Away Tickets - 2022/23

Foreveram

21 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Just looking at the tickets - if I want to buy a ticket for Derby v Grimsby next week, I'm paying a £1 booking fee online for the priviledge of printing out on a piece of paper.

I appreciate its a way of the club generating revenue which they don't have to share - but its a bit of a con. A 10% uplift on the price.

So basically £11 to go to Derby v Grimsby - I'm not actually convinced its worth the money!

Derby are probably restricted by some kind of rule which states an adult minimum price is a tenner, but its a little disappointing. I'd like to see adult prices being a fiver as well!

It's no different to booking a concert or play via Ticketmaster for example. Some of the additional fees for concerts are outrageous. 

I think our ticketing platform is run by Seatgeek? The £1 is probably their cut. 

Edited by DenbyRam

45 minutes ago, angieram said:

A similar trip to the cinema is £10 plus these days.

I think £10 is good value, though I do agree about the £1 for printing it ourselves.

Alfreton charge £15 for adults, that's non-league. 

I understand your point but I don't go the cinema every week....

Or maybe at least something like a £5 fee for ST holders...

46 minutes ago, DenbyRam said:

It's no different to booking a concert or play via Ticketmaster for example. Some of the additional fees for concerts are outrageous. 

I think our ticketing platform is run by Seatgeek? The £1 is probably their cut. 

Fair point - I'm not sure they would take that much but possibly half of it for each booking made.

I think the other point certainly for Cup Games is that its non shared revenue.

I also think £2 for postage when a first class stamp is £0.95 is a little wrong as well!

3 hours ago, rammieib said:

Fair point - I'm not sure they would take that much but possibly half of it for each booking made.

I think the other point certainly for Cup Games is that its non shared revenue.

I also think £2 for postage when a first class stamp is £0.95 is a little wrong as well!

I initially thought post cost high, but tbf it is packaging and postage costs ...costs are incurred by the club in terms of ‘manhours’ preparing envelopes, inserting tickets etc etc 

2 hours ago, Grumpy Git said:

Anyone know why the gap between 5+ and 'ordinary' away members is only 24 hours (but all others remain at 48 hrs)?

Guessing but a mix between there (probably) going to be fewer tickets left to sell and amount of time between then and match day

On 24/08/2022 at 19:20, SandiacreRam said:

I initially thought post cost high, but tbf it is packaging and postage costs ...costs are incurred by the club in terms of ‘manhours’ preparing envelopes, inserting tickets etc etc 

A generic overhead for me, rather than fleecing the fans for it. For instance, what do these employees do the rest of the time or in summer months when there are no tickets to insert into an envelope?

Ultimately - its a business decision on risk - will we lose any fans because its £2 instead of £1 and the answer is no. 

16 hours ago, rammieib said:

A generic overhead for me, rather than fleecing the fans for it. For instance, what do these employees do the rest of the time or in summer months when there are no tickets to insert into an envelope?

Ultimately - its a business decision on risk - will we lose any fans because its £2 instead of £1 and the answer is no. 

Quite a few are seasonal workers who work elsewhere between seasons.