Morecambe v Derby (A) Matchday thread

Bwash_Ram

9 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Sibley in a two man midfield sounds let a recipe for disaster with his erm… intelligence. I hope I’m wrong.

Also, 6 subs really slams home the current state of our academy, who seem to be getting battered every week.

Unless we are going 4-4-2

3 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Sibley in and only 6 subs. In other words, 10 players and 6 subs. I really hope he proves me wrong. Not usually one to criticise before a ball has been kicked but just don’t see it. I hoped he would thrive in L1 but still looks out his depth. 

Fast forward 3 hours and I hope the humble pie tastes good. 

I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing to put him in a central position where he really has to be involved. Will be an interesting, er, experiment!

(Fast forward 39 minutes and he collects the fastest ever red for scything down a Morecambe player straight from kick-off)

16 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Sibley in a two man midfield sounds let a recipe for disaster with his erm… intelligence. I hope I’m wrong.

Also, 6 subs really slams home the current state of our academy, who seem to be getting battered every week.

Sibley has got to learn not to give away silly free kicks at some point hopefully tonight he can prove his temperament in midfield.

1 minute ago, jameso said:

I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing to put him in a central position where he really has to be involved. Will be an interesting, er, experiment!

(Fast forward 39 minutes and he collects the fastest ever red for scything down a Morecambe player straight from kick-off)

I suspect it depends what type of game it turns into. If they’re camped on the edge of their box with us trying to break them down for 90 minutes, then Sibley is as good as anyone at pulling a goal out of nowhere. If it turns into a midfield battle, then I’m less convinced.  And if we end up dealing with a lot of breakaways, then I’m concerned.

19 minutes ago, Yani P said:

The wing back thing was a bit strange..as soon as the incident happened the Rams TV commentary team said straight away Sibley will go to wing back as he has been training there all week as an experiment?

Bad decision..

It would be a crazy decision to put Sibley at LWB again instead of at the heart of midfield where he belongs. Let's hope we're sticking with 4-4-2 and he's in the middle with Bird.

39 minutes ago, jameso said:

The only red card in his professional career was for a West Brom simulating a stamp iirc