Worst since Atwell

Srg

6 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Why was the red card the correct decision? 

Because it was dangerous and could have caused serious harm to their player had he connected (he may have slightly connected, I’m not sure).

Collins may not have intentionally wanted to harm the player, but most don’t when they lunge in for the ball anyway. It’s reckless. 

But on this occasion I’d say Collins knew what he was doing. Stupid. 

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Because in real time it looked like violent conduct - Collins reaction to being hauled down. I imagine if the roles had been reversed pretty much every one on this forum, and every Derby fan, would have said it was the right decision. 

I watched it in real time and didnt think it was violent conduct. Ive since watched it back on replay and still dont think it was.

25 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I watched it in real time and didnt think it was violent conduct. Ive since watched it back on replay and still dont think it was.

All a matter of opinion. I didn't see it clearly in real time (from half way along the East Stand) but have watched it again on replay. I personally can see why the ref gave a red card and, IMO, even with the benefit of VAR I reckon the decision would have stood. I still maintain that if the roles had been reversed most of us would have been furious if a red card hadn't been given.

one of the poorest set of officials we have ever had , it was that bizarre the linesman on the East side couldnt see , fouls were given against players who were fouled , and for 10 or 15 mins in second half it seemed the ref let the crowd ref the game , absolutely ridiculous , in my opinion Collins was hard done by

On 08/10/2022 at 17:06, BathRam72 said:

It did sound like a disaster of a performance by the officials. Ref poor, linesman always 2 or 3 yards off the play and very slow with decisions.  Do we have a right as a club to put in an official complaint?

Well Port Vale did, against the same guy, and it obviously paid off handsomely.

3 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

All a matter of opinion. I didn't see it clearly in real time (from half way along the East Stand) but have watched it again on replay. I personally can see why the ref gave a red card and, IMO, even with the benefit of VAR I reckon the decision would have stood. I still maintain that if the roles had been reversed most of us would have been furious if a red card hadn't been given.

Speak for yourself, I'm the first to condemn our players for diving, play acting and time wasting. It has ruined the game I once loved.

Just a quick couple of questions regarding refereeing.

How can players get away with manhandling players in the area preventing them getting to the ball in the area, yet anywhere else on the pitch a free kick would be given?

How come a player running with the ball goes down with the slightest of touches in the area penalty given but no foul anywhere else on the pitch?

Surely a foul is a foul no matter where it is on the pitch there isn’t a separate rule for incidents inside the area.

11 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

How can players get away with manhandling players in the area preventing them getting to the ball in the area, yet anywhere else on the pitch a free kick would be given?

How come a player running with the ball goes down with the slightest of touches in the area penalty given but no foul anywhere else on the pitch?

Surely a foul is a foul no matter where it is on the pitch there isn’t a separate rule for incidents inside the area.

By committing those types of foul against any player wearing a Derby County shirt. 

13 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

1. How can players get away with manhandling players in the area preventing them getting to the ball in the area, yet anywhere else on the pitch a free kick would be given?

2. How come a player running with the ball goes down with the slightest of touches in the area penalty given but no foul anywhere else on the pitch?

3. Surely a foul is a foul no matter where it is on the pitch there isn’t a separate rule for incidents inside the area.

1. Too many penalties would be given, As opposed to all those free kicks that are given...the authorities would go ballistic.

2. Good at convincing the official, Not good at convincing the official

3. When is a foul, When the official says so

33 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Speak for yourself, I'm the first to condemn our players for diving, play acting and time wasting. It has ruined the game I once loved.

I agree, diving and over acting is definitely ruining the game but, regardless of how injured the PV player was or wasn't injured, I suspect if a PV player had lashed out like that (even if the intention was only to hit the ground and was out of frustration) and caught one of our players on the head (even with just a glancing blow with the arm) most of us would have been calling for a red card.

18 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

The thing I find amusing is when a player scores and he runs off in celebration and one of his teammates jumps on his back and he manages to stay on his feet and not fall to the ground and writhe in agony.

13 hours ago, Foreveram said:

The thing I find amusing is when a player scores and he runs off in celebration and one of his teammates jumps on his back and he manages to stay on his feet and not fall to the ground and writhe in agony.

But it’s even funnier when they do that and actually do cause an injury. Or when they do back flips and pull a hamstring or something. 

14 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

1. Too many penalties would be given, As opposed to all those free kicks that are given...the authorities would go ballistic.

2. Good at convincing the official, Not good at convincing the official

3. When is a foul, When the official says so

1. is that not a good thing ?  If penalties were awarded for the blatant manhandling of players in the penalty area then they might think twice about doing it?  That would put a stop to some of the cheating that is ruining the game for me & countless other fans 

15 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Totally agree with this ? I too hate all the play acting and time wasting & would condemn Derby players for doing the same (Unless Derby are 1-0 up in the FA cup final with a few minutes left to play?).

I would bring in a rule that if a player is down injured the clock is stopped until the player leaves the pitch, either on a stretcher or carried off, That would hopefully stop a lot of pretend injuries that we all know happens ?

19 minutes ago, darren22 said:

1. is that not a good thing ?  If penalties were awarded for the blatant manhandling of players in the penalty area then they might think twice about doing it?  That would put a stop to some of the cheating that is ruining the game for me & countless other fans 

Certainly is, But if memory serves...refs were told to keep a close eye on these clashes, I'm pretty sure 1 or 2 pens were given then it all stopped, I'd wager calls were made to the PGMOL and a new diktat was sent out ?‍♀️  

6 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Certainly is, But if memory serves...refs were told to keep a close eye on these clashes, I'm pretty sure 1 or 2 pens were given then it all stopped, I'd wager calls were made to the PGMOL and a new diktat was sent out ?‍♀️  

Seem to remember that happening ! Not sure what can be done about it? But the way it's going on now, its ruining the game & the players & managers all seem to think it's an acceptable part of the game ?

11 minutes ago, darren22 said:

Seem to remember that happening ! Not sure what can be done about it? But the way it's going on now, its ruining the game & the players & managers all seem to think it's an acceptable part of the game ?

There were a couple of examples in the Everton vs Man Utd game yesterday - when the ball came in from an Everton corner there was the most obvious shirt pulling from Shaw - camera was directly on him as he tried to rip the other player's shirt off his back - nothing given, no VAR review, nothing from the commentators....the other one I recall was an Everton forward going up to head the ball as a Utd player grabbed his shirt and pulled him backwards so that he didn't get clear contact on the ball - again, nothing given and the only comment was that the defender had done well to 'put him off'. Until cheating is called out as such by the commentators and ex-players, I can't see it changing. Currently, they all think that a player using the 'dark arts' is being clever rather than ruining the game.....

16 hours ago, Gritstone Ram said:

It's odd how we have this thing where handballs at the top level are almost always given against the defender after VAR; while down in League One, as you say, defenders can wrestle players in the most critical area of the pitch, in a way they could never get away with anywhere else on the pitch!

As for your second question, I'm not sure that's the case, but some players are highly skilled at convincing dives where it suits them to do it (in the penalty area or very close to it... or when facing someone they know to be already on a yellow!) The first pen on Saturday had me fooled completely, watching it live.

6 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

There were a couple of examples in the Everton vs Man Utd game yesterday - when the ball came in from an Everton corner there was the most obvious shirt pulling from Shaw - camera was directly on him as he tried to rip the other player's shirt off his back - nothing given, no VAR review, nothing from the commentators....the other one I recall was an Everton forward going up to head the ball as a Utd player grabbed his shirt and pulled him backwards so that he didn't get clear contact on the ball - again, nothing given and the only comment was that the defender had done well to 'put him off'. Until cheating is called out as such by the commentators and ex-players, I can't see it changing. Currently, they all think that a player using the 'dark arts' is being clever rather than ruining the game.....

It's happening every game now & I for one detest it ?  Not sure how anyone sorts it out now especially as commentators Ex players/ pundits think it's an acceptable part of the "Game", It's not its cheating & should be treated as such ?