Fan behaviour rules

32 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Oh wait I know this one, it’s having an ideology forced on people even if they don’t agree with it, even it doesn’t make sense or even of it isn’t even scientifically correct.  But you must comply otherwise we will say you are not nice to people and we will cancel you. 

No wait it can’t possibly be that, that’s just not nice. 

Not for this tread I guess. So back to the point I really hope that the atmosphere we built up last season continues into this season and isn’t quietened or softened because a small small minority maybe get upset by some naughty words in songs. 

Hello Donald is that you ? 

3 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Hello Donald is that you ? 

It’s no wrong though is it, I’m yet to hear an argument that is………….

7 hours ago, TexasRam said:

Oh wait I know this one, it’s having an ideology forced on people even if they don’t agree with it, even it doesn’t make sense or even of it isn’t even scientifically correct.  But you must comply otherwise we will say you are not nice to people and we will cancel you. 

Just checking - you're saying being more tolerant and understanding of fellow human beings and just being a bit nicer to everyone is an awful ideology? And you're saying it's scientifically provable that being purposefully offensive to other people makes society better?

I'd genuinely like to know because I think it's interesting to hear other people's opinions and try to understand where they're coming from

2 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Just checking - you're saying being more tolerant and understanding of fellow human beings and just being a bit nicer to everyone is an awful ideology? And you're saying it's scientifically provable that being purposefully offensive to other people makes society better?

I'd genuinely like to know because I think it's interesting to hear other people's opinions and try to understand where they're coming from

Im saying having an ideology forced on people where they have to agree with something hiden behind “being nice to someone, more tolerant and more understanding” that they don’t believe in or want too and if they don’t they are cancelled is awful, divides society and makes it worse. 

8 hours ago, Mick Brolly said:

I agree there are some things we could do without at the games but I hope it doesn't end up like a trip to the cinema 

# Pride Park and Prejudiced.
# A Bridge Too VAR.
# Silence of the Rams.
# Rammie get yer gun.
# 20,000 Leagues under the Prem.
# Sheepshag redemption.
# Clowse Encounters
# Jason Knight Rider.
# We Hate Forest Gump.

14 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

# Pride Park and Prejudiced.
# A Bridge Too VAR.
# Silence of the Rams.
# Rammie get yer gun.
# 20,000 Leagues under the Prem.
# Sheepshag redemption.
# Clowse Encounters
# Jason Knight Rider.
# We Hate Forest Gump.

Once upon a Time in the West stand

The Dark Knight

Ramadeus

Rosenoirs Dogs

1 minute ago, ramit said:

Isn't there a herd of elephants in the stadium no one is mentioning? 

How about banning the sale and consumption of alcohol at matches?

I’m not sure how that would help. I suspect most people that are too worse for wear at matches have had most of their drinks before they arrive at the ground. 

5 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I’m not sure how that would help. I suspect most people that are too worse for wear at matches have had most of their drinks before they arrive at the ground. 

I think this is true, and allowing them to have more during the game could only go one way. It's a great pity for the fans who fancy a beer during the game and can handle it, but as ever with English football, we're catering for the lowest common denominator. Myself, I rarely fancy drinking during the game, but I'm sure others would really appreciate having a couple because they may not have the opportunity before and/or after. 

8 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Don't many top off at the stadium to keep the buzz going?

I took my 2 before they started school - over 20 years ago, we all had season tickets . My daughter still has a season ticket with me.

I used to cringe at the language, hand gestures etc when my 2 were young. 

it doesn’t have to be like that, to still be a great atmosphere 

personally I don’t like all the foul language, so clearly I can’t abide abuse either. 

just expressing my views so be nice to me ?

12 minutes ago, ramit said:

Don't many top off at the stadium to keep the buzz going?

Possibly but I strongly suspect the individuals who can’t enjoy football without being drunk drink plenty before they arrive and would just drink more in advance if alcohol wasn’t available in the ground.

11 hours ago, TexasRam said:

No wait it can’t possibly be that, that’s just not nice. 

Not for this tread I guess. So back to the point I really hope that the atmosphere we built up last season continues into this season and isn’t quietened or softened because a small small minority maybe get upset by some naughty words in songs. 

I think most people shut their ears to it anyway, i dont mind swearing ,it when the vile songs start that i cant stand, surley our fans didnt think it was acceptable when opposing fans sang about the phillpot children, so not acceptable we do the same against various players families.

On 27/07/2022 at 09:16, TexasRam said:

Absolute minority, from my experience the boys and girls I know who go and support thier team are maybe a bit loud or sing songs that god forbid have the odd expletive in probably know more about our football club and football in general than most on here. They especially know more than the people who turn up now and again dont want to be offended by any bad language and would rather sit in silence, buy halfscarves and use  clapping sticks or god forbid “hold a can I have your shirt please placard”

But that's the way the game is going,clubs would rather have families attending using clapping sticks etc which brings in more revenue rather than those who cause trouble, times are changing.

25 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

But that's the way the game is going,clubs would rather have families attending using clapping sticks etc which brings in more revenue rather than those who cause trouble, times are changing.

I agree you’re absolutely correct and the those who don’t fit are no longer wanted I get that. Let’s see how that pans out as the atmosphere dies on its arse. The goals seems to be a soccer aid type event crowd each week, it won’t be sustainable. Look at the attendances in the North V south stand week in week out, it tells me which people prefer. 

2 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I agree you’re absolutely correct and the those who don’t fit are no longer wanted I get that. Let’s see how that pans out as the atmosphere dies on its arse. The goals seems to be a soccer aid type event crowd each week, it won’t be sustainable. Look at the attendances in the North V south stand week in week out, it tells me which people prefer. 

There will still be an atmosphere, just a different way of creating that atmosphere. What some consider banter and goading some consider otherwise. The banter nowadays seems more personal,yes i have stood on the popside chanting at away supporters they were going home in an ambulance etc.

As others have posted it doesn't happen in other sports and the tribalism is still there.

My take is that it’s more joyous to sing in praise of your own team. We’re supposed to be supporting our players and songs denigrating the opposition won’t do that.

Just need a bit more variety. 

Even simple stuff like Hey Jude with the title replaced by Derby.

No limits sung to the tune go go go go go go go Derby County 

I’ll fetch me coat.

1 hour ago, atherstoneram said:

As others have posted it doesn't happen in other sports and the tribalism is still there

Not one other sport has an atmosphere comparable to football, not one.