Paul Warne appointed as Head Coach

Nuwtfly

24 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What?! I missed the interview, but do you seriously believe the ref cost us the win? They missed 4 gilt-edged chances, we should have been buried.

It’s pretty obvious the point PW was making. We may have been extremely lucky to still be ahead going into the 95th minute but we were. They may have had 4 gilt edged chances but they didn’t score any so, they count for nothing. I’ve not seen the replays and I really don’t subscribe to this conspiracy theory but if it was a shocking penalty decision then the ref did cost us the win. Rovers may have battered us and may have deserved at least a draw but, by all accounts, it was only a poor referee decision that denied us in the end not all of Bristols possession and gilt edged chances.

10 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

It’s pretty obvious the point PW was making. We may have been extremely lucky to still be ahead going into the 95th minute but we were. They may have had 4 gilt edged chances but they didn’t score any so, they count for nothing. I’ve not seen the replays and I really don’t subscribe to this conspiracy theory but if it was a shocking penalty decision then the ref did cost us the win. Rovers may have battered us and may have deserved at least a draw but, by all accounts, it was only a poor referee decision that denied us in the end not all of Bristols possession and gilt edged chances.

The decision could have gone either way, nowhere near as bad as the pen decision at Argyle 🤔

32 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

It’s pretty obvious the point PW was making. We may have been extremely lucky to still be ahead going into the 95th minute but we were. They may have had 4 gilt edged chances but they didn’t score any so, they count for nothing.

Yet we’ve had people claiming all week that the first half against MK Dons was amazing, because we created loads of chances but just couldn’t put them away. You can’t have it both ways.

My head is all over the place.

We can't keep sacking managers, but I am struggling to see anything from Warne to suggest he will be a success.

He reminds me a bit of Pearson, but without the previous premier league experience that proved he had at least something about him, if it wasn't for the fact he was a loon.

The ref didn't cost us the game, the fact we are struggling to finish off games is what is costing us.

We have players who would walk into most league 1 teams and some championship teams, yet our form since Christmas has been abysmal.

He doesn't seem capable of utilisiting tactics to suit the tools at his disposal.

I want him to succeed, its about time we had a manger that stays for years, like Eddie howe at Bournemouth or ginger fella at Burnley, but I just can't see it.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

And yet one thing we've seen from Warne you can get talented players to adapt at this level, who'd have guessed Sibley would look decent at LFB? Each manager achieved reasonable results with the resources available don't you think. Some managers achieved good results, should they all have achieved better then. Our 'itinerant' managers, who of them have gone on to achieve more, Mac perhaps in a different way at Man U? Lampard at Chelsea? Snake at Millwall? Clement? Cocu? 

And imagine if we had kept hold of them for more than 1 season.. give them the chance to build on what they had 

tbh that question re reasonable results with what they had is a sit down over the beer conversation as theres lots of caveats with that statement.. and depends if ur thinking short or long term…take lampard,  short term he did really well to get us so close,some brilliant short term loans obviously.  but permanent signings ie the ones u would have expected to be at the club for the longer term were bloody expensive, bloody shocking and v v costly in the big picture

Edited by NottsRam77

1 hour ago, Kokosnuss said:

Probably not. But we're not playing in the same league and our squad,.despite restrictions, is perfectly capable of a playoff place with the right management ... however ...  not proving yourself as the right manager in your first season doesn't mean you won't in subsequent seasons.

FFS I just wish more than maybe 5 posters were capable of a BALANCED opinion

Sat in the pub in brizzle skimming through this s**** thinking the same thing 😂

Warne Is Clowse man so get behind him, he’s going to be here next year no matter what so actually just back the team, this isn’t his squad nor the formation he wants, I believe with his players and his squad we win this league next year, just back them like we did last year and let’s see, after starting with 5 players it’s mad we are actually fighting with 4 games to go ffs, Warne is the man let’s move forward 

10 minutes ago, duncanjwitham said:

Yet we’ve had people claiming all week that the first half against MK Dons was amazing, because we created loads of chances but just couldn’t put them away. You can’t have it both ways.

I agree but I would be more optimistic if we had been the team creating all the chances today rather than trying to cling onto a flimsy 1-0. The performance tells a story and we’ve had too many off days to say we’re on the up.

43 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I see. But it wasn't a shocking decision, Warne is clutching at straws. White was naïve and fouled the man. 

It wasnt a pen, their guy impeded white , who fell and as he does u can see he catches their guy but the initial point of contact was their guy on white

Tell u now VAR disallows that call by the ref.. after 20 minutes and 342 views of it lol

Edited by NottsRam77

3 minutes ago, Topram said:

Warne Is Clowse man so get behind him, he’s going to be here next year no matter what so actually just back the team, this isn’t his squad nor the formation he wants, I believe with his players and his squad we win this league next year, just back them like we did last year and let’s see, after starting with 5 players it’s mad we are actually fighting with 4 games to go ffs, Warne is the man let’s move forward 

Here f****** here, well said that man 🐏

9 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

My head is all over the place.

We can't keep sacking managers, but I am struggling to see anything from Warne to suggest he will be a success.

He reminds me a bit of Pearson, but without the previous premier league experience that proved he had at least something about him, if it wasn't for the fact he was a loon.

The ref didn't cost us the game, the fact we are struggling to finish off games is what is costing us.

We have players who would walk into most league 1 teams and some championship teams, yet our form since Christmas has been abysmal.

He doesn't seem capable of utilisiting tactics to suit the tools at his disposal.

I want him to succeed, its about time we had a manger that stays for years, like Eddie howe at Bournemouth or ginger fella at Burnley, but I just can't see it.

If you (the royal you, not you specifically) are old enough to remember early jim smith or arthur cox … then you give warne time.

6 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

It wasnt a pen, their guy impeded white , who fell and as he does u can see he catches their guy but the initial point of contact was their guy on white

Tell u now VAR disallows that call by the ref.. after 20 minutes and 342 views of it lol

View it from front on - RamsTV - and it's clear White tries to stop their player getting past/behind him.

11 minutes ago, Topram said:

Exactly!!! There running out of steam simple as! Next season warne will have a pre season with them too!

Doesnt suprise me but cant believe how some fans lay into a manager whos come in without a pre season and cant sign players ffs! You all sound like the arsenal fans calling for arteta to be sacked 🙄! Managers need time! And i dont mean a season! I mean 2 or 3 before they are judged! Clearly if were looking like were going to go down then fair enough pull the trigger but were 7th and after all thats gone on! 

Anyway people are entitled to there opinion and fair enough you pay your money and may see things different! But i dont get it right now! Get behind them, seasons not over! Up the rams 🐏🐏

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

View it from front on - RamsTV - and it's clear White tries to stop their player getting past/behind him.

The fact fans don’t agree on the decision suggests it wasn’t as clear a pen as you thought Macca, as I suggested…..and you responded with a 🤣……🤣

3 hours ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Come on @Millenniumram this ignores the reality of this league. How many other “big” clubs have been relegated to this division and struggled to be promoted, sometimes taking years. It “shouldn’t” be hard to get out of and yet it is.
Therefore as limited as some sides are at this level for quality it is a competitive league in other ways. And it is important context that very few, if any of those clubs, found themselves in the same situation as Derby were last summer. Not excuse making, those are the facts of it. 

Some folk forget we have to play 46 games...wouldn't it be nice if the other 23 teams laid down so we could tickle their bellies 😉

I remember a little fella giving a bigger fella a good hiding once...if only the opposition would play by our rules and not theirs 😁

1 hour ago, duncanjwitham said:

Exactly. You can’t have it both ways. We didn’t deserve to draw against MK, we were robbed. If we’d have hung on today then Bristol would have felt robbed because they were the better team, but over the two games it would be balanced.

The main reason we are not discussing a smash and grab today is due to another horrific refereeing decision, and it is an absolute shocker, and the worst thing is the ref was in no position to be giving that, he f****** guessed!!  Anyone who thinks it’s a penalty my wife is an optician and I can arrange an appointment for you.