Fan behaviour rules

10 minutes ago, David said:

People are free to do what they like in their spare time I agree, yet if it’s illegal, they run the risk of criminal action. Cocaine is currently a class A drug. 

Same way you are free to drive 150mph up the motorway, and the Police are free to fine and take your licence away.

Cocaine and football is a bad bad mix, the tribal nature of the game, the banter, goading one another, it’s the fuel that sees younger fans cross the line that they wouldn’t without the powder up their noses. We’re not talking about Ecstasy which would fans gurning and hugging strangers in the toilets, it’s youngsters thinking they are Conor McGregor.  

If I was to identify a bunch of guys that go round delivering presents at Christmas, I would say they wear a red suit, have a white beard and carrying a large sack.

Same way as the Stone Island badge will be in frame when you see the types of behaviour frowned at football matches.

I’am sure there are many law abiding citizens that have been wearing Stone Island for years that will take offence, for those I apologise, it’s not fair or right you are judged by what you wear, unfortunately the badge has been adopted as the uniform of those that believe they have bought their ticket so can do what they like attitude, F the rest of you.

It’s there every time.

I am disappointed you feel you are unable to join in with pitch invasions given your lofty position in the ground, you wouldn’t see Bear Grylls say no I don’t fancy that, I’ll call an Uber and get a lift down there. Wear plenty of jackets, tie knots in the sleeves making a long rope you can shimmy down.

It’s fans like you that will ruin the atmosphere, not joining in with the fun!

Don’t forget, get the badge in! ?

You’re apology is accepted and so do the smartly dressed Italian shoppers whom didn’t look like they had seen a punch up even in the telly (they weee far too good looking for that) who where buying there items from the same shop in Verona last week as myself ?

Ill find away to get down there, it might just be a little delayed compared to the rest of the ground, just don’t pull the crossbar down until I get there please ? 

1 minute ago, TexasRam said:

You’re apology is accepted and so do the smartly dressed Italian shoppers whom didn’t look like they had seen a punch up even in the telly (they weee far too good looking for that) who where buying there items from the same shop in Verona last week as myself ?

Ill find away to get down there, it might just be a little delayed compared to the rest of the ground, just don’t pull the crossbar down until I get there please ? 

Long way to go, couldn't you have just nipped down Sadlergate, or even eBay has some genuine jackets for £25

11 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

Would you say the same about cokeheads if it was your child. What you want to do in your spare time is up to you. Dont think so( hope you wouldnt).

I don’t say the same to my children, but these aren’t my children and I’m not there to tell them what to do. If that’s their choice who am I to intervene. I’m not their parent, carer or part of the Police force.  

Just now, David said:

Long way to go, couldn't you have just nipped down Sadlergate, or even eBay has some genuine jackets for £25

It would of been a longer journey to go to Sadlergate beings I was in Italy. Anyhow the shop was nice and thought why not. 

6 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Unfortunately, when their spare time involves mixing with other people, it stops being a matter of individual choice. Some users get very aggressive and that mixed with other drugs and/or heavy alcohol use is a recipe for trouble. That's the problem (and I won't even go into the death and misery that the drugs trade causes at every point on the chain of production and sale). 

Agree but again their choice and not a lot you or I can do about it (is my general point anyway) 

6 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I don’t say the same to my children, but these aren’t my children and I’m not there to tell them what to do. If that’s their choice who am I to intervene. I’m not their parent, carer or part of the Police force.  

You cant condone drugs just because they are not your children. They are someones child. I feel sorry for  the drugtakers because they get into it when in their teens then its just a downwards spiral and cant get out of it without a lot of help.

Just now, Kathcairns said:

You cant condone drugs just because they are not your children. They are someones child. I feel sorry for  the drugtakers because they get into it when in their teens then its just a downwards spiral and cant get out of it without a lot of help.

I’m not condoning it, I said that’s their choice not mine and not my responsibility to manage their choice. 

8 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I’m not condoning it, I said that’s their choice not mine and not my responsibility to manage their choice. 

You are correct, although surely you must understand others will have an opinion.

Did you have one on Adam Johnson, or is that it's his and hers choice?

What we're talking about isn't just some petty club rule like no fan can chew chewing gum inside the stadium.

It's a class A drug where even possession can land them in prison or fine with a criminal record.

It's a class A drug that makes them think they are super soldiers that can do as they please.

It creates muppets that can threaten the safety of others.

Fair play, it's their life, their body, they want to take the risk go for it. But you can't expect others to not sit here condemn it.

Just now, David said:

You are correct, although surely you must understand others will have an opinion.

Did you have one on Adam Johnson, or is that it's his and hers choice?

What we're talking about isn't just some petty club rule like no fan can chew chewing gum inside the stadium.

It's a class A drug where even possession can land them in prison or fine with a criminal record.

It's a class A drug that makes them think they are super soldiers that can do as they please.

It creates muppets that can threaten the safety of others.

Fair play, it's their life, their body, they want to take the risk go for it. But you can't expect others to not sit here condemn it.

I expect everyone to condemn it, however I’m fairly certain some who do will be a little hypocritical.

My point which I’m struggling to see isn’t clear is unless you are a law enforcement officer then there is not a lot you can do if someone decides to take that path as that’s their choice. Unless however they are you Son/daughter, spouse other relative where you have some influence a friend or an employer with a zero policy it who tests for it.

1 minute ago, TexasRam said:

I expect everyone to condemn it, however I’m fairly certain some who do will be a little hypocritical.

My point which I’m struggling to see isn’t clear is unless you are a law enforcement officer then there is not a lot you can do if someone decides to take that path as that’s their choice. Unless however they are you Son/daughter, spouse other relative where you have some influence a friend or an employer with a zero policy it who tests for it.

If that's your point then there is no argument to be had. I don't think however anyone is sat here saying they will or can do anything about it.

Simply agreeing that it's something that needs to be tackled by the governing bodies and clubs.

We now have a policy in place where a lifetime ban can be issued, that's not us, yet as a fellow fan I find it hard to disagree with.

Let's be honest though, a 21 year old fan issued a lifetime ban will enter Pride Park again with no problems via tickets purchased by mates.

Whilst it's intended as a deterrent, we don't have any kind of facial recognition technology that will deny entrance.

What is needed is proper Police action, only they can truly punish fans.

On 25/07/2022 at 21:16, Rev said:

"This includes working with social media platforms to establish new ways of quicker removal of fan-generated videos of illegal behaviour at football matches, including violent offences and pitch invasions." 

How will this work?

It's not illegal to film such incidents, as far as I'm aware, so why should social media platforms remove them?  

As for the sniffer dogs, who's going to operate them, the clubs or the police?

I'm sure there are already laws around the possession and use of illegal substances, maybe the police could try enforcing them every once in a while, rather than looking the other way for an easy life.

I was doing a presentation on the pitch at Mansfield Town last season (part of my job) as a guest of the club - they were playing FGR at home and yes, I got the once over from the sniffer dog, even in corporate uniform, going into the prawn sarnie section of the ground.  It's not unusual and (I think) a great idea.

It will help alleviate the pyro chuckers and Charlie sniffers from football and the hounds get a good bit of practice in for more serious situations while they're about it!

• 2 weeks later...