Song for our new era.

GB SPORTS

46 minutes ago, Crewton said:

The late Kevin Coyne was from Derby and, whilst not widely known or particularly relevant to DCFC, I loved this song of his from the early 70s :

As an 'anthem' for DCFC games, I reckon something utterly joyful would fit the bill, like these examples :

That Frank Wilson, blimey, maybe 40 k of record there.

2 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

Yeah - try explaining that to the gammons as they literally explode with rage when they get told. Actually, it could work well - we could cleanse the nation of all the woke haters in one clean swoop - it would be a bit like the end of Kingsmen with heads popping all over the place.

As a gammon, who has just finished a campaign of C&C Generals, having downloaded all 17 games in the series, stick your stereotyping up your Tiberium Sun.

2 hours ago, Crewton said:

The late Kevin Coyne was from Derby and, whilst not widely known or particularly relevant to DCFC, I loved this song of his from the early 70s :

As an 'anthem' for DCFC games, I reckon something utterly joyful would fit the bill, like these examples :

Some cracking tunes there!

5 hours ago, Rammysees said:

As a gammon, who has just finished a campaign of C&C Generals, having downloaded all 17 games in the series, stick your stereotyping up your Tiberium Sun.

Star Trek Reaction GIF

Sorry, but video references for any game released after Crash Bandicoot 2 will profer the same reaction. 

15 hours ago, desirelines said:

I always liked it when BBC Radio Derby would play the Athletics theme tune. A trimmed/edited version of that could work in a strange, timeless kinda way. 

Written by the genius composer Keith Mansfield, who also penned the theme tunes for Wimbledon and Grandstand. Just saying...

I know he's a Brummy but hasn't Roy Wood from Wizzard lived in Derbyshire for years.

He's done everything he can to keep his Xmas track going, even so far as duetting with the wombles, so I'm sure we could get him to re-write that for us. Everyone knows the tune.

Maybe get him, the guy from 1D, the guy from Blur and whoever else to form a supergroup. Must be able to do something using Cox, Wizz and a Hor?

6 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Written by the genius composer Keith Mansfield, who also penned the theme tunes for Wimbledon and Grandstand. Just saying...

This would be great for the players to walk out to and fits perfectly as this is still the song played at 2pm on match days on radio Derby, goosebumps every time. 

anything but SBW