Derby County V WBA Match Ratings

Ellafella

Half  marks allowed; please rate all subs. Closes Thursday @ 18:00. Results  by Thursday 22:00. Average is 6.00. Therefore when a sub steps on the pitch he is on 6 - that's the baseline. 

Wildsmith

Knight

Oduroh

Forsyth

Roberts

Rooney

Korey Smith

Thompson

Dobbin

McGoldrick

Sibley

Subs:

Hourihane

Bird ? 

Collins

Barkhuizen

Wildsmith 8 Made one mistake, but also some really smart saves. The one right at the end was terrific and won us the match.

Knight 8 Enjoyed his run out in midfield. Mr Energy

Oduroh 7.5 A young man not quite there  physically yet, but he bounces back up, chases down, reacts quickest to the loose balls. Played with heart tonight.

Forsyth 7.5 Led his young side well.  A Captain's performance.

Roberts 9 Best game so far in a Derby shirt. He was everywhere  covering that back line in the last twenty minutes. Wanted that win so much.

Rooney 8 Very impressive,  up against some tough players but more than held his own.

Korey Smith 7 Looked fitter tonight and kept going. Improved performance from him.

Thompson 7 Started shakily but grew into the game and second half started to create openings further forward.

Dobbin 7 I like him, great skill on the ball, shooting a bit off but another who ran his (very short) socks off for the team tonight.

McGoldrick 8 Oozes class. Not got full match fitness but can find another Derby player even when flat on his backside. When he gets a run in the first team he will be the difference that gets us into top gear. 

Sibley 9 Very mature performance topped off with a well-taken goal and brought two other smart saves out of the WBA goalie. 

Subs:

Hourihane 7 Mature use of the ball. 

Bird ? 7 Not his game closing down but stuck to the task. 

Collins 7 Worked hard to keep their back line occupied. 

Ellafella - thanks for adding my little ?!

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

Wildsmith 8 Made one mistake, but also some really smart saves. The one right at the end was terrific and won us the match.

Oduroh 7.5 A young man not quite there  physically yet, but he bounces back up, chases down, reacts quickest to the loose balls. Played with heart tonight.

Roberts 9 Best game so far in a Derby shirt. He was everywhere  covering that back line in the last twenty minutes. Wanted that win so much.

Rooney 8 Very impressive,  up against some tough players but more than held his own.

Korey Smith 7 Looked fitter tonight and kept going. Improved performance from him.

Thompson 7 Started shakily but grew into the game and second half started to create openings further forward.

Dobbin 7 I like him, great skill on the ball, shooting a bit off but another who ran his (very short) socks off for the team tonight.

McGoldrick 8 Oozes class. Not got full match fitness but can find another Derby player even when flat on his backside. When he gets a run in the first team he will be the difference that gets us into top gear. 

Sibley 9 Very mature performance topped off with a well-taken goal and brought two other smart saves out of the WBA goalie. 

Subs:

??

51 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Half  marks allowed; please rate all subs. Closes Thursday @ 18:00. Results  by Thursday 22:00. Average is 6.00. Therefore when a sub steps on the pitch he is on 6 - that's the baseline. 

Wildsmith 7.5

Knight 7

Oduroh 6+5

Forsyth 7.5

Roberts 7

Rooney 7.5

Korey Smith 6.5

Thompson 6.5

Dobbin 7

McGoldrick 7.5

Sibley 8

Subs:

Hourihane 6

Bird ? 6

Collins 6

Barkhuizen 6

I wasn't at the game so the lad did these for me 

Wildsmith 7.5

Knight 7.5

Oduroh 7 improved as the game went on, tired and was given a torrid time in the last 10. Not physically ready but promising.

Forsyth  7

Roberts 7

Rooney 7

Korey Smith 7

Thompson 5.5 - gave the ball away time and again, and not just from the stupid passes give to him in the first half which thankfully we stopped doing in the second half

Dobbin 7.5 

McGoldrick 7

Sibley 8

Subs:

Hourihane 6

Bird ? 6

Collins 6

Barkhuizen 6

Wildsmith   7 - Another clean sheet, couple of decent stops.

Knight   7 - Full of running, much happier to see him in midfield.

Oduroh   7 - Better than his run out against Mansfield against better opposition.

Forsyth   7 -  Capt for the night, didn't really put a foot wrong.

Roberts   7 - Good performance, worked hard for the team.

Rooney   7 -  Looks a very good prospect in defence and midfield. Cut price Bielik!

Smith   6 - Better from him, tired as match went on.

Thompson   6 - Better second half after nervy start. 

Dobbin   7 - Took some knocks from WBA as he did at the weekend, pace scares opposition, if he finds an end product he'll be a star!

McGoldrick   7 - Still getting up to speed but showed what he will offer.

Sibley   8  - Threatened throughout the match, could have had a couple.

SUBS:

Hourihane   6 - Neat and tidy, but we could have done with more.

Barkhuizen   6 - Didn't really impact the game when he came on.

Collins   6 - Chased balls, relieved a bit of pressure, no real opportunities

Bird   6 - Little run out to help close out the match

Competent performance, never really looked in trouble.  Would have been nice to score more than one but hopefully saved a few for the weekend.  No one played badly, Sibley edged MoM with his goal and attacking threat but very pleased with Rooney - if he keeps progressing we could have a good player there.  Not sure about the standard of reffing I've seen this season, I know its a mans game (thanks Souness ?) but some of the tackles, especially on Dobbin are a bit OTT.

1 hour ago, Marriot Ram99 said:

Wildsmith 5

Knight 6

Oduroh 7

Forsyth 6

Roberts 7

Rooney 7

Smith 6

Thompson 7

Dobbin 8

Mcgoldrick 8

Sibley 9

Subs 

Bird 6

Hourihane 6

Collins 6

Barkhausen 6

Sorry but how do you give Wildsmith a 5? That’s ridiculous - one error in first half and one poor kick second half yet six shots on target, nothing conceded and pretty commanding. Come on.

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

Sorry but how do you give Wildsmith a 5? That’s ridiculous - one error in first half and one poor kick second half yet six shots on target, nothing conceded and pretty commanding. Come on.

Didn't think he was terrible but thought he was below average today. Made a major thumble which I was behind in the South Stand so had a good view of,  and thought his distribution was also poor as well. 

Made a few good saves but more mistakes than plus points imo, maybe I'm being abit harsh but for me he wasn't great today. 

Wildsmith 7.5

Knight 7

Oduroh 7

Forsyth 7

Roberts 8

Rooney 8

Korey Smith 7

Thompson 7

Dobbin 7

McGoldrick 8

Sibley 8

Subs:

Hourihane 6

Bird ? 6

Collins 6

Barkhuizen 6

9 hours ago, angieram said:

Subs:

Good to hear some of the young uns did well.