January Window

1of4

21 minutes ago, Crewton said:

You can bet that if we wanted to bring Ebiowei in, Palace would use it as a bargaining chip to try to get us to withdraw our compensation claim. If his signing was to be the catalyst for a successful promotion push, I'd reluctantly say it's worth considering. 

Nope - they owe us money - pay it properly- he has been on the bench at palarse all season in the premiership which means he isn’t crap unlike what they offered us.

48 minutes ago, simmoram1995 said:

Heard from an employee of the club Marriott and shinnie were at moor farm this week both been told they can leave on a free I’m unsure about these two coming back 

I'd be 50/50 on Shinnie. I liked him, but I'd be suprised Warne would want him back.

Marriott though, I think and hope we have moved away from daft decisions like that.

23 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I'd be 50/50 on Shinnie. I liked him, but I'd be suprised Warne would want him back.

Marriott though, I think and hope we have moved away from daft decisions like that.

Shinnie not involved or on the bench today for Wigan...maybe injured aye ?‍♀️

I would gladly bring Shinnie back, add a bit of bite to our midfield, then send Thompson out on loan.

I would send Anang & Osula back. Bring in a right back, winger & forward.

Then if being greedy bring in an attacking mid. Centre back under 30 on a permanent would make sense too.

So Warne has one of his targets pretty much signed up, it’s just whether he comes this month or in the summer. Limits the guesses to players in the final six months of their contract.

Bring a RB in and that then means Smith can go back to the midfield as an option.

I’d take Shinnie back, you know that he’d give 100% and he should still do a job at this level.

Marriott? No thanks, he can’t be a player that Warne would want. He’d break down too often.

48 minutes ago, Seth's left foot said:

So Warne has one of his targets pretty much signed up, it’s just whether he comes this month or in the summer. Limits the guesses to players in the final six months of their contract.

This was with regards the Head of Recruitment not a player

3 hours ago, simmoram1995 said:

Heard from an employee of the club Marriott and shinnie were at moor farm this week both been told they can leave on a free I’m unsure about these two coming back 

Duck me Jack Marriott would probably also fit my Lee Gregory description. Better not be

RB and LB, so we no longer have CMs playing in those positions. Frees them up to play where they should be.
Winger - competition for Mendez-Laing, Barkhuizen and Dobbin. Also means we won't be bringing a raw CF on and playing him on the wing.

The only other one would be a CF to replace Osula, but not too important due to him only being 3rd choice CF. The previous 3 positions are to add depth, this would be to improve the quality in the squad. Osula's only started 3 league games (when Collins was suspended and McGoldrick was injured). Despite scoring 5 and assisting 1 in his 6 starts in all competitions, he hasn't had any meaningful contribution off the bench. If we did get an upgrade, it would have to be someone who is ready.