Dale Stephens

Mckram

Us looking at Dale Stephens doesn’t mean we’re not looking at full backs, wingers, strikers and goalies etc. we can look at multiple players, as we still have a squad to build.

McDonald may not get back to his previous levels, hence being on trial. Another experienced head in the middle isn’t a bad thing, considering Bird and Thompson are young and won’t know league 1 level.

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Can’t see Sibley going, this season will be the making of him. 

I wouldn’t be so sure. I know for a fact that Rooney didn’t rate him at all, so it’s plausible Rosenior doesn’t either. And I’m not in total disagreement, he may well find League One easier, but he’s got to show a hell of a lot more than has done the last couple of years. This is a really important year for him imo.

4 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I wouldn’t be so sure. I know for a fact that Rooney didn’t rate him at all, so it’s plausible Rosenior doesn’t either. And I’m not in total disagreement, he may well find League One easier, but he’s got to show a hell of a lot more than has done the last couple of years. This is a really important year for him imo.

A bit of time on the pitch might help….rather than the odd 5 minute cameo ?

3 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

See how he does this season when given a full chance in his right position…

Indeed we will, hopefully. His position is a good point, I don’t want to see him on the wing, I want to see him given a chance in his natural midfield role. I’m not convinced, but maybe it will click for him and he’ll tear the League apart. It’s been done before.

Just now, Millenniumram said:

Indeed we will, hopefully. His position is a good point, I don’t want to see him on the wing, I want to see him given a chance in his natural midfield role. I’m not convinced, but maybe it will click for him and he’ll tear the League apart. It’s been done before.

Yep, attacking midfielder or a number 10. Not a winger or number 9 ?

36 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Can’t see Sibley going, this season will be the making of him. 

I cant see sibley going because he hasn't shown enough for a transfer,  also don't see him having a good season as I don't particularly rate him but I'm hoping he lights up the division 

33 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

I cant see sibley going because he hasn't shown enough for a transfer,  also don't see him having a good season as I don't particularly rate him but I'm hoping he lights up the division 

Time will tell……

38 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Time will tell……

Isn't it odd, we tried to get him ahead of Jacob Butterfield many moons ago (as well as Lewis Dunk instead of Jason Shackell) but Brighton would not budge. Both Conor Hourihane and James Chester had been targets previously but we could never compete against Villa's buying power. When news broke out Derby were after Joe Wildsmith a few seasons back it got him a new contract. Nathaniel Mendez-Laing was all but signed before Boro stepped in, and Matt Clarke's last minute loan three seasons ago happened because we were pushing to get Haydon Roberts instead. Now that's what I call the long game.

Serdar Dursun next I'm guessing.

1 hour ago, Macintosh said:

Isn't it odd, we tried to get him ahead of Jacob Butterfield many moons ago (as well as Lewis Dunk instead of Jason Shackell) but Brighton would not budge. Both Conor Hourihane and James Chester had been targets previously but we could never compete against Villa's buying power. When news broke out Derby were after Joe Wildsmith a few seasons back it got him a new contract. Nathaniel Mendez-Laing was all but signed before Boro stepped in, and Matt Clarke's last minute loan three seasons ago happened because we were pushing to get Haydon Roberts instead. Now that's what I call the long game.

Serdar Dursun next I'm guessing.

I dont think we were looking to get Roberts 3 years ago when he was just 17. They only loaned him out to Rochdale in 2020, so Championship a year earlier would be a bit of a stretch.