Passing the ball accurately and retaining possession

Curtains

31 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Whilst all those things are true I really don't think it excuses the total lack of any sort of composure from any of our outfield players after Cashin got a red card. Genuinely worrying that nobody could think for long enough to make any remotely competent decisions.

1 goal from a penalty, the other came from a set piece at the end of a slog fest.

I mean we didn't play great, granted, but it wasn't a case of them scoring from open play.

Lapse in judgement and concentration, which you're going to get that with young players.

Classic FA Cup game, no need to over analyse it.

13 minutes ago, David said:

1 goal from a penalty, the other came from a set piece at the end of a slog fest.

I mean we didn't play great, granted, but it wasn't a case of them scoring from open play.

Lapse in judgement and concentration, which you're going to get that with young players.

Classic FA Cup game, no need to over analyse it.

Best close forum then mate 

4 minutes ago, Curtains said:

We’ve got players he won’t play.

Rooney and Odura for a start 

Difficult. Odurah had a 'mare first half against City U21s against their goalscorer, though unlikely he'll face anyone with that pace in L1. He's shown some glimpses, but i'm not sure he's what PW wants. Rooney looked uncomfortable on the right of the back 3 at times against City. I thought he did well against Grimsby though. Looked assured on the ball and has a bit of bite in the tackle. Clearly they're both for the future. Guess if we could put teams away by 60 minutes they might have a chance of getting on!

1 minute ago, DiggerB said:

Difficult. Odurah had a 'mare first half against City U21s against their goalscorer, though unlikely he'll face anyone with that pace in L1. He's shown some glimpses, but i'm not sure he's what PW wants. Rooney looked uncomfortable on the right of the back 3 at times against City. I thought he did well against Grimsby though. Looked assured on the ball and has a bit of bite in the tackle. Clearly they're both for the future. Guess if we could put teams away by 60 minutes they might have a chance of getting on!

The thing for me with this is we really don’t need to bother about the FA Cup .

Why not try young players in games like Torquay !

4 minutes ago, DiggerB said:

Warne sees him in training every day.  You can only assume he hasn't been overly impressed.

50 minutes ago, Curtains said:

We’ve got players he won’t play.

Rooney and Odura for a start 

Perhaps, but we really don’t have the conventional benefits of a full ish squad. I can’t get excited or angry about the Torquay game. It was a cup tie where loads of stuff happens and loads of wild card issues are present. We were doing ok without being particularly special. When we went 2 up it was looking like an uneventful and unspectacular win against some plucky minnows. Then you get a penalty and a sending off mixed in with the green not being rubbed our way on the ref front and we end up with an irritating draw / replay. There were some stray passes, we could have done better, we made a couple of silly mistakes but it was what it was and certainly not an abject existential failure, just a tricky game with an unsatisfactory result. I am more worried about a paper thin squad getting battered at Anfield with the psychological baggage that brings for our league campaign. Warne has an against the odds task. He and the team need us 

2 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

I guarantee if we’d lost with young players like you propose, you’d be asking why we didn’t play with an experienced side. 

What can I say other than I’ve been advocating Rooney and Odura for starts for a while now. 

Obviously it’s nice to progress in the FA Cup and League Cup but not sure it’s worth it at the expense of League 1