Passing the ball accurately and retaining possession

Curtains

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Nice stats, good to see we've been more clinical but that's sort of to be expected with McGoldrick being more available and Collins settling in.

As was shows a few days ago though we've also faced weaker defences since the managerial change.

Excluding Man City U21s because they've only really played 2 games of 'senior' football this season....

312 total goals conceded by the 12 teams faced under Rosenior (average of 26 per team)
281 total goals conceded by the 9 teams faced under Warne (average of 31.2 per team)

In the league, the teams Rosenior faced (9) have conceded 169 goals (237 all comps), 160 without our contribution - 17.8 per team

In the league, the teams Warne has faced (7) have conceded 183 goals (218 all comps), 172 without our contribution - 24.6 per team

You'd be shocked if we hadn't managed to notch up a few more goals in recent matches tbf

Edited by Kokosnuss

10 hours ago, David said:

In poor conditions, on a poor pitch, with a decimated defence and a game against Liverpool at Anfield 3 days later.

I mean, it's not the end of the world, we're not out the cup or anything, we just have the inconvenience of an extra game to go through to the next round.

Plymouth, top of League 1, 11 v 11 were battered 5-1 by Grimsby on Saturday.

Wycombe lost 2-0 to Walsall.

Lincoln lost 1-0 to 20th place National League South side Chippenham Town

Need I go on?....

You forgot to mention the ref. Usually quite high up on our list of excuses.....

A couple of mates of mine at work said they watched the Torquay game and could not believe how bad Derby County have become ….because of me they watch out games if on tv and I think they both have fair assessments of the game in general …

Also my Charlton mates at work STH said after the 1-0 win against us …we will be top 3 because we outplayed them and ripped them open but just didn’t score …his text he showed me at HT to his dad was “we are getting torn a new one here” !!

LR should’ve been given time to get it right imo until Christmas at least …but it’s neither here nor there now anyways enough said hope Warne turns it round 

My concern (and it’s still very early days) is that all the running around Warne seems to like from his players seems to have come at the expense of our passing which has been atrocious at times.

We could have made life much easier in our last two games if we had adopted the LR approach for even ten minutes just to get the opposition chasing shadows.

Allowing ‘end to end’ football puts our beleaguered defence under a lot of pressure.

Having a full back at CH, a midfielder at RB and a CH at LB is like plugging a roof leak with a potato- it can only last so long.

2 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

My concern (and it’s still very early days) is that all the running around Warne seems to like from his players seems to have come at the expense of our passing which has been atrocious at times.

We could have made life much easier in our last two games if we had adopted the LR approach for even ten minutes just to get the opposition chasing shadows.

Allowing ‘end to end’ football puts our beleaguered defence under a lot of pressure.

Having a full back at CH, a midfielder at RB and a CH at LB is like plugging a roof leak with a potato- it can only last so long.

Yes I agree - we were talking at work about two people who want promotion - both have really positive qualities but also issues but if you could somehow combine the two of them you would have the perfect manager. Think same with Liam and Paul. 

7 hours ago, S8TY said:

A couple of mates of mine at work said they watched the Torquay game and could not believe how bad Derby County have become ….because of me they watch out games if on tv and I think they both have fair assessments of the game in general …

Also my Charlton mates at work STH said after the 1-0 win against us …we will be top 3 because we outplayed them and ripped them open but just didn’t score …his text he showed me at HT to his dad was “we are getting torn a new one here” !!

LR should’ve been given time to get it right imo until Christmas at least …but it’s neither here nor there now anyways enough said hope Warne turns it round 

Did they watch any of the other games? Because if we'd continued to play like we did that one half against Charlton then I'd be angry and bemused too - but we didn't.