Louie Watson - Joined Luton Town

Heisenberg

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Based on media reports, which suggest he's already agreed to come. Championship sides are unlikely to offer him the game time he wants, the ones which can will still have a similar or smaller budget than us.
An international side which contained many L1 players last season - McClean, Ogbene, Will Keane, Horgan, Taylor, Curtis, just to name a few. The current Ireland manager picks his squad based on ability, not league or reputation.
We can afford to pay him like any other club affords to pay their players. A mixture of club generated revenue and an owner pumping money in. Bit of a silly statement from you really... we'll have one of the biggest wage bills in L1 next season. "especially with everyone sodding off" surely means it becomes even easier to afford him.
More like 10 new players to be signed. There's also a strong chance we'll be limited by how much we can offer agents. For example, a punishment for failing P&S is a max agent fee of 3% of a players basic salary. Aside from Sheff Weds and Ipswich, the highest amount paid to agents in L1 last season was £355,774. Coincidentally, they had only just exited administration prior to the summer transfer window.

I suspect the reign on our spending may be tighter than your anticipating as regardless of revenue, people - creditors want paying.  We may sign this fella but the wage will need to be a top half championship one. 

Think this is the first casualty of the change from U23s to U21s. He’s not properly broken through here yet, and at 21 we can’t really give him much more time to do. Probably had to decide he’s not going to make it here and let him go. 

Surprised he’s got a Championship contract though. I’d have thought a League One team at best would’ve taken a punt on him. Good luck to him though, helpfully he makes a career for himself up there.

50 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I suspect the reign on our spending may be tighter than your anticipating as regardless of revenue, people - creditors want paying.  We may sign this fella but the wage will need to be a top half championship one. 

I'm looking at a 50-60% of club revenue being spent on total club wages.

Creditors want paying? They'll receive what has already been agreed to buy the club. Part of that deal to buy the club is to pay players so we have a squad for the season.
Hourihane isn't even a top half Championship player anymore, as reflected in him playing only 33% of Sheff Utd's minutes in the league last season, down from 72% for Swansea the season before. His wage demands will not be as high as you're anticipating.

1 hour ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Neat and tidy, looked to play the ball forward most of the time he had it and.... that's it, really.

He's not really shown anything to say he'll have a better career than, say, Ben Pringle.

(That's not knocking Ben Pringle btw)

Agreed, never really understood the hype. Bit lightweight. Overtaken by the likes of Thompson in the team.

A bit surprised by the choice of club - Luton's style of route one, physical play is about the opposite of what he's about, but best of luck to him. 

Of those who have left recently I'm least upset about him, but it's still yet another kick in the teeth caused by yet more delays in signing the deal.  What I struggle with, even though we're in L1, is Luton massively over-achieved last season, they average way less than 10,000 a game and Kenilworth Road is a dive (from personal experience), once ranked worst stadium in the Championship if I recall correctly.  Hey ho. Good luck to him.  

15 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

I fear you may have slipped in an extra zero on that number B4. More like £60k and add-ons taking it into six figure sum.

Well it could be 600k mate

As six figure sum normal stands for that mate.