Fan behaviour rules

17 hours ago, TexasRam said:

Im saying having an ideology forced on people where they have to agree with something hiden behind “being nice to someone, more tolerant and more understanding” that they don’t believe in or want too and if they don’t they are cancelled is awful, divides society and makes it worse. 

I genuinely don't understand what you're talking about now unless what you're defending is the right to use hate speech - Are you saying people have the right to abuse others based on the way they look or the way they act or the groups that they're part of? 

No one can legislate against what people think but they can about the way people choose to act - the football league have decided that certain actions are unacceptable in football society to make the experience better for the whole - I assume you'll quote the rights of the individual but we aren't individuals, we're a society and if you want to participate then you have to follow the rules - I don't like some of them but I understand there's compromise so that I can watch my team and get a beer and chat with other Derby fans  

18 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I genuinely don't understand what you're talking about now unless what you're defending is the right to use hate speech - Are you saying people have the right to abuse others based on the way they look or the way they act or the groups that they're part of? 

No one can legislate against what people think but they can about the way people choose to act - the football league have decided that certain actions are unacceptable in football society to make the experience better for the whole - I assume you'll quote the rights of the individual but we aren't individuals, we're a society and if you want to participate then you have to follow the rules - I don't like some of them but I understand there's compromise so that I can watch my team and get a beer and chat with other Derby fans  

I didn’t say I wouldn’t follow them, I love going to the football and long may it continue. Do I agree with them all, no. Do i think we are trying to sterilise the atmosphere to placate the minority that get upset to easy, yes. 

I’m not saying anyone should be abused for anything,  not at all. I’m saying some people have different views on things and both should be respected, which currently I don’t believe with the woke agenda they are, it’s one way and that’s it. 

I think the last paragraph  is something we be both have in common so we’ve found happy ground. COYR

2 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

But that's the way the game is going,clubs would rather have families attending using clapping sticks etc which brings in more revenue rather than those who cause trouble, times are changing.

Anything that kids love is fine by me. I liked the rattles and gas canisters that hooted, but not safe now with some of the idiots you get at games.

2 hours ago, TexasRam said:

I agree you’re absolutely correct and the those who don’t fit are no longer wanted I get that. Let’s see how that pans out as the atmosphere dies on its arse. The goals seems to be a soccer aid type event crowd each week, it won’t be sustainable. Look at the attendances in the North V south stand week in week out, it tells me which people prefer. 

You have got to have a stand where families go, and there are alot of families that go to derby. I wouldnt take my grandchildren in the south stand, and children are the future fans dont forget.

2 hours ago, TexasRam said:

I agree you’re absolutely correct and the those who don’t fit are no longer wanted I get that. Let’s see how that pans out as the atmosphere dies on its arse. The goals seems to be a soccer aid type event crowd each week, it won’t be sustainable. Look at the attendances in the North V south stand week in week out, it tells me which people prefer. 

By the way im not into the woke lot, im in my seventies, we just use commin sense?

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

Texas, mate. There's a reason why sounds like Trump.

8 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

You have got to have a stand where families go, and there are alot of families that go to derby. I wouldnt take my grandchildren in the south stand, and children are the future fans dont forget.

Agree, I’m a ex key clubber and still going ?…….I think my point was (and probably not articulated very well) more people would rather have a ground full of an atmosphere akin to the South stand rather than the North Stand, hence let’s not turn the whole ground into a North Stand like atmosphere. 

Can’t stand the term “woke”, overused now as a way of dismissing someone’s opinion.

It’s not woke to not want to be surrounded by huge clouds of toxic smoke.

It’s not woke to disagree with fans running on to the pitch, fans that in recent seasons have started to attack the players we pay to see.

It’s not woke to not want to be surrounded by coke heads.

It’s also not woke to hold the opinion our songs and chants would be better if they supported the team rather than abused the opposition or even ex players that haven’t even played for over 20 years. Yes I’m talking about Stan Collymore, the guy we sing about randomly in games where even the opposition have no connections to Collymore which I just find utterly bizarre.

The game has changed, we do have more families and women attending games now that enjoy the game and want to do so in a safe environment.

I couldn’t tell you want the atmospheres were like in the 70s or 80s, it’s not the Baseball Ground and I have never been chased or chased opposition fans down the streets of Pride Park but I can tell you that even last season at times I had goosebumps.

We haven’t had atmospheres like it since 13/14, it’s not hard to see the connection between 13/14 and 21/22.

The fans were united, together.

So rather than alienate sections of the fanbase, why not continue to create an atmosphere that ALL fans can enjoy and get behind the team.

Regardless of the lyrics, the South Stand can look and sound great in full voice singing about Stan Collymore, although doesn’t come close to when the whole ground is rocking to a chant that even those enjoying a picnic in the West Stand, or the families over in the North stand join in.

Again, not a woke view. 

13 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Agree, I’m a ex key clubber and still going ?…….I think my point was (and probably not articulated very well) more people would rather have a ground full of an atmosphere akin to the South stand rather than the North Stand, hence let’s not turn the whole ground into a North Stand like atmosphere. 

Dont think that will ever happen at any ground, because we all like to let off steam and football grounds are the only place we can do it. Just be sensible about it.?

17 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I sit with 5 of my family in the north east corner, and we all sing and shout same as a lot round us do.

39 minutes ago, David said:

Can’t stand the term “woke”, overused now as a way of dismissing someone’s opinion.

It’s not woke to not want to be surrounded by huge clouds of toxic smoke.

It’s not woke to disagree with fans running on to the pitch, fans that in recent seasons have started to attack the players we pay to see.

It’s not woke to not want to be surrounded by coke heads.

It’s also not woke to hold the opinion our songs and chants would be better if they supported the team rather than abused the opposition or even ex players that haven’t even played for over 20 years. Yes I’m talking about Stan Collymore, the guy we sing about randomly in games where even the opposition have no connections to Collymore which I just find utterly bizarre.

The game has changed, we do have more families and women attending games now that enjoy the game and want to do so in a safe environment.

I couldn’t tell you want the atmospheres were like in the 70s or 80s, it’s not the Baseball Ground and I have never been chased or chased opposition fans down the streets of Pride Park but I can tell you that even last season at times I had goosebumps.

We haven’t had atmospheres like it since 13/14, it’s not hard to see the connection between 13/14 and 21/22.

The fans were united, together.

So rather than alienate sections of the fanbase, why not continue to create an atmosphere that ALL fans can enjoy and get behind the team.

Regardless of the lyrics, the South Stand can look and sound great in full voice singing about Stan Collymore, although doesn’t come close to when the whole ground is rocking to a chant that even those enjoying a picnic in the West Stand, or the families over in the North stand join in.

Again, not a woke view. 

It’s shouldn’t also be demonised to think that the odd pyrotechnic (which personally I’m not a fan of), pitch invasion or a less than happy clapping atmosphere in a ground is ok. 

Unfortunately I have some friends from down the road, they say the best night they have had in a ground ever was the playoff semi final win and the elation at the final whistle and impending pitch invasion, something they will remember for ever. The same is said from Rams fans after the win against Southampton and Palace at the BBG.

Lets have a look at one of the most iconic rams fans pictures in recent times of the Fans outside the ground cheering on the team before the Sheff Wednesday game. Fans supporting there teams with banners and flares going off, is there a problem with that.

Lastly imagine a home game against a local rival and the atmosphere is turned up a notice, opposition players getting stick  with the odd bit of bad language thrown in making them feel uncomfortable. Is this now wrong?

The new rules are the new rules and we must obey, however I think it’ll come at a cost to the atmosphere in our grounds and to the detriment of the game we all love. I would hate to see it turned into a day out at the cinema, it’s never had been and should never be like that. 

6 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

It’s shouldn’t also be demonised to think that the odd pyrotechnic (which personally I’m not a fan of), pitch invasion or a less than happy clapping atmosphere in a ground is ok. 

Unfortunately I have some friends from down the road, they say the best night they have had in a ground ever was the playoff semi final win and the elation at the final whistle and impending pitch invasion, something they will remember for ever. The same is said from Rams fans after the win against Southampton and Palace at the BBG.

Lets have a look at one of the most iconic rams fans pictures in recent times of the Fans outside the ground cheering on the team before the Sheff Wednesday game. Fans supporting there teams with banners and flares going off, is there a problem with that.

Lastly imagine a home game against a local rival and the atmosphere is turned up a notice, opposition players getting stick  with the odd bit of bad language thrown in making them feel uncomfortable. Is this now wrong?

The new rules are the new rules and we must obey, however I think it’ll come at a cost to the atmosphere in our grounds and to the detriment of the game we all love. I would hate to see it turned into a day out at the cinema, it’s never had been and should never be like that. 

Chucking pyro around in a crowd, or at the playing field, isn't safe, that's why the authorities want it stopped. I don't particularly want to lose an eye or suffer third degree burns either, so I'm with them on that initiative. 

I'd prefer it if our chants were supportive and/or humorous, but have no problem with obscenities per se, though I sympathise with parents who are reluctant to bring their kids because our most popular chants involve some of the "worst" swear words. But that's almost impossible to police, so you needn't worry about those being banned. Derogatory chants that are discriminatory against minorities though? No thanks, one of the worst aspects of football in the 60s-80s and I don't want to see any let up on those. 

20 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

With regards to pitch invasions, it’s the minority that have ruined those by attacking players on the pitch. Had it not been for those idiots, we wouldn’t be having this discussion now. Of course the scenes of jubilation are great, as you say there are some iconic photos and moments with fans on the pitch, the club even using them at times.

When do clubs react to the world today, do we need to see the first player stabbed before taking action? Sadly it’s inevitable with the way things are, back when I was young it was all about your fists, now they are arming themselves with weapons that can kill. Social media a breeding ground for lunatics to make a name for themselves. Players should be allowed to feel safe on the pitch as a bare minimum.

The chants and songs, I’m not arguing for ruling out any chants at all to the opposition players, just feel that we should weight them more heavily in support of our team. Even the generic support chants are better than the generic X place is a poo hole, I want to go home type chant.

Still yet to hear any argument for the Stan Collymore chant, I mean if he’s there in the ground working with TV/Radio, I would get it, but no doubt it will get an airing tomorrow in a game where there is no connection at all, it’s just a weird weird weird selection to add into the weekly mix.

Whilst I don’t agree with singing the German Bombers song the other week, at least there is an argument to be made it’s at least relevant in we were playing a German club.

Finally is there really a need for coke heads, flares and some tool in a Stone Island jacket legging it on to the pitch to sucker punch the keeper from behind to build an atmosphere? Is that where football is at now? You can’t really think we would lose something for clamping down on these?

There maybe allowances made come the end of the season for large scale invasions in celebration, the second we see scenes like we did at the City Ground again though I suspect there will be heavy punishments for clubs which may even see cages brought back for big games where there is the potential of an invasion.

2 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Derogatory chants that are discriminatory against minorities though?

I think that’s a given those isn’t it, they should not be tolerated at all and fingers crossed are becoming history. 

13 minutes ago, David said:

With regards to pitch invasions, it’s the minority that have ruined those by attacking players on the pitch. Had it not been for those idiots, we wouldn’t be having this discussion now. Of course the scenes of jubilation are great, as you say there are some iconic photos and moments with fans on the pitch, the club even using them at times.

When do clubs react to the world today, do we need to see the first player stabbed before taking action? Sadly it’s inevitable with the way things are, back when I was young it was all about your fists, now they are arming themselves with weapons that can kill. Social media a breeding ground for lunatics to make a name for themselves. Players should be allowed to feel safe on the pitch as a bare minimum.

The chants and songs, I’m not arguing for ruling out any chants at all to the opposition players, just feel that we should weight them more heavily in support of our team. Even the generic support chants are better than the generic X place is a poo hole, I want to go home type chant.

Still yet to hear any argument for the Stan Collymore chant, I mean if he’s there in the ground working with TV/Radio, I would get it, but no doubt it will get an airing tomorrow in a game where there is no connection at all, it’s just a weird weird weird selection to add into the weekly mix.

Whilst I don’t agree with singing the German Bombers song the other week, at least there is an argument to be made it’s at least relevant in we were playing a German club.

Finally is there really a need for coke heads, flares and some tool in a Stone Island jacket legging it on to the pitch to sucker punch the keeper from behind to build an atmosphere? Is that where football is at now? You can’t really think we would lose something for clamping down on these?

There maybe allowances made come the end of the season for large scale invasions in celebration, the second we see scenes like we did at the City Ground again though I suspect there will be heavy punishments for clubs which may even see cages brought back for big games where there is the potential of an invasion.

I get the caution on pitch invasions for the reason you state. Don’t see it happening personally, but I get it. 

on the Collymore song, I don’t care either way really, sing it don’t song it, I couldn’t care less. The German bomber song that was sung, so what no harm caused and some of the reactions on this forum where laughable. 

Your comment on coke heads, again not for me but if that’s what someone wants to do in their spare time that’s up to them and not for me to police. I think your comment on the items people wear is a bit how can I put it, snobbish, Elitist and discriminatory. Tarring everyone with the same brush because of what they wear is poor at  best. Going on the pitch and attacking players we can agree is stupid and of course not wanted. 

As per your last comment, I hope the rules are relaxed at the end of the season because I’d love to be on the pitch when we win league one, however making down from the SW upper would be a challenge for me. 

Just now, TexasRam said:

I get the caution on pitch invasions for the reason you state. Don’t see it happening personally, but I get it. 

on the Collymore song, I don’t care either way really, sing it don’t song it, I couldn’t care less. The German bomber song that was sung, so what no harm caused and some of the reactions on this forum where laughable. 

Your comment on coke heads, again not for me but if that’s what someone wants to do in their spare time that’s up to them and not for me to police. I think your comment on the items people wear is a bit how can I put it, snobbish, Elitist and discriminatory. Tarring everyone with the same brush because of what they wear is poor at  best. Going on the pitch and attacking players we can agree is stupid and of course not wanted. 

As per your last comment, I hope the rules are relaxed at the end of the season because I’d love to be on the pitch when we win league one, however making down from the SW upper would be a challenge for me. 

People are free to do what they like in their spare time I agree, yet if it’s illegal, they run the risk of criminal action. Cocaine is currently a class A drug. 

Same way you are free to drive 150mph up the motorway, and the Police are free to fine and take your licence away.

Cocaine and football is a bad bad mix, the tribal nature of the game, the banter, goading one another, it’s the fuel that sees younger fans cross the line that they wouldn’t without the powder up their noses. We’re not talking about Ecstasy which would fans gurning and hugging strangers in the toilets, it’s youngsters thinking they are Conor McGregor.  

If I was to identify a bunch of guys that go round delivering presents at Christmas, I would say they wear a red suit, have a white beard and carrying a large sack.

Same way as the Stone Island badge will be in frame when you see the types of behaviour frowned at football matches.

I’am sure there are many law abiding citizens that have been wearing Stone Island for years that will take offence, for those I apologise, it’s not fair or right you are judged by what you wear, unfortunately the badge has been adopted as the uniform of those that believe they have bought their ticket so can do what they like attitude, F the rest of you.

It’s there every time.

I am disappointed you feel you are unable to join in with pitch invasions given your lofty position in the ground, you wouldn’t see Bear Grylls say no I don’t fancy that, I’ll call an Uber and get a lift down there. Wear plenty of jackets, tie knots in the sleeves making a long rope you can shimmy down.

It’s fans like you that will ruin the atmosphere, not joining in with the fun!

Don’t forget, get the badge in! ?

22 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Would you say the same about cokeheads if it was your child. What you want to do in your spare time is up to you. Dont think so( hope you wouldnt).

29 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Your comment on coke heads, again not for me but if that’s what someone wants to do in their spare time that’s up to them

Unfortunately, when their spare time involves mixing with other people, it stops being a matter of individual choice. Some users get very aggressive and that mixed with other drugs and/or heavy alcohol use is a recipe for trouble. That's the problem (and I won't even go into the death and misery that the drugs trade causes at every point on the chain of production and sale).