoring the winning goal (Ed Dawes tweet)

I was at the game as he walked round the pitch at the end and every fan - Derby or Chelsea - applauded him. Absolutely legend. Lovely guy, ready smile and twinkle in his eyes.

Feel this much harder than Pele personaly ...modern day footballer who I've watched in the flesh and looked like he could run through brick walls. 

Many moons ago a mate nicknamed me Gianluca….for the lack of hair rather my football ability. I always took it as a compliment.
All comments from fellow pros relate as much to his personality as his football skills. 
Thank you Gianluca for what you gave us as a person and player. 
Sad Cartoon GIF