Louie Watson - Joined Luton Town

Heisenberg

2 minutes ago, StarterForTen said:

A six-figure sum is one made up of six numbers, so anything from £100,000 to £999,999. But you are quite right, it could be £600k. Let's hope so.

With our accounting acumen it is probably 1,000.00

1 hour ago, SouthernRam said:

Disappointed with this one - always felt he could become a cracking little player with a bit more game time. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him establish himself in the Championship if given a proper chance at Luton.

Yeah me too. He's technically excellent and sees a forward pass. Dunno who is going to be lining up in our midfield this season but you'd have thought we had a great opportunity to give him some games, which is ultimately what he needs.

£600k ????

Derby barely earned that in two years of him sitting on the bench and playing, in the main, 23s football.

Its calculated very much on what you’ve invested in him in terms of time money and experience. Yes he played some 1st team football but he signed as a 19 year old he wasn’t a player Derby had coached, schooled and educated into the man he is now.

7 hours ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

Btw IMO Louie will be twice the player Liam Thompson will be. He has far more technical ability and as he fills out will have far more athleticism.

Opportunity is king and for some reason Liam got his and various others didn’t.

high key disagree with this. Thomson didn't look out of place in our team, Watson (despite having moments) wandered in and out of games when he did play. I wasn't overly impressed and wasn't surprised he quickly dropped out of the team following the first game. 

4 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

high key disagree with this. Thomson didn't look out of place in our team, Watson (despite having moments) wandered in and out of games when he did play. I wasn't overly impressed and wasn't surprised he quickly dropped out of the team following the first game. 

I agree. Thommo looked up for the fight, Watson might have made more of an impression if we'd been comfortably sat in the top half. I still think he might be too lightweight even for the championship. 

5 hours ago, Crewton said:

I agree. Thommo looked up for the fight, Watson might have made more of an impression if we'd been comfortably sat in the top half. I still think he might be too lightweight even for the championship. 

There was a lack of strength in the legs of Watson too, to the point that it didn't seem he could strike a ball viciously hard. The ball always seemed to be 'stroked' around by him. His movement was alright but he did seem to take a few seconds more than he should have done to make a decision on where to pass/where to be. Still remember Thommo's performance against stoke away and he ran the show, made their midfield look like elderly carthorses who couldn't cope with the intensity that he brought.