Morecambe v Derby (A) Matchday thread

Bwash_Ram

2 hours ago, Foreveram said:

Or make sure he gets a yellow at Morecambe and then misses the Torquay match but is back for Liverpool ?

Does that work? If so, absolutely this - bit wait until 89th minute Cash, and make sure it's for time-wasting or something. DON'T GET SENT OFF! ??

5 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Think he might go with Thompson, with Sibbo being held back as an attacking option off the bench.

Osula should be made to watch a video of the game to show him the effort required up front to get a starting berth.

He looked very resigned to a future on the bench, given McGoldrick and Collins’ performances, but he had an excellent opportunity against a woeful Bristol defence, to show how good he can be.

He should be resigned to a future on the bench because of a 19 min sub appearance? Ok then

9 minutes ago, DerbyRevolution said:

He should be resigned to a future on the bench because of a 19 min sub appearance? Ok then

I’m not saying he should be sub or otherwise. I’m merely saying that he looked like a player coming on at 4-1 up, following a class act who had scored a hat-trick.

It struck me (and god forsake I should have an opinion) that he looked like he was thinking what’s the point? McGoldrick and Collins are certain starters now.

He may well have thought nothing of the sort of course, but he jogged about like someone who had played ninety minutes not just a few.

Interesting that Morcambe's only win at home this season came in a game where they had 36% possession and one shot on target. They've got a pretty torrid record overall, don't play with the ball and the only position on the pitch they have the ball more often than their opponent is inside their own box - even then they're the only side in the division not to dominate the ball in the entirety of their own box: 

image.png.212f51b0c58390e694eca2a1f737aeff.png

A win would see us go 6th, so hopefully we don't let the opportunity pass us by. 

Edited by Ambitious

5 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The team will be:

Wildsmith

Smith   Cashin   Forsyth   Roberts

Tommo   Bird

Mendez-Laing   Collins   McGoldrick   Dobbin

Subs: Loach, Oduroh, Rooney, Stearman, Hawkins, Sibley, Osula

Osula will come on for McGoldrick, Rooney on for Tommo, Sibley on for Dobbin.

ITK ? ?

35 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Interesting that Morcambe's only win at home this season came in a game where they had 36% possession and one shot on target. They've got a pretty torrid record overall, don't play with the ball and the only position on the pitch they have the ball more often than their opponent is inside their own box - even then they're the only side in the division not to dominate the ball in the entirety of their own box: 

image.png.212f51b0c58390e694eca2a1f737aeff.png

A win would see us go 6th, so hopefully we don't let the opportunity pass us by. 

Not living up to your name, a 4 goal win would take us to 5th?

14 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

I think we’ll win. And who cares if they beat us at spelling. 

Hope you’re right.

I just hope the attitude is right from kick-off. We got a good win on a day when 

a) Bristol Rovers were off colour 

and

b) McGoldrick had a blinder 

We will need to show the same application as Saturday and hope our makeshift defence holds out.

17 hours ago, Foreveram said:

Not living up to your name, a 4 goal win would take us to 5th?

Yes. Then Portsmouth have morecombe then we have Portsmouth. They’re now owned by a Disney billionaire and are reportedly very well run so maybe a team we’ll be jostling with for promotion. Hope they’re not too busy in Jan. They are not short of money 

Edited by kevinhectoring

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

Hope you’re right.

I just hope the attitude is right from kick-off. We got a good win on a day when 

a) Bristol Rovers were off colour 

and

b) McGoldrick had a blinder 

We will need to show the same application as Saturday and hope our makeshift defence holds out.

That bit is the key. If we play with purpose, pace and aggression then we can beat anyone. If we amble around, pressing without intent to tackle and are static off the ball, then we will get beat.

Tactics, again, are secondary to this. Mentality and application are the first things that need to be right in this league.

1 hour ago, Srg said:

That bit is the key. If we play with purpose, pace and aggression then we can beat anyone. If we amble around, pressing without intent to tackle and are static off the ball, then we will get beat.

Tactics, again, are secondary to this. Mentality and application are the first things that need to be right in this league.

Think you are right it may look like a 3 point shoe in game but look at performances eleswere away have been awful at times .

My concern tonight is i think PW we will go back to a back three and move Corey Smith in to midfield which for me would be a negative step given our performance Saturday