Ipswich v Derby (A) Matchday Thread - ‘and it’s live’

i-Ram

19 minutes ago, Mckram said:

I think we will sign 2 or 3 in Jan as a minimum.

Osula, Robert and Dobbin are on loan. Davies and Forsyth will probably retire.

NML and Barks will want out if they’re played as wing backs.

I think the team first game next season will be totally different to the side tonight.

Assuming NML and Barkhuizen do go (and someone wants to take them), how are we a 'work in progress'? They were two of our big signings. Hourihane won't want to be on the bench either. McGoldrick's getting on and doesn't fit Warne's football -let's add him in too. Even in a magical world where we can sell any player we want, whenever we want, getting rid of those players would just be an admission that we got all our big signings wrong and need to start again. Again. 

Edited by vonwright

25 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Very unconvinced by Warne. 4 losses in his opening 6 games and s**** football. Said the 4 year contract could be a big mistake by Clowes.

Hope he gets it right but can't disagree so far. We have to go back to a back 4 based on personnel available. Barks and NML need to be up the other end of the pitch 

8 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Couldnt agree more

theres some ability in both.

dont think either suit warnes football tbh 

sibley, i dont know what his best position is

for what u would deem “a creative player” his touch is unreliable and at times every bit as woeful as one of our defenders

really not sure about him Truth be told

everyone got boners over him last week but if u watch back he was equally as dreadful first half. Second improved and obviously thst little run and shot at the end that got people a semi .. but he was a mix bag last week

mark my words once warne has a window sibley will be back to being restricted appearance wise 

wasnt alone though

that was pretty bloody dire football and far far too many aimless and pointless passes with little care or purpose

some really shocking performances with the ball tonight 

"sibley, i dont know what his best position is"  Right back............in the dressing room

8 minutes ago, Tombo said:

That was pretty poor in the end when you look at the 90 minutes as a whole. They deserved the win, regardless of the freak error that led to it

Not sure I can stomach Warne saying "don't get too down on the result". Yeah they're 2nd in the league, but Plymouth are top and our performance in that game was far better.

Aside from this completely aimless hoofball, we are looking so shaky defensively. We've shipped a fair few goals now under this new regime. And today was poor in front of goal. I can't say with any certainty that things were any worse in the worst moments of Rosenior

Absolutely mad club. One failure after another for a decade and a half

I am not sure we have the players to play 3 at the back when we have no natural wing backs. We need Mendez Lang and Barks offensively. I think we missed Knight tonight ?

11 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Sorry Bris not a chance; this team playing this style of football are going nowhere. Think we are in for a long dull season. 

You say that but we beat Cambridge and Accrington easily enough.

Plymouth and Ipswich look a level above. Sheff Wed probably too.

But no reason why we can’t aim for 6th place.

3 minutes ago, TaahnRam said:

Hope he gets it right but can't disagree so far. We have to go back to a back 4 based on personnel available. Barks and NML need to be up the other end of the pitch 

This is the thing between the top managers and managers at our level. Klopp took over Liverpool and adapted his tactics to their squad, then slowly over time built a squad that fit what he wanted to do. Warne (who I do like btw) has come in and tried to fit our players into his system, creating a whole round pegs in square holes issue.

Edited by DJFern94

1 minute ago, Rev said:

I didn't think tonight was so bad, against probably the best side in this league. 

Cigarette paper between them and us, we came out second best due to an individual mistake.

Think we were watching different games - see the stats to see the ITFC domination - we basically had a good first five minutes 

Just now, plymouthram said:

Paul Warne does'nt do passing work in training, he does hoof ball. Would'nt be surprised if some players left in January, so they can go to a club that plays football.

I think we now find out whether he's a good manager who can get the most out of what's at his disposal, or a one-trick pony who can only play one way, with one type of player. Hope for the former but how often does that happen, really? Managers tend to believe in 'their' system and recruit accordingly. It makes the decision to bring in Warne after we'd signed a new squad (and kept 'possession' players like Bird) all the more mystifying. 

3 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Let’s not blame the ref again, we created very little all game and they were the better side on the night and edged it.

If Ipswich had scored the penalty, then the ref would have made sure of the win, instead of us not being able to rescue it. And what would have happened if he had given the red card?

In the end, regardless of the man with the whistle, WE lost that game, not the ref.

I'm on the train back to London having just come from the match. 

We're clearly a work in progress. We are not yet a team. No discernible partnerships forming and some players like Barkhuizen clearly look out of position. 

That said, we didn't really look in any trouble until we started bringing the subs on, every one of which seemed to detract from the team. 

Anyone know why Ipswich were playing in all black rather than their home colours? 

I wouldn’t say it’s an overreaction. I just feel like what was the point of changing of the manager when we clearly now need to buy multiple players to get Warne football to work. The poor owner will now need to invest more money in the squad for the change in style when we bought in a brand new squad in the summer  with the idea of playing a certain way.