Fan behaviour rules

8 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Absolute minority, from my experience the boys and girls I know who go and support thier team are maybe a bit loud or sing songs that god forbid have the odd expletive in probably know more about our football club and football in general than most on here. They especially know more than the people who turn up now and again dont want to be offended by any bad language and would rather sit in silence, buy halfscarves and use  clapping sticks or god forbid “hold a can I have your shirt please placard”

Think you are being a bit rude in some of your remarks here, my dad is 95 ,cant attend now, but he was never a singer when he went, but he loved football. Was he less of a fan than the ones who sing vile songs at opposing players.

3 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

Think you are being a bit rude in some of your remarks here, my dad is 95 ,cant attend now, but he was never a singer when he went, but he loved football. Was he less of a fan than the ones who sing vile songs at opposing players.

I didn’t say he was less of a fan.  If you read it properly my reply was to a post saying people who do sing those songs etc etc know nothing about football and are not a fan, which is not a correct assumption. 

1 hour ago, Kathcairns said:

In the 40's and 50's and mostly 60's grounds were packed with working class fans, no trouble then. It all came in the seventies. If you watch old films the atmosphere was brilliant, rattles and everything, so really you dont need foul and abusive songs and chants at matches.

My husband said that (I didn't get to games that early). 

Nearly all males, but there was none of this abuse, just getting behind your team. 

And I do go to games home and away, just don't see why I should have to put up with the abusive stuff. 

On 25/07/2022 at 21:27, Gaspode said:

I was subjected to a police dog shoving its nose into my groin when we played Stoke a couple of years ago. I thought it was just being friendly so I reached down to scratch it’s head only to be given a right telling off by the accompanying bolshy policewoman. Perhaps if she’d explained it was a sniffer dog and asked if I minded being searched I might have reacted more favourably….

That's part and parcel of security at football matches, normally sniffers are not trained to be aggressive, that is of course unless you show aggression towards the handler.  The dog was just checking which clan you were from..... ?

On 25/07/2022 at 22:40, uttoxram75 said:

Security, stewards and Police know the games which have higher risk of pyros, they take a decision not to search. Its all too much hassle to actually do summat nowadays. Thats why they make new laws, instead of enforcing current ones, to make them look like they're doing summat.

Notts police have known for years that the residents of that stand above the away end will throw things at the fans below them but someone, I presume the match day commander, has taken the decision to allow it. New rules or laws won't stop it, throwing people out and arresting them will.

Its the reason I do not go to Forest away, odur urine is not my favourite aftershave.........

Edited by RAM1966

6 hours ago, TexasRam said:

I didn’t say he was less of a fan.  If you read it properly my reply was to a post saying people who do sing those songs etc etc know nothing about football and are not a fan, which is not a correct assumption. 

But you are assuming people who go occassionally, dont like swearing buy half and half scarves are not real fans and know nothing about football, how do you come to that conclusion.

35 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

But you are assuming people who go occassionally, dont like swearing buy half and half scarves are not real fans and know nothing about football, how do you come to that conclusion.

I am and I believe the assumption (apart from the don’t like swearing bit) is fairly accurate that those who attend games infrequent/turn up for the big games only don’t understand the culture of the game as much of those who turn up week in week out. Moreover anyone buying a half scarf shouldn’t not be allowed anywhere near a football ground imo 

7 hours ago, I am Ram said:

I must be in the minority on here, i enjoy the banter at the football.

Presumably you were not one of the fans then, who seemed to get upset by  Leicester fans singing songs with factually incorrect lyrics. That's even if they understood what was being sung!  I mean , who would get upset over such a thing? 

I've never actually gone home in an ambulance, but it didn't bother me. I was quite pleased about it.

4 hours ago, TexasRam said:

I am and I believe the assumption (apart from the don’t like swearing bit) is fairly accurate that those who attend games infrequent/turn up for the big games only don’t understand the culture of the game as much of those who turn up week in week out. Moreover anyone buying a half scarf shouldn’t not be allowed anywhere near a football ground imo 

4 hours ago, TexasRam said:

Have you considered that a lot of people cannot afford to go to many matches( i was one in late seventies when my children were small). So of course they are going to make the most of the matches they can go to.  Dont think you should class people as being real fans on wether they go to matches or not, thats all im trying to say.

23 hours ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

The atmosphere at the ladies semi is fantastic, loads of ladies and kids, everybody supporting the team, no chanting towards the opposition fans,  no taunting, no running on the pitch, no flares, no chanting about fxxxxing bouncing. It’s brilliant to see ?

Are you sure you were at a football match.

42 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

Have you considered that a lot of people cannot afford to go to many matches( i was one in late seventies when my children were small). So of course they are going to make the most of the matches they can go to.  Dont think you should class people as being real fans on wether they go to matches or not, thats all im trying to say.

Ok that’s fair enough 

9 hours ago, Seaside Ram said:

It's just a snowflake ,woke world now and it’s only going one way ! 

Oh wait I know this one - is it a fairer and more tolerant world where everyone is a bit more understanding and generally nicer to people who are different than they are? 

No wait, can't possibly be that it sounds way too 'woke'

14 hours ago, ketteringram said:

Presumably you were not one of the fans then, who seemed to get upset by  Leicester fans singing songs with factually incorrect lyrics. That's even if they understood what was being sung!  I mean , who would get upset over such a thing? 

I've never actually gone home in an ambulance, but it didn't bother me. I was quite pleased about it.

No it didn't bother me, i enjoy it, but understand banter can go too far.

38 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Oh wait I know this one - is it a fairer and more tolerant world where everyone is a bit more understanding and generally nicer to people who are different than they are? 

No wait, can't possibly be that it sounds way too 'woke'

Oh wait I know this one, it’s having an ideology forced on people even if they don’t agree with it, even it doesn’t make sense or even of it isn’t even scientifically correct.  But you must comply otherwise we will say you are not nice to people and we will cancel you. 

No wait it can’t possibly be that, that’s just not nice. 

Not for this tread I guess. So back to the point I really hope that the atmosphere we built up last season continues into this season and isn’t quietened or softened because a small small minority maybe get upset by some naughty words in songs.