Liam Rosenior

10 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

What was our XG's last night?

Fotmob has it: 1.39 xG (Lincoln)vs 0.89 xG (Derby) but not penalty xG would be:

0.60xG vs 0.89xG.

Ours doesn't include our 2 offside goals which would have been around 0.7/0.8xG combined, making our total around 1.6/1.7xG

Its getting difficult to watch. Cant stand possession football. 10-15minutes build up per attack. Boring as hell to watch ?Doesnt work when the opposition will happily watch you run the clock down in your own half.

Im hoping its just cause we're still abit rusty as a team and havent gel'd but cant keep using that excuse. I want fast direct attacking play. Still hope liam can pull something out the bag tho 

Just now, Curtains said:

I’m seriously worried that the manager will ruin Max Bird by only playing 2 in midfield with wingers not tracking back 

Max Bird has played in a 2 in pretty much his whole career so far.

At the moment it looks like Max Bird will ruin himself by needing 10 minutes every time he gets the ball. I rate him highly but he needs to wise up a little bit, I’m sure he will as he’s a very intelligent footballer but the transition to a lower level has not been kind to him so far.

9 hours ago, rammieib said:

The penalty is a penalty. Looked one at the game, and looks one on the highlights.

I was pretty much in line with it and wasn't that surprised it was given, though the contact looked minimal. 

Later in the same half, at the other end of the pitch, NML went down in very similar circumstances on the LHS of their area, but the ref waved our claims away. I'd like to see that one on a replay too. 

4 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Max Bird has played in a 2 in pretty much his whole career so far.

At the moment it looks like Max Bird will ruin himself by needing 10 minutes every time he gets the ball. I rate him highly but he needs to wise up a little bit, I’m sure he will as he’s a very intelligent footballer but the transition to a lower level has not been kind to him so far.

The point is in a 4-2-3-1 the 2 get  overrun if the others don’t track back.

Bird is not being protected and he’s just like a quarter back getting sacked .

He has no time on the ball 

12 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

He absolutely needs to be replaced unfortunately.

He massively bottled it against Plymouth when he could and should have brought Rooney on and didn't.

He’ll be given the chance to improve surely. don’t think any decisions will be made before the World Cup. 

He’ll be hoping things will fall into place. It’s unlikely they will, because his approach doesn’t really work for these players.

So it needs a change of formation, to get more out of Bird, to play to Knight’s strengths and to secure our possession higher up the pitch. Not sure that’ll happen though 

13 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

He’ll be given the chance to improve surely. don’t think any decisions will be made before the World Cup. 

He’ll be hoping things will fall into place. It’s unlikely they will, because his approach doesn’t really work for these players.

So it needs a change of formation, to get more out of Bird, to play to Knight’s strengths and to secure our possession higher up the pitch. Not sure that’ll happen though 

At this rate our season will be over before we get to the world cup.

There is a pattern to our play that has to change.

Edited by Charliegeorge1962

1 hour ago, Jubbs said:

People suggesting Warnock have incredibly short memories. That is exactly the reason we are where we are. Signing old, past in players on high wages, the same would apply to Warnock, who did awfully at Boro.

In comparison to Wilder's job Warnock's tenure is looking a dream.

All irrelevant now though as it looks like he's finally embraced retirement. 

If people want to suggest an old school manager of Warnock's ilk then may I suggest Mick McCarthy

The truth is that if Derby fans are intent on booing the team off then a change is inevitable. 

If you're supportive of Rosenior then you need to support, because for the plenty anything other than being in the top six is worthy of a manager change. 

I thought we had personally learned lessons, as a fan base following the impact of Mel Morris, especially remembering the days where we booed a team off who were top six in the championship on more than one occasion during bad periods, but it seems not. The entitled Derby fans are back and in full voice.

Edited by Ambitious