Amadou Diallo

nogbad van 50

39 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

I thought he showed some promise to be honest. Looked really quick and skilful and put in a delicious cross. Everyone was bad yesterday and I would defiantly play him against Leicester where he'll get a bit more time to show what he's made of

I hope we will put out as close to our starting 11 as possible against Leicester. Not play another trialist.

Delicious cross? It was pulled behind Stretton on the floor if thats the one your thinking off? It was good play yes, but delicious? hhmm.

He didn't impress for me, but as said neither did anyone. The problem will Diallo and anyone else coming in, they have very big boots to fill from Ebiowei and pre January Ebosele. All these young wingers will always be compared against them, the stage has been set and they have to perform to the high standards we now expect. Granted, this is a high pressure environment, but we have shown to be the club to give the youth chances and a place where the youth can prosper.

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

I hope we will put out as close to our starting 11 as possible against Leicester. Not play another trialist.

Delicious cross? It was pulled behind Stretton on the floor if thats the one your thinking off? It was good play yes, but delicious? hhmm.

The cross that was whipped at a good height and on the penalty spot. It couldn't get much better. Someone should have been there and its an easy goal

1 hour ago, EnigmaRam said:

We’re a div 1 team, with 2 recognised wide players. People really turning their nose up at this lad after 45 mins of play time?! If we’re picking people on last nights performance we really would be back to a 5 a side team as most were very poor. 

I agree most were very poor but this was a big opportunity to show what he could do. Motivation should have been sky high. .....Didnt come over that way to me.

15 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I agree most were very poor but this was a big opportunity to show what he could do. Motivation should have been sky high. .....Didnt come over that way to me.

He looked pretty willing to get on the ball to me, and take the fullback on. Not an outrageous success, but we need players for the u21s and I thought he had plenty of pace and ability on the ball. 

Don't forget, for all the entertainment he provided us, Ebiowei still lacked much of an end product and this lad might just need time to settle. 45 minutes with relative strangers on a night where they all looked like they'd only met at kickoff is a tough ask. 

14 minutes ago, Crewton said:

He looked pretty willing to get on the ball to me, and take the fullback on. Not an outrageous success, but we need players for the u21s and I thought he had plenty of pace and ability on the ball. 

Don't forget, for all the entertainment he provided us, Ebiowei still lacked much of an end product and this lad might just need time to settle. 45 minutes with relative strangers on a night where they all looked like they'd only met at kickoff is a tough ask. 

Ebosele lacked end product, Ebiowei didn't...