Worst since Atwell

Srg

1 hour ago, Srg said:

And then nothing happens. Ever.

Twatwell refereed that fateful game against forest, gave a goal for Reading that hit the sideboard at Watford and still ended up in the premier league. It’s pathetic. 

George Courtney was/is his mentor, George Courtney the school master, George Courtney who was called a cheat by Tony Adams when at Arsenal

Completely incompetent, without doubt the worst referee I have ever seen at pride park,  nothing more to say TBH, other than I have seen better on the Racecourse on a Sunday…

4 minutes ago, Andrew1 said:

Completely incompetent, without doubt the worst referee I have ever seen at pride park,  nothing more to say TBH, other than I have seen better on the Racecourse on a Sunday…

Thank you

I have reffed on the racecourse and if I had put in a performance like that I would have retired immediately.

1 hour ago, Diego said:

Never a red. It’s a stern talking to for throwing the toys out the pram.

If he’s meant to hit him then your looking at the police getting involved for assault.

He very obviously hasn’t meant to stick one on him. 

I don't believe Collins was striking or attempting to strike the player.  He was hitting the ground in frustration.  He may have caught the player with his elbow with no intention to do so.  VAR may well have seen it this way, but, no second chance for the Ref on this one. No help from the assistant either.  A rather hasty decision, but Collins swung his arm towards his opponent.  Worth an appeal but a risk of adding to the ban.

I don't usually criticize officials, but this was a poor crew.

57 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I think Atwell has actually improved a lot since then. Seen him 3 or 4 times and he has done well.

Even that performance by Atwell was far better than today in my opinion  - Sure Atwell denied 2 goals but he did send off a Forest player and give us a last minute penalty to win the game which we missed 

Our issues

Dobbin missing a chance a blindfolded geriatric would have buried

A ridiculous penalty given away

A feck up for the second

Hourihane seemed to have no position, he tackled Bird twice and Knight twice during the game.

We don't get in the ref face enough as I mentioned earlier in the season.  

The ref

A ridiculous first half penalty

No penalisation for horrific time wasting.

An incredulous red card when actually we should have had a penalty for the hugging and palm in the face.

There guy Harrison should probably have had a red for that tackle on Laing -studs up and no intention to play the ball.

A free kick against Sibley in injury time when it was the other way- penalty? didn't see it enough.

A ridiculous free kick against Stearman in their half when he was fouled - that could have been another red.

Overall, the worst ref I've seen at Pride Park bar Atwells mad 5 minutes. Clearly lost his mental s*** entirely in front of a large crowd and needs to back to the Vanarama.   

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

How when he was pulled down and selby pulled down by vale player red did nrothing to them.

Don’t get me wrong, he was absolutely dreadful. It’s just that for the examples you gave he actually made the right decisions.

39 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

I can see why the ref sent him off but there is a case for a appeal also retrospective action for feigning injury. 

Also where was a card for the push on Collins 

Never touch this.

Get this over turned and sack the bloody ref.

50 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

Thank you

I have reffed on the racecourse and if I had put in a performance like that I would have retired immediately.

I too reffed on the Racecourse, Until I had my parentage put into question, The player Quickley had to receive medical attention for a bloody nose, I decided after that game being a referee at this level isn't for me.

42 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Even that performance by Atwell was far better than today in my opinion  - Sure Atwell denied 2 goals but he did send off a Forest player and give us a last minute penalty to win the game which we missed 

The season after that game Lee Camp was seen in the Rising Sun in Willington, He got chatting to the local females, They asked him who he was...Lee Camp he said...nope the name didn't register with the girls, Then a big unit of a man went up to them and said...this C*** saved a penalty for Forest against us, I'll not say what the girls said, But he drank up and left.