January Window

1of4

7 minutes ago, Dan_Ram said:

Confirmed. 

Amusing enough but we've been on the end of this one with Ibe which probably cost us promotion.  If the loaning club isn't going to let you have the player for 12 months I see little point.  The more successful they are, or if a club is desperate, back they go.  Old Dobbin will be back at Everton in the next week if Fwanks still there. 

5 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Amusing enough but we've been on the end of this one with Ibe which probably cost us promotion.  If the loaning club isn't going to let you have the player for 12 months I see little point.  The more successful they are, or if a club is desperate, back they go.  Old Dobbin will be back at Everton in the next week if Fwanks still there. 

The Dobster is nowhere near premiership level at this time….lots of potential. He is better off getting game time with us.

8 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

It's very common with L1 loans. Remember when we got Bamford for the 2nd half of the season after a really good 1st half for MK Dons?

4 hours ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Only on a short term contract. Not agreed a renewal 

Saw online chatter about him going to the Championship, Preston were said to be interested. Like McGoldrick and Collins, if kept fit, he's a very good striker - especially at this level.

Almost all of our business will come at the end of the window as the bastids at the EFL won't let us buy anyone for the next 18 months, and loans tend to be agreed at the last minute after all the actual transfer business has been done. The exception would be bringing Bielik back to Pride Park. When we aren't allowed to buy anyone, that could make a massive difference. I'm disappointed it hasn't happened and presume this means it isn't going to happen, which suggests we've accepted autos are simply too far off to be realistically achievable (quite possibly true).

FWIW I wouldn't go for Wickham (talented as he undoubtedly is), as we already have Collins and McGoldrick as experienced older hands. The other players Warne is likely to bring in will surely be pacey. Wickham's so slow nowadays he has to shoot from the halfway line:

5 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Conor Wickham has been released by FGR. 9 goals in 20 games, and we need a striker that can score when we play the top 6.

Minimum wage and actually playing to be paid more - his injury record is appalling