Jason Knight, option to extend his contract

Day

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

Do you know what the option on Knight says about salary, and how that fits in with EFL restrictions ? 

I’ve no idea, but maybe if it was written pre administration it may well take them over the threshold as like Marriott?

Hughes was a mercurial championship genius. One of our own. Made it to the prem and in a better side was good enough. 

Knighty is a thermo nuclear reactor .. what league/ team  he could eventually play in and prosper, I don’t know, but he he powers this team. He is adamantium. Wherever he goes (if he goes) he will add something. I hope and pray he sees us as more than a launch pad. Keep Knight, spend well when restrictions drop away, and he could be leading us to the premier league in 3/4 years time. He might short cut that by taking an offer from a yo-yo club. I just hope he doesn’t.

5 hours ago, Boycie said:

I’ve no idea, but maybe if it was written pre administration it may well take them over the threshold as like Marriott?

I heard the BBC Radio Derby interview and Warne was talking about this being a realistic option.  If it were like that, it would be "there may be obstacles" or "we'll see what happens".  

It is likely viable, the question will be what is the effect elsewhere on the squad - i.e. is he that worth it?!

Thanks buddy

I am paying for last night now but I hope a kid Is okay I never saw what happened but a poor kids got knocked out by a man appently quite few derby fans came to his aid and two women started fighting but I heard one say get swear word get hands of him.

The potential transfer fees we’ve lost in the last year or so due to restrictions is frustrating. Could’ve paid good chunks of debt back.

festy, ebosele, lawrence all left more or less for free. Could have given all three one year deals and got at least £1m each. That is very conservative too.

Buchanan and Byrne as well, got minimal fees from both of them. 

now knight going into his last year and maybe issues around activating his contract. Think £4m for knight a minimum if has at least a year on his contract.

bird, cashin, sibley all out of contract at end of next season too.