Passing the ball accurately and retaining possession

Curtains

7 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Of course but from a winning position against a poor team 

In poor conditions, on a poor pitch, with a decimated defence and a game against Liverpool at Anfield 3 days later.

I mean, it's not the end of the world, we're not out the cup or anything, we just have the inconvenience of an extra game to go through to the next round.

Plymouth, top of League 1, 11 v 11 were battered 5-1 by Grimsby on Saturday.

Wycombe lost 2-0 to Walsall.

Lincoln lost 1-0 to 20th place National League South side Chippenham Town

Need I go on?....

1 minute ago, David said:

In poor conditions, on a poor pitch, with a decimated defence and a game against Liverpool at Anfield 3 days later.

I mean, it's not the end of the world, we're not out the cup or anything, we just have the inconvenience of an extra game to go through to the next round.

Plymouth, top of League 1, 11 v 11 were battered 5-1 by Grimsby on Saturday.

Wycombe lost 2-0 to Walsall.

Lincoln lost 1-0 to 20th place National League South side Chippenham Town

Need I go on?....

Did Plymouth play their best team ! 

Just now, Reggie Greenwood said:

Very difficult to do on that pitch. If we had tried knocking the ball about at the back think we would have been in even more trouble . 

I’m really on about retaining possession in other areas as we constantly give the ball away in our haste to get forward with Warneball  

Warne alluded to the only thing Osula did right was score and inferred he needs to retain possession better .

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Did Plymouth play their best team ! 

Did we play ours? What about the other games I have listed.

End of the day, it's the FA Cup, it throws up all kinds of whacky results.

Would it have been nice to go through without a replay, of course, but in terms of what a cup run actually is for a League 1 team, money earner, as when was the last time a League 1 team won it, or even made the final?

This extra game is an opportunity to generate more money. 

Absolutely no reason to turn yesterday into a drama.

6000 Derby fans will be heading to Anfield on Wednesday hoping we can do a Torquay, the gap between us and Liverpool is far greater than us and Torquay.

If it's a simple case of bigger club should win, what the hell is the point in travelling up there. 

Just now, David said:

Did we play ours?

Yes, we played our best available team.

The people saying we couldn't play it on the floor because of the conditions, what about playing it in the air with the swirling wind?! You could see that from Wildsmith's goal kicks that were getting caught up in wind. Our game management was absolutely diabolical. 

Just now, David said:

Did we play ours? What about the other games I have listed.

End of the day, it's the FA Cup, it throws up all kinds of whacky results.

Would it have been nice to go through without a replay, of course, but in terms of what a cup run actually is for a League 1 team, money earner, as when was the last time a League 1 team won it, or even made the final?

This extra game is an opportunity to generate more money. 

Absolutely no reason to turn yesterday into a drama.

6000 Derby fans will be heading to Anfield on Wednesday hoping we can do a Torquay, the gap between us and Liverpool is far greater than us and Torquay.

If it's a simple case of bigger club should win, what the hell is the point in travelling up there. 

I’m going to Anfield as well. 
Maybe you should allow constructive criticism .

I mean I’d have played Rooney and Odura yesterday for game time as I couldn’t have cared less about the FA Cup but of course  it would have been nice to go through to the next round 

1 minute ago, Jubbs said:

Yes, we played our best available team.

The people saying we couldn't play it on the floor because of the conditions, what about playing it in the air with the swirling wind?! You could see that from Wildsmith's goal kicks that were getting caught up in wind. Our game management was absolutely diabolical. 

So how do you play? The conditions were terrible down there, not like we made Torquay look like Brazil. 

It was a proper messy cup tie, one this club has seen many of before and will see many again.

It's really not worth bursting a blood vessel over, Saturday is the important one to stay in touch with the top 6.

Just now, David said:

So how do you play? The conditions were terrible down there, not like we made Torquay look like Brazil. 

It was a proper messy cup tie, one this club has seen many of before and will see many again.

It's really not worth bursting a blood vessel over, Saturday is the important one to stay in touch with the top 6.

Mate who’s bursting a blood vessel.

We have a replay .

I seem to remember Rosenior getting criticism but are you saying we can’t criticize at all 

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I mean I’d have played Rooney and Odura yesterday for game time as I couldn’t have cared less about the FA Cup but of course  it would have been nice to go through to the next round 

How am I not allowing constructive criticism, have I edited or deleted your posts in any way at all?

I simply picked up on a post where you was "just saying" that Hull drew with 10 men, as did we. 

If you don't want people to reply to your opinions, posting them on a public forum isn't the best idea is it.

Just now, David said:

How am I not allowing constructive criticism, have I edited or deleted your posts in any way at all?

I simply picked up on a post where you was "just saying" that Hull drew with 10 men, as did we. 

If you don't want people to reply to your opinions, posting them on a public forum isn't the best idea is it.

Your replies are alway welcome and you know it .

Ok we drew with 10 men but Hull survived much longer .

We aren’t going to agree I see that now. 

53 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Has it deserted us at times .

Or was it all down to the Cashin sending off yesterday 

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/24748668.2004.11868295

They were playing in a mud bath and the ball was alternately moving a 1mph through said mud or at 25 mph as it suddenly took off over a layer of water......this clearly made passing accurately or at the correct momentum to be successful,extremely difficult to judge....I'd imagine it's especially difficult for players who are used to better playing surfaces.

Also,what has any of this got to do with our previous,temporary manager?.....other than playing around at the back would have yielded even worse results with the dreadful conditions.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

5 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Mate who’s bursting a blood vessel.

We have a replay .

I seem to remember Rosenior getting criticism but are you saying we can’t criticize at all 

Where have I say you can't criticise? 

Again, it's a public forum, I'm simply reply to posts made.

You made an example of Hull drawing 0-0, they had 46% possession.

We also drew and had 49% possession. 

In a topic I assume you kinda want to talk about possession.

Yesterday was terrible conditions for any kind of game be it on the ground or in the air. 

11 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Is “Hull drew with 10 men. just sayin” constructive criticism?

6 minutes ago, David said:

Where have I say you can't criticise? 

Again, it's a public forum, I'm simply reply to posts made.

You made an example of Hull drawing 0-0, they had 46% possession.

We also drew and had 49% possession. 

In a topic I assume you kinda want to talk about possession.

Yesterday was terrible conditions for any kind of game be it on the ground or in the air. 

That was after  the game .

Its ok to skew your argument