January Window

1of4

Just listening to the Rams Daily podcast and good question was raised on there...

Who is currently on loan to a team lower down League 1 who we might be able to lever away from them with a promise of giving the loanee the opportunity to play alongside better players in a team pushing for promotion?

4 hours ago, Franks Tanked said:

Not strictly true, he scored 45 in 90 at Leyton Orient, 11 in 36 at Charlton. In our current situation he'd be a shrewd signing. He's also rumoured to be wanted by Sheffield Wednesday and Charlton so he's not to be sniffed at in our current situation.

While some think of Leyton Orient as a "name", this was non-league football. But the Charlton stats are more impressive. Our embargo does indeed make it tough, but at least also means we're unlikely to be overpaying on wages! 

44 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Only until the end of the season - wouldn’t be worse than Osula was based on what I saw - as well as probably being available 

Been injured too much but the lad Ben Doak ? That they have who they took from Celtic is a seriously talented forward he even came on against us in the cup if I remember correctly- now he is a prospect 

I remember how much Martin struggled against the more aggressive Flints and Hanley centrebacks.  We often needed the much maligned Coner Sammon to come on and assist by roughing them up.  No way he can play up top on his own in this league.  May have something to offer in a two. But he must be about 35 by now.  We could have a 70 yr old strike force.

36 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Just listening to the Rams Daily podcast and good question was raised on there...

Who is currently on loan to a team lower down League 1 who we might be able to lever away from them with a promise of giving the loanee the opportunity to play alongside better players in a team pushing for promotion?

Mentioned someone at Bristol Rovers on the radio last night whos got goals.  Can't recall his name though

38 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Mentioned someone at Bristol Rovers on the radio last night whos got goals. Can't recall his name though

Joshua conurn? 20 on loan from Boro with 8 goals in 14 games

Edited by dcfcreece1601

4 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

38 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Mentioned someone at Bristol Rovers on the radio last night whos got goals. Can't recall his name though

Joshua conurn? 20 on loan from Boro with 8 goals in 14 games

Josh Coburn. 

8 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I'd rather take Jeremy Corbyn than develope one of their players. 

The prob feel the same about loaning a player to us who could get us promoted!

I'd just love it if a Boro player scored the winning goal at Wembley to secure promotion. Gibson would be fuming.

Get him in!

Edited by therealhantsram

A flip side to taking loans from the teams below us, taking loans from those in the Championship not playing too much. Dujon Sterling is on loan at Stoke from Chelsea, has only played 61 minutes in one appearance out the last ten games. Previously on loan at Coventry, Blackpool and Wigan so isn't wet behind the ears. 23 year old right back, out of contract at the end of the season. Could be one to try snare with the lure of regular football at a big club, then sign on a free in the summer. Chelsea surely wouldn't be keeping him around.

3 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I remember how much Martin struggled against the more aggressive Flints and Hanley centrebacks.  We often needed the much maligned Coner Sammon to come on and assist by roughing them up.  No way he can play up top on his own in this league.  May have something to offer in a two. But he must be about 35 by now.  We could have a 70 yr old strike force.

Yeah I was a big fan of Martin when he played for us, but now it’d be a hard no!

Just reading that Shane Ferguson is leaving Rotherham with Charlton linked with him. Played the full season last year under Warne at left midfield. He's out of contract in the summer so perhaps could just take over his contract and add on another year? Someone who Warne knows well, he signed him before and got promotion with him. Worth a look?

4 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

Just reading that Shane Ferguson is leaving Rotherham with Charlton linked with him. Played the full season last year under Warne at left midfield. He's out of contract in the summer so perhaps could just take over his contract and add on another year? Someone who Warne knows well, he signed him before and got promotion with him. Worth a look?

Don’t think we need another midfielder ?

47 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

42 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Don’t think we need another midfielder ?

LWB in a back 5

31 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Smith is doing a really great at rB which secures his spot in the team, so why buy another and displace him ? 

Cover? Options? Chance to make an improvement and move Smith back to his preferred position (though I agree Smith is doing well)?

Edited by LazloW