New signings, who will be first...and next?

RoyMac5

6 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

He looks a bit small.  I have visions of some 6ft 5in winger or full back trundling over him like Jonah Lomu did to Tony Underwood.  Welcome to League 1. 

I know it's off topic but I remember that world cup well - he completely changed the way rugby was played IMO. There were very few players with his size and speed at the time but now it's the norm. At 6ft 4in and 96kg I used to play flanker at a decent level, now I'd be too small!

19 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

GK, RB, Forsyth, McDonald and Glover.

Then Rooney for the U21s.

Oduroh said in the interview he wants to play in the first team as much as possible, suspect we’ll get another rb in who will compete with Oduroh for the first team and then we may see him in the u21s from time to time. Also mentioned he gets on with a couple of the academy lads, making more of those existing relationships.

As others have said, if the season started tomorrow we could at least put out a side with square pegs in square holes. ? 

23 minutes ago, jono said:

And if we add Plange we have had, I think, 11 departures … So ladies and gentlemen we still need players .. is Byrne a deffo ? Or is it just Twatter dross ? 

Well the news of him weaseling out of his contract came from the DET journo. So I would say a reputable source.

And the fact he didn't play against Bradford and hasn't trained with us speaks volumes.

So I'd be very, very surprised if he ever plays for us again, nor do I want him to.

5 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

Pleased to get Oduroh over the line. Another right back, Fozzy and another wide man and we will be about there for me. 

Any news on what's is holding up Fozzy signing a new contract?

He’s Scottish! - he will have also have  noticed we have no left backs ! -he probably has better offers from elsewhere in money terms - we will know soon enough I suspect 

53 minutes ago, Dai Capp said:

I know it's off topic but I remember that world cup well - he completely changed the way rugby was played IMO. There were very few players with his size and speed at the time but now it's the norm. At 6ft 4in and 96kg I used to play flanker at a decent level, now I'd be too small!

Remember it well myself- the old world in union. 

Remember the next summer better though

image.thumb.png.468c1cca8f1d9ad7e1034ff959f58b4b.png

Think we're probably 5 signings away from being a promotion team:

LB-most likely Fozzy with Roberts rotation/cover 

RB - wouldn't mind getting someone like Christie or Brayford back, both experienced and would allow for rotation with the new signing. 

CM- assuming Bielik doesn't play for us this year then we 100% need another midfielder. Probably could do with an enforcer with a bit of experience. Stephens/Mcdonald or even Johnson could probably do well. 

GK: not a clue, probably a keeper who knows the lower leagues and would be happy to be a cup keeper and to challenge. 

Another winger/wide attacker: most likely a loan from a prem side, not going to expect to start every game but will give options. That plus Glover would top up the squad and give the u23s some depth. 

21 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

Pleased to get Oduroh over the line. Another right back, Fozzy and another wide man and we will be about there for me. 

Any news on what's is holding up Fozzy signing a new contract?

They tied it to the ball and tried getting him to trap it on the touchline.  So far, 3000 thrown ins and no signature. 

13 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Think we're probably 5 signings away from being a promotion team:

LB-most likely Fozzy with Roberts rotation/cover 

RB - wouldn't mind getting someone like Christie or Brayford back, both experienced and would allow for rotation with the new signing. 

CM- assuming Bielik doesn't play for us this year then we 100% need another midfielder. Probably could do with an enforcer with a bit of experience. Stephens/Mcdonald or even Johnson could probably do well. 

GK: not a clue, probably a keeper who knows the lower leagues and would be happy to be a cup keeper and to challenge. 

Another winger/wide attacker: most likely a loan from a prem side, not going to expect to start every game but will give options. That plus Glover would top up the squad and give the u23s some depth. 

5 signings away from being a promotion team, isn’t that what every manager tells his chairman.?

Wildsmith 

Oduroh Davies Cashin Roberts 

Bird  Hourihane 

Knight Barkhusien NML

Collins 

Subs  Loach Chester Stearman Thompson Sibley McGoldrick Nunn Beilik ( Fozzie if he signs ) 

Edited by Magicman

I suspect Kaz and Foz both may be waiting for acceptable offers but the manager wants other players before their deals are done. We are under a strict budget and maybe someone might have to go to create funds for K&F to be re-signed. I certainly would have Stephens before either of those two. Roberts and Thompson can play left back, or @Anag Ram

Wonder who the 'more experienced' RB could be.

Martin Kelly, Tommy Smith, Cyrus Christie and Ryan Nyambe are the only domestic based RBs I can think of who're available on a free. Wouldn't say no to any if them. Lee Pelier, Danny Simpson or Phil Bardsley if we're after someone even older with less game time on offer.

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

I suspect Kaz and Foz both may be waiting for acceptable offers but the manager wants other players before their deals are done. We are under a strict budget and maybe someone might have to go to create funds for K&F to be re-signed. I certainly would have Stephens before either of those two. Roberts and Thompson can play left back, or @Anag Ram

Only if Sister Dolly packs my sandwiches.

4856F34C-D1EC-4109-9BEF-D35E781BD19E.jpeg

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Wonder who the 'more experienced' RB could be.

Martin Kelly, Tommy Smith, Cyrus Christie and Ryan Nyambe are the only domestic based RBs I can think of who're available on a free. Wouldn't say no to any if them. Lee Pelier, Danny Simpson or Phil Bardsley if we're after someone even older with less game time on offer.

I think we need someone with legs who can get up and down the pitch the way we play. I would take Cyrus Christie back on a two year contract if his wages were reasonable.

3 hours ago, i-Ram said:

We are stacked at centre midfield unless Bielik and Knight leave and in that case then we could bring in Stephens. I'd concentrate on two full backs right now and maybe another wide man.

Fozzy would/should be one of the two full backs and maybe Glover as the wide man?

48 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

I think we need someone with legs who can get up and down the pitch the way we play. I would take Cyrus Christie back on a two year contract if his wages were reasonable.

Cyrus Christie who runs up the pitch and doesn't bother to come back, has no positional awareness or footballing intelligence of any kind,  can't defend offers nothing in attack and just gets in other people's way?

Cyrus Christie one of the most useless RBs we've had in the past 15 years who was shown up for what he was by a 33 year old Chris Baird?

Edited by Coconut's Beard