New signings, who will be first...and next?

RoyMac5

4 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Don’t think anyone is obsessed here- it’s an interesting point of note that on Bristol forum (and others) there are obsessive people about DCFC. It’s funny although at least one of them may have mental issues as it’s not normal to join many boards to bang on about Derby. Really bizarre. 
Crazy how people think Derby have ‘got away’ with anything as well. It really is a distorted reality when people know only half truths and Chinese whispers. 

I joke about it, but actually, back in the day I used to work for the DHSS (shows how long ago that was).  We used to have some claimants who would pen long letters of complete fantasy about who they were, their rights to the throne, the history of England, how people should pay taxes etc based on medieval ways.  They even included fabricated family trees to prove everything, showing their link to the likes of King Richard. It's hard to explain here but the work and effort put in must have been all consuming. 

These were people who you could hold a normal, informed conversation with but then, at the flick of a switch, were then completely in an alternate reality, in what they thought was their "real world" and no amount of logic would sway them.  I see him as a similar character.  

I am pretty much blown away by the new signings. We’ve got some much needed experience and skill in most areas of the pitch. All more than decent and on free transfers.  The thing I am looking for now is how many of last years warriors are going to resign/commit. Liam has a team to build which is going to need the unity of the “old guard” to tie it together. Fozzy, Curtis, Bird, Knight, Byrne, even Lawrence. Getting 4 out of 6 of those would be a sound result, give us options and a good team spirit. 

16 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Don’t think anyone is obsessed here- it’s an interesting point of note that on Bristol forum (and others) there are obsessive people about DCFC. It’s funny although at least one of them may have mental issues as it’s not normal to join many boards to bang on about Derby. Really bizarre. 
Crazy how people think Derby have ‘got away’ with anything as well. It really is a distorted reality when people know only half truths and Chinese whispers. 

He is a very odd character, he kind of thinks he's 'winning' as well, it's very very strange. A few months ago he even temporarily created a twitter account and tweeted myself among others on this board implying he'd 'found us out'. The odd thing about the OTIB board is that nobody ever thinks to say, hang on, stop, this is rowlocks!

1 minute ago, Big Trav said:

No signing for a couple days. The next set of three *could* be the Brighton lads and James Collins. Rosenior is pushing hard for Collins who Cardiff just want rid of. 

Agree.  We may see something Friday but I'd be surprised if anything more is announced this week.  Would love if it was of course but suspect that may be it for now.  I would hope at least one of the Brighton loans, plus Collins, Davis and Fozzy. Fascinating to know who else is currently in talks that no-one's got wind of yet. 

Haven’t felt this optimistic about this football club in ages. It’s so nice. 

I really like the idea of combining some promising youngsters, both from our academy and others, with experienced pros with something to prove (and on short contracts!).

McGoldrick and Collins combining with Stratton and Cybulski. Fantastic. 

Hourihane playing in midfield with Knight or Sibley running off him and Bird sitting deeper. Fantastic.

Cashin and possibly Roberts combined with the experience of Chester and Davies. Fantastic.

Very excited to see who else arrived and how this squad takes shape, but the current trajectory has me feeling (maybe for the first time in years) that there is some thought-out planning going on in terms of recruitment and we might have a chance of having, for the first time since Clough, a balanced squad.

26 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

But we didn't clear the debt, we paid the minimum wanted to avoid a 15 point deduction.

That's not what @The Baroninferred. He reckoned DC may have paid something between £60-65M for the club and stadium. That suggests £38-43M for the club, thus £30-38M to HMRC, unsecured creditors and MSD for the further loans.

10 minutes ago, Crewton said:

That's not what @The Baroninferred. He reckoned DC may have paid something between £60-65M for the club and stadium. That suggests £38-43M for the club, thus £30-38M to HMRC, unsecured creditors and MSD for the further loans.

bear in mind dont have the full details

guessing it replicates ck bid

pays any other bill thats arose since and also the admin fee

16 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

Agree.  We may see something Friday but I'd be surprised if anything more is announced this week.  Would love if it was of course but suspect that may be it for now.  I would hope at least one of the Brighton loans, plus Collins, Davis and Fozzy. Fascinating to know who else is currently in talks that no-one's got wind of yet. 

I wonder if we’re getting all the good news first to soften the blow of a few departures of popular players?

2 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I wonder if we’re getting all the good news first to soften the blow of a few departures of popular players?

Could well be.  That could even include Fozzy and Davis, but I'd be surprised if they left.  Stearman maybe one to leave, and Lawrence obviously. 

Wow, can't wait for everything to kick off

blown away by the signings, absolutely amazing

confidence levels at an all time high - just have to gel together,

we have that many top players i don't forsee a problem, a

massive plus for the younger players who can only come

on leaps and bounds,  it's a thumbs up from me  ?

51 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

But we didn't clear the debt, we paid the minimum wanted to avoid a 15 point deduction.

But we did clear the debt, we paid enough to ensure the EFL didn't give a 15 point deduction and at the same time, the amount that we paid was also enough for the creditors to accept and to not force us into liquidation. So the debts have been cleared, if not paid in full.

We know how much we had to pay to keep the EFL happy, 25%. What we don't know, is how much the creditors were prepared to accept, maybe it was the 25% or maybe we've had to pay more, maybe 30% or so?